- 2020. Ensomhet hjemme og i sykehjem. Fagbokforlaget.
- 2020. General practitioners' provision of end-of-life care and associations with dying at home: a registry-based longitudinal study. Family Practice. 1-8.
- 2019. The effect of a multicomponent intervention on quality of Life in residents of nursing homes: A randomized controlled trial (COSMOS). Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 330-339.
- 2019. Psychosis symptoms in nursing home residents with and without dementia?Cross-sectional analyses from the COSMOS study. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 683-691.
- 2019. Implementing a novel strategy for interprofessional medication review using collegial mentoring and systematic clinical evaluation in nursing homes (COSMOS). BMC Geriatrics. 1-11.
- 2019. Associations between home deaths and end-of-life nursing care trajectories for community-dwelling people: a population-based registry study. BMC Health Services Research. 1-9.
- 2018. Tolerability of buprenorphine transdermal system in nursing home patients with advanced dementia: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial (DEP.PAIN.DEM). Clinical Interventions in Aging. 935-946.
- 2018. Long-term pain treatment did not improve sleep in nursing home patients with comorbid dementia and depression: A 13-week randomized placebo-controlled trial. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2018. Efficacy and Safety of Analgesic Treatment for Depression in People with Advanced Dementia: Randomised, Multicentre, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial (DEP.PAIN.DEM). Drugs & Aging. 545-558.
- 2018. Effects of pain treatment on sleep in nursing home patients with dementia and depression: A multicenter placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 663-670.
- 2018. Description of an advance care planning intervention in nursing homes: Outcomes of the process evaluation. BMC Geriatrics. 1-11.
- 2018. Deprescribing antihypertensive treatment in nursing home patients and the effect on blood pressure. Journal of Geriatric Cardiology. 275-283.
- 2018. Comparing unplanned and potentially planned home deaths: a population-based cross-sectional study. BMC Palliative Care. 1-11.
- 2018. Advance Care Planning in Nursing Homes–Improving the Communication Among Patient, Family, and Staff: Results From a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial (COSMOS). Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2017. High prevalence of insomnia and hypnotic use in patients visiting their general practitioner. Family Practice. 20-24.
- 2017. Clinically significant discrepancies between sleep problems assessed by standard clinical tools and actigraphy. BMC Geriatrics. 1-8.
- 2017. Associations between pain and depression in nursing home patients at different stages of dementia. Journal of Affective Disorders. 8-14.
- 2016. The interactive relationship between pain, psychosis, and agitation in people with dementia: results from a cluster-randomised clinical trial. Behavioural Neurology. 1-8.
- 2016. Staff distress improves by treating pain in nursing home patients with dementia: results from a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 795-805.
- 2016. Multi-psychotropic drug prescription and the association to neuropsychiatric symptoms in three Norwegian nursing home cohorts between 2004 and 2011. BMC Geriatrics. 9 pages.
- 2016. Identifying and managing pain in people with Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of dementia: a aystematic review. CNS Drugs. 481-497.
- 2016. A review of the implementation and research strategies of advance care planning in nursing homes. BMC Geriatrics.
- 2015. Treating pain in dementia - are we good enough? Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy. 303-304.
- 2015. Lindrende behandling og omsorg ved livets slutt hos personer med demens. Omsorg: Nordisk tidsskrift for Palliativ Medisin. 84-89.
- 2015. COSMOS-improving the quality of life in nursing home patients: Protocol for an effectiveness-implementation cluster randomized clinical hybrid trial. Implementation Science.
- 2014. The importance of pain management in older people with dementia. British Medical Bulletin. 139-148.
- 2014. Short rest periods between work shifts predict sleep and health problems in nurses at 1-year follow-up. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 555-561.
- 2014. Prevalence and predictors of recovery from chronic fatigue syndrome in a routine clinical practice. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 1-8.
- 2014. Predictors of shift work disorder among nurses: a longitudinal study. Sleep Medicine. 1449-1455.
- 2014. Effective pain management in patients with dementia: benefits beyond pain? Drugs & Aging. 863-871.
- 2013. Shift-related sleep problems vary according to work schedule. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 238-245.
- 2013. Personality factors predict sleep-related shift work tolerance in different shifts at 2-year follow-up: a prospective study. BMJ Open.
- 2013. Insomnia, excessive sleepiness, excessive fatigue, anxiety, depression and shift work disorder in nurses having less than 11 hours in-between shifts. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Shift work disorder in nurses - assessment, prevalence and related health problems. PLOS ONE. 9 pages.
- 2012. A reliability and validity study of the Bergen shift work sleep questionnaire in nurses working three-shift rotations. Chronobiology International. 937-946.
