- 2021. Fibulin-2 expression associates with vascular invasion and patient survival in breast cancer. PLOS ONE. 1-14.
- 2020. Stathmin expression associates with vascular and immune responses in aggressive breast cancer subgroups. Scientific Reports. 14 pages.
- 2020. MRPS23 amplification and gene expression in breast cancer; association with proliferation and the non-basal subtypes. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 73-86.
- 2019. PIK3CA amplification associates with aggressive phenotype but not markers of AKT-mTOR signaling in endometrial carcinoma. Clinical Cancer Research. 334-345.
- 2019. Integrin α11β1 is expressed in breast cancer stroma and associates with aggressive tumor phenotypes. The journal of pathology. Clinical research. 69-82.
- 2018. Transient elevation of anti-transglutaminase and anti-endomysium antibodies in Giardia infection. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. 809-812.
- 2018. Identification of highly connected and differentially expressed gene subnetworks in metastasizing endometrial cancer. PLOS ONE. 1-21.
- 2018. Deblender: A semi-/unsupervised multi-operational computational method for complete deconvolution of expression data from heterogeneous samples. BMC Bioinformatics. 1-17.
- 2017. Tumor-associated macrophages are strongly related to vascular invasion, non-luminal subtypes, and interval breast cancer. Human Pathology. 72-80.
- 2017. Extra-nodal extension is a significant prognostic factor in lymph node positive breast cancer. PLOS ONE. 1-15.
- 2017. Expression of Nestin associates with BRCA1 mutations, a basal-like phenotype and aggressive breast cancer. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- 2017. C77G in PTPRC (CD45) is no risk allele for ovarian cancer, but associated with less aggressive disease. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- 2016. Tumour cell invasion into blood vessels is significantly related to breast cancer subtypes and decreased survival. Journal of Clinical Pathology. 313-319.
- 2016. Evaluation of Tumor Cell Proliferation by Ki-67 Expression and Mitotic Count in Lymph Node Metastases from Breast Cancer. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Aneuploidy related transcriptional changes in endometrial cancer link low expression of chromosome 15q genes to poor survival. OncoTarget. 9696-9707.
- 2015. Tumor necrosis is an important hallmark of aggressive endometrial cancer and associates with hypoxia, angiogenesis and inflammation responses. OncoTarget. 39676-39691.
- 2015. Molecular profiling of endometrial carcinoma precursor, primary and metastatic lesions suggests different targets for treatment in obese compared to non-obese patients. OncoTarget. 1327-1339.
- 2015. Intra-gene DNA methylation variability is a clinically independent prognostic marker in women's cancers. PLOS ONE.
- 2015. Increased angiogenesis is associated with a 32-gene expression signature and 6p21 amplification in aggressive endometrial cancer. OncoTarget. 10634-10645.
- 2015. HOTAIR and its surrogate DNA methylation signature indicate carboplatin resistance in ovarian cancer. Genome Medicine.
- 2014. Stathmin Protein Level, a Potential Peredictive Marker for Taxane Treatment Response in Endometrial Cancer. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Risk of ovarian cancer and the NF-kB pathway: Genetic association with IL1A and TNFSF10. Cancer Research. 852-861.
- 2014. Molecular profiling of circulating tumor cells links plasticity to the metastatic process in endometrial cancer. Molecular Cancer.
- 2014. Landscape of genomic alterations in cervical carcinomas. Nature. 371-375.
- 2014. Hypomethylation of the CTCFL/BORIS promoter and aberrant expression during endometrial cancer progression suggests a role as an Epi-driver gene. OncoTarget. 1052-1061.
- 2014. Genome-wide association study of subtype-specific epithelial ovarian cancer risk alleles using pooled DNA. Human Genetics. 481-497.
- 2014. Endometrial Carcinoma Recurrence Score (ECARS) validates to identify aggressive disease and associates with markers of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and PI3K alterations. Gynecologic Oncology. 599-606.
