- 2020. Patients’ and healthcare workers’ recommendations for a surgical patient safety checklist – a qualitative study. BMC Health Services Research. 1-10.
- 2020. How does the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist fit with existing perioperative risk management strategies? An ethnographic study across surgical specialties. BMC Health Services Research. 1-11.
- 2020. Clinical Efficacy of Combined Surgical Patient Safety System and the World Health Organization's Checklists in Surgery: A Nonrandomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Surgery. 562-570.
- 2020. A health economic evaluation of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist. Annals of Surgery. 1-6.
- 2019. Validation of a Norwegian version of SURgical PAtient Safety System (SURPASS) in combination with the World Health Organizations' Surgical Safety Checklist (WHO SSC). BMJ Open Quality.
- 2019. Investigation of perioperative work processes in provision of antibiotic prophylaxis: a prospective descriptive qualitative study across surgical specialties in Norway . BMJ Open. 1-11.
- 2019. Impact of the World Health Organization Surgical Safety Checklist on Patient Safety. Anesthesiology. 420-425.
- 2019. Evaluation of a new e-learning framework for teaching nuclear medicine and radiology to undergraduate medical students. Acta Radiologica Open. 1-6.
- 2019. Causal analysis of World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist implementation quality and impact on care processes and patient outcomes: Secondary analysis from a large stepped wedge cluster randomized controlled trial in Norway. Annals of Surgery. 283-290.
- 2018. Accuracy of surgical complication rate estimation using ICD-10 codes. British Journal of Surgery. 236-244.
- 2017. Continuous ventilation during intubation through a supraglottic airway device guided by fiberoptic bronchoscopy: a observational assessment. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 23-30.
- 2017. Causal Analysis of World Health Organization's Surgical Safety Checklist Implementation Quality and Impact on Care Processes and Patient Outcomes: Secondary Analysis From a Large Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial in Norway. Annals of Surgery.
- 2016. Preventing Complications - The Preflight Checklist. European Urology Focus. 60-62.
- 2015. Effect of the World Health Organization Checklist on Patient Outcomes: A Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Surgery. 821-828.
- 2013. Impact of the World Health Organization's Surgical Safety Checklist on safety culture in the operating theatre: a controlled intervention study. British Journal of Anaesthesia. 807-815.
- 2013. A survey of surgical team members’ perceptions of near misses and attitudes towards Time Out protocols. BMC Surgery.
- 2012. Adjusting team involvement: a grounded theory study of challenges in utilizing a surgical safety checklist as experienced by nurses in the operating room. BMC Nursing.
- 2011. Implementation of checklists in health care; learning from high-reliability organisations. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. 7.
- 2010. The effect of a simple checklist on frequent pre-induction deficiencies. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 1179-1184.
- 2010. Patient safety in surgical environments: Cross-countries comparison of psychometric properties and results of the Norwegian version of the Hospital Survey on Patient Safety. BMC Health Services Research. 10 pages.
- 2010. Checklists in the operating room: Help or hurdle? A qualitative study on health workers' experiences. BMC Health Services Research. 1 pages.
- 2006. Veiledning i klinisk forskning under spesialistutdanning: Dilemma og muligheter. Oppgave KUrs i Universitetspedagogikk UiB, Modul Forskingsveiledning BORA 27/11-06. UPED-skrift.
- 2006. Evaluation of a porcine model to study in vivo platelet activation. Thrombosis Research. 341-352.
- 2006. Cardiopulmonary distress during obstetrical anaesthesia: attempts to diagnose amniotic fluid embolism in a case series of suspected allergic anaphylaxis. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 324-330.
- 2004. Pneumomediastinum in labour -- probably not caused by a lumbar epidural anaesthesia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 123-125.
- 2003. Thrombocytopenia in Pregnancy. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2250-2252.
- 2003. Anaesthetic complications associated with myotonia congenita: case study and comparison with other myotonic disorders. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 630-634.
- 1995. Simple method for labeling of porcine platelets with %1%1%1indium-oxine. Laboratory animal science (Chicago). 48-51.
- 1995. Evaluation of medical equipment and emergency procedures for hyperbaric use. Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine, Suppl.. 63.
- 1995. Evaluation of Thiopentone-Midazolam-Fentanyl aneaesthesia in pigs. Laboratory Animals. Journal of the Laboratory Animal Science Association. 269-275.
- 1995. Animals in hyperbaric research. Scandinavian Journal of Laboratory Animal Science. 36.
- 1995. A Transport and monitoring unit for piglets under general anaesthesia. Laboratory Animals. Journal of the Laboratory Animal Science Association. 282-285.
- 1994. Nitrogen microbubbles induce a disappearance of single platelets (aggregation) with porcine platelets: A comparative study of the effects of anticoagulants and blood collection methods. Thrombosis Research. 61-70.
- 1992. Ventrikkel- og duodenalsonde. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1601-1601.
- 1992. Porcine platelets in vitro and in vivo studies. Relevance to human thrombosis research. European Journal of Haematology. 161-173.
- 2019. Explanations On Improved Patient Outcomes- And Perioperative Care Processes, Following Implementation Of The World Health Organization’s Surgical Safety Checklist .
- 2018. Use of WHO Surgical Safety Checklist Improved Work Processes in Operating Theatre and Patient Outcome – a Stepped Wedge Cluster RCT.
- 2018. Experiences on utilization of a stepped wedge cluster randomized controlled trial designed implementation of surgical safety checklists in two Norwegian hospitals. .
- 2016. EFFICACY OF A SURGICAL SAFETY CHECKLIST IN IMPROVING ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS IN SURGERY.
- 2011. Sikkerhetskultur i operasjonsavdelingen.
- 2011. Perceptions of safety climate in anaesthesia and surgery.
Reader opinion piece
- 2019. It’s not miraculous, it’s a no-brainer. BMJ. British Medical Journal.
Letter to the editor
- 2017. Reply to Letters to the Editor Concerning the Article Continuous Ventilation During Intubation Through A Supraglottic Airway Device Guided By Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy: A feasibility study: A strategy for securing a definitive airway after successful rescue by supraglottic airway device: TABASCO. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 698-700.
- 2017. A strategy for securing a definitive airway after successful rescue by supraglottic airway device: TABASCO. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 698-700.
- 2016. Reply. Annals of Surgery. e24-e25.
- 2014. Reply to "Letter to Editor Concerning the Article-Effect of the World Health Organization Checklist on Patient Outcomes: A Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial". Annals of Surgery. 1-1.
- 2011. Patient safety in surgical environments: Cross-countries comparison of psychometric properties and results of the Norwegian version of the Hospital Survey on Patient Safety.
Academic literature review
- 2014. The effects of safety checklists in medicine: a systematic review. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 5-18.
- 2006. Intrauterine growth restriction. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. 5-12.