Uses mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomics to analyze the proteome in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patient cells, aiming to unravel more of the complex biological processes behind AML and to find prognostic biomarkers which can guide therapeutic decisions.
Other research interests are cell-cell communication in the AML microenviroment and proteomic method optimization.
- 2019. Proteomic profiling of primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells does not reflect their constitutive release of soluble mediators. Proteomes. 1-10.
- 2018. Two acute myeloid leukemia patient subsets are identified based on the constitutive PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling of their leukemic cells; a functional, proteomic and transcriptomic comparison. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 639-653.
- 2017. Phosphoprotein DIGE profiles reflect blast differentiation, cytogenetic risk stratification, FLT3/NPM1 mutations and therapy response in acute myeloid leukaemia. Journal of Proteomics. 32-41.
- 2016. Reliable FASP-based procedures for optimal quantitative proteomic and phosphoproteomic analysis on samples from acute myeloid leukemia patients. Biological Procedures Online. 1-10.
- 2016. Label-free analysis of human cerebrospinal fluid addressing various normalization strategies and revealing protein groups affected by multiple sclerosis. Proteomics. 1154-1165.
- 2016. Global cell proteome profiling, phospho-signaling and quantitative proteomics for identification of new biomarkers in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 52-70.
- 2016. Freezing effects on the acute myeloid leukemia cell proteome and phosphoproteome revealed using optimal quantitative workflows. Journal of Proteomics. 214-225.
- 2019. An overview on G protein-coupled receptor-induced signal transduction in acute myeloid leukemia. Current Medicinal Chemistry. 5293-5316.
- 2018. Vacuolar ATPase as a possible therapeutic target in human acute myeloid leukemia. Expert Review of Hematology. 13-24.
- 2017. Therapeutic targeting of leukemic stem cells in acute myeloid leukemia - the biological background for possible strategies. Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery. 1053-1065.
Acute myeloid leukemia research