- 2011. Transient changes in frontal alpha asymmetry as a measure of emotional and physical distress during sleep. Brain Research. 234-249.
- 2014. Søvn og smerter blant pasienter med demens.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2015. The effect of pain and pain treatment on agitation and psychosis in nursing home patients suffering from dementia.
- 2019. DEM.LIGHT: Lysterapirom for betra søvn, døgnrytme, åtferd og humør hos sjukeheimspasientar med demens.
- 2018. Placebo conditions and blinding in bright light therapy studies on dementia: A systematic review.
- 2018. Few planned home deaths in Norway. A population-based cross-sectional study. (Oral session O6.2.1).
- 2017. Effects of pain treatment on sleep in People With dementia and depression: a placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial.
- 2015. Pain and sleep in persons with dementia.
- 2013. Short rest periods of less than 11 hours between work shifts predict sleep and health problems in nurses at one year follow-up.
- 2013. Shift-rotations with less than 11 hours rest periods predict shift work disorder, excessive sleepiness and pathological fatigue in nurses at one year follow-up.
- 2011. Shift work disorder in nurses.
- 2011. Shift work disorder - operationalization, prevalence and related health outcome in nurses.
- 2019. Eldreboken. Fagbokforlaget.
Popular scientific article
- 2013. Ulik forekomst av søvnlidelser mellom fylker og mellom by og land. SØVN. 22-25.
- 2011. Nattarbeid gir helseproblemer. Sykepleien Forskning. 70-72.
- 2015. Kan jeg få dø hjemme? BT.
- 2014. Døden flyttet inn på institusjon. Vårt land.
- 2019. Sleep in Nursing Home Patients: Clinical Assessment and the Effects of Pain Treatment on Sleep.
- 2013. Sleep and Health in Shift Working Nurses.
- 2012. Skiftarbeid gir søvnproblemer.
- 2016. Medication review based on clinical evaluation in nursing homes. The journal of Nursing Home Research.
- 2015. La oss sove på det. Morgenbladet.
- 2015. Advance care planning in norwegian nursing homes – study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care.
- 2012. Work-related sleep problems vary according to work schedule. Journal of Sleep Research. 274-274.
- 2019. Pain, depression and their association with sleep in nursing home patients with advanced dementia .
- 2019. ENLIGHT: effects of light on cognition in dementia.
- 2018. Designing of diurnal light conditions for improved circadian rhythms in dementia - An intervention study.
- 2016. Staff distress improves by treating pain in nursing home patients with dementia .
- 2016. "Sleep in Nursing Home Patients: A Cross-sectional Study Using Actigraphic and Informant-observed Assessments of Sleep Disturbances" .
- 2015. Psychosis and agitation and their interactive relationship to pain in people with dementia: results from a randomized clinical trial.
- 2015. Multi-psychotropic drug prescription in nursing home patients with dementia.
- 2015. Implementation of Advance Care Planning in Norwegian Nursing Homes An effectiveness-implementation hybrid trial .
- 2015. Implementation of Advance Care Planning in Norwegian Nursing Homes .
- 2015. Implementation and Research Strategies of Advance Care Planning in Nursing Homes. A Review of the Literature.
- 2015. High prevalence of DSM-5/ICSD-3 insomnia, self-reported sleep problems, and hypnotic use in patients visiting their general practitioner.
- 2015. Epidemiology of Home Death in Norway.
- 2015. Daytime sleep and Activity - a Descriptive Study of Elderly Nursing Home Patients in Norway.
- 2014. Insomnia and non-restorative sleep.
- 2011. Systematic study of insomnia symptoms in relation to work schedule.
- 2011. Bergen Shift Work Sleep Questionnaire: a new and comprehensive measurement of shift work related sleep disturbances.
- 2010. Shift work disorder and its relation to reduced Health-related quality of life.
Academic literature review
- 2017. The Liverpool Care Pathway: a systematic review discarded in cancer patients but good enough for dying nursing home patients. 1-13.
- 2017. Opioid Prescription Use in Nursing Home Residents with Advanced Dementia. 8 pages.
- 2016. Joint occurrence of pain and sleep disturbances in people with dementia. A systematic review. 539-545.
- 2015. Søvn på sykehjem.
- 2015. Sleep, circadian rhythms, and athletic performance. 1-9.
- 2015. Kvalitet og kompetanse på sykehjem – behov for en standard for behandling og omsorg.
- 2015. Aktiviteter på sykehjem - hva fungerer? 55-60.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2019. Lys som intervensjon for personer med demens. SØVN. 20-27.
- 2014. Svingdørsturnus like uheldig som nattevakter. Dagens medisin.
Fields of competence