- 2014. Breast cancer stromal elastosis is associated with mammography screening detection, low Ki67 expression and favourable prognosis in a population-based study. Diagnostic Pathology. 8 pages.
- 2014. An 18-Gene signature for vascular invasion is associated with aggressive features and reduced survival in breast cancer. PLOS ONE.
- 2013. Role of DNA methylation and epigenetic silencing of HAND2 in endometrial cancer development. PLoS Medicine.
- 2013. Multiple independent variants at the TERT locus are associated with telomere length and risks of breast and ovarian cancer. Nature Genetics. 371-384.
- 2013. Lack of estrogen receptor-alpha is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition and PI3K alterations in endometrial carcinoma. Clinical Cancer Research. 1094-1105.
- 2013. Integrated genomic analysis of the 8q24 amplification in endometrial cancers identifies ATAD2 as essential to MYC-dependent cancers. PLOS ONE. 9 pages.
- 2013. Identification and molecular characterization of a new ovarian cancer susceptibility locus at 17q21.31. Nature Communications. 12 pages.
- 2013. Hormone receptor loss in endometrial carcinoma curettage predicts lymph node metastasis and poor outcome in prospective multicentre trial. European Journal of Cancer. 3431-3441.
- 2013. High phospho-stathmin(Serine38) expression identifies aggressive endometrial cancer and suggests an association with PI3K inhibition. Clinical Cancer Research. 2331-2341.
- 2013. GWAS meta-analysis and replication identifies three new susceptibility loci for ovarian cancer. Nature Genetics. 362-370.
- 2013. GALR1 methylation in vaginal swabs is highly accurate in identifying women with endometrial cancer. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 1050-1055.
- 2013. Epigenetic analysis leads to identification of HNF1B as a subtype-specific susceptibility gene for ovarian cancer. Nature Communications. 10 pages.
- 2013. ARID1A loss is prevalent in endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and low-grade endometrioid carcinomas. Modern Pathology. 428-434.
- 2012. Loss of GPER identifies new targets for therapy among a subgroup of ER alpha-positive endometrial cancer patients with poor outcome. British Journal of Cancer. 1682-1688.
- 2012. Lipocalin 2 expression is associated with aggressive features of endometrial cancer. BMC Cancer. 7 pages.
- 2012. KRAS gene amplification and overexpression but not mutation associates with aggressive and metastatic endometrial cancer. British Journal of Cancer. 1997-2004.
- 2012. Improved survival related to changes in endometrial cancer treatment, a 30-year population based perspective. Gynecologic Oncology. 381-387.
- 2012. High-throughput mutation profiling of primary and metastatic endometrial cancers identifies KRAS, FGFR2 and PIK3CA to be frequently mutated. PLOS ONE.
- 2011. Stathmin Overexpression Identifies High-Risk Patients and Lymph Node Metastasis in Endometrial Cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. 3368-3377.
- 2011. High BMI is significantly associated with positive progesterone receptor status and clinico-pathological markers for non-aggressive disease in endometrial cancer. British Journal of Cancer. 921-926.
- 2011. Evolution in endometrial cancer evidence from an immunohistochemical study. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 316-322.
- 2011. Elevated plasma growth differentiation factor-15 correlates with lymph node metastases and poor survival in endometrial cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. 4825-4833.
- 2009. Prognostic Impact of Parity in 493 Uterine Sarcoma Patients. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 1062-1067.
- 2009. Plasma calprotectin concentrations in women with endometrial carcinoma. Gynecologic Oncology. 491-495.
- 2009. Parity and time interval since childbirth influence survival in endometrial cancer patients. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. 665-669.
- 2009. Integrated genomic profiling of endometrial carcinoma associates aggressive tumors with indicators of PI3 kinase activation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 4834-4839.
- 2009. Deoxyribonucleic acid ploidy in endometrial carcinoma: a reproducible and valid prognostic marker in a routine diagnostic setting. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 603-607.
- 2012. Stratification based on high tumour cell content in fresh frozen tissue promotes selection of aggressive endometrial carcinomas. Histopathology. 516-519.
