Elisabeth Marie Strømme
- Phone+47 55 58 99 68
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklyngeÅrstadveien 17 Blokk D5018 BergenRoom4th floor, wing A
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Primary health care
Inequalities in health
Access to health care services
Communication through interpreter in health care services
Cancer in primary care
Migration and health in a pharmaceutical perspective
- (2023). Food insecurity and its association with mental health among Syrian refugees resettled in Norway: A cross-sectional study. Journal of Migration and Health.
- (2021). Use of health care services among Syrian refugees migrating to Norway: a prospective longitudinal study. BMC Health Services Research. 11 pages.
- (2020). The effect of physiotherapy group intervention in reducing pain disorders and mental health symptoms among syrian refugees: A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 15 pages.
- (2020). Health status and use of medication and their association with migration related exposures among Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Norway: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 1-9.
- (2020). Changes in self-rated health and quality of life among Syrian refugees migrating to Norway: a prospective longitudinal study . International Journal for Equity in Health. 1-9.
- (2020). Changes in health among Syrian refugees along their migration trajectories from Lebanon to Norway: a prospective cohort study. Public Health. 240-245.
- (2019). Two interventions to treat pain disorders and post-traumatic symptoms among Syrian refugees: protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- (2017). Global Health Inequality: Comparing Inequality-Adjusted Life Expectancy over Time. Public Health Ethics. 188-211.
- (2014). Disease control priorities for neglected tropical diseases: lessons from priority ranking based on the quality of evidence, cost effectiveness, severity of disease, catastrophic health expenditures, and loss of productivity. Developing World Bioethics. 132-141.
- (2010). Jeg tør ikke føde igjen! Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 174-175.
- (2020). Er kroniske smerter relatert til opplevelse av sammenheng blant syriske flyktninger? .
- (2020). Søvn hos syriske flyktninger under flukt og etter bosetting i Norge: en kohortstudie.
- (2020). Forandringer i røykevaner og bruk av alkohol under migrasjon – en kohortstudie blant syriske flyktninger i Libanon og i Norge.
- (2020). Effect of group treatment on physical inactivity among Syrian refugees with pain disorders and/or post-traumatic symptoms. A randomised controlled trial.
- (2020). Access to healthcare and self-rated health among refugees in transit in Lebanon and after arrival in Norway.
- (2018). Stillesitting blant syriske flyktninger i to ulike faser i migrasjonsprosessen.
- (2018). Sosial støtte i en presset livssituasjon – en undersøkelse blant voksne syriske flyktninger i Libanon og Norge.
- (2019). Self Rated Health among Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Norway – a cross sectional study. European Journal of Public Health.
- (2019). Chronic pain and migration-related factors among Syrian refugees: a cross-sectional study. European Journal of Public Health.
- (2018). Reported pain and use of painkillers among Syrian refugees at various stages in the migration process . European Journal of Public Health.
- (2018). Access to healthcare and unmet health needs among Syrian asylum seekers in transit and at arrival in Norway. European Journal of Public Health.
- (2020). Non-communicable diseases and use of medication among Syrian refugees: a prospective cohort study .
- (2021). Chronic pain and mental health problems among Syrian refugees: associations, predictors and use of medication over time: a prospective cohort study. BMJ Open. 1-9.
- (2022). Bruk av tolk blant fastleger på Vestlandet. Utposten.
PhD, University of Bergen (Norway), 2017 - 2021
Qualification Program for General Practitioners (Norway), 2012 -
Cand med, University of Bergen (Norway), 2004 - 2011
Intern, The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) (Jordan), 2010
Development studies, University College of Oslo (Norway), 2004 - 2006