- 2010. Stathmin is superior to AKT and phospho-AKT staining for the detection of phosphoinositide 3-kinase activation and aggressive endometrial cancer. Histopathology. 641-646.
- 2017. Cancer Biomarkers: Ethics, Economics and Society. Megaloceros Press.
- 2013. Endometrial carcinoma: a step closer to individualized therapy? Exploring transcriptional alterations in relation to prognostic biomarkers.
- 2017. Med forskning som ståsted i patologien.
- 2017. Gene expression signatures of the tumor microenvironment: relation to tumor progress in breast cancer. 29 pages.
- 2012. Estrogen receptor a loss in endometrial carcinoma is associated with epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and a potential for PI3Kinase inhibition. Virchows Archiv. S18-S18.
- 2012. Estrogen receptor a loss in endometrial carcinoma is associated with epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and a potential for PI3Kinase inhibition. Virchows Archiv. 18-18.
- 2012. Identification of metastasis subnetworks in endometrial cancer.
- 2012. An ensemble-based feature selection algorithm for identifying candidate metastasis marker genes in endometrial cancer.
- 2009. Stathmin is superior to AKT and Phospho-AKT staining to detect PI3Kinase activation and aggressive endometrial cancer.
- 2014. Clinical value of DNA content assessment in endometrial cancer. Cytometry Part B: Clinical Cytometry. 154-163.
Endometrial Carcinoma Recurrence Score (ECARS) validates to identify aggressive disease and associates with markers of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and PI3K alterations.
Wik E, Trovik J, Kusonmano K, Birkeland E, Raeder MB, Pashtan I, Hoivik EA, Krakstad C, Werner HM, Holst F, Mjøs S, Halle MK, Mannelqvist M, Mauland KK, Oyan AM, Stefansson IM, Petersen K, Simon R, Cherniack AD, Meyerson M, Kalland KH, Akslen LA, Salvesen HB.
Gynecol Oncol. 2014 Sep;134(3):599-606. PMID: 24995579
High phospho-Stathmin(Serine38) expression identifies aggressive endometrial cancer and suggests an association with PI3K inhibition.
Wik E, Birkeland E, Trovik J, Werner HM, Hoivik EA, Mjos S, Krakstad C, Kusonmano K, Mauland K, Stefansson IM, Holst F, Petersen K, Oyan AM, Simon R, Kalland KH, Ricketts W, Akslen LA, Salvesen HB.
Clin Cancer Res. 2013 May 1;19(9):2331-41. PMID: 23538402
Lack of estrogen receptor-α is associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition and PI3K alterations in endometrial carcinoma.
Wik E, Ræder MB, Krakstad C, Trovik J, Birkeland E, Hoivik EA, Mjos S, Werner HM, Mannelqvist M, Stefansson IM, Oyan AM, Kalland KH, Akslen LA, Salvesen HB.
Clin Cancer Res. 2013 Mar 1;19(5):1094-105. PMID: 23319822
An 18-gene signature for vascular invasion is associated with aggressive features and reduced survival in breast cancer.
Mannelqvist M, Wik E, Stefansson IM, Akslen LA.
PLoS One. 2014 Jun 6;9(6):e98787.
Increased angiogenesis is associated with a 32-gene expression signature and 6p21 amplification in aggressive endometrial cancer.
Stefansson IM, Raeder M, Wik E, Mannelqvist M, Kusonmano K, Knutsvik G, Haldorsen I, Trovik J, Øyan AM, Kalland KH, Staff AC, Salvesen HB, Akslen LA.
Oncotarget. 2015 Mar 10. PMID: 25860936
Breast cancer stromal elastosis is associated with mammography screening detection, low Ki67 expression and favourable prognosis in a population-based study.
Chen Y, Klingen TA, Wik E, Aas H, Vigeland E, Liestøl K, Garred Ø, Mæhlen J, Akslen LA, Lømo J. Diagn Pathol. 2014 Dec 19;9(1):230. PMID: 25522915