Uses mass spectrometry-based quantitative proteomics to analyze the proteome in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patient cells, aiming to unravel more of the complex biological processes behind AML and to find prognostic biomarkers which can guide therapeutic decisions.
Other research interests are cell-cell communication in the AML microenviroment and proteomic method optimization.
- 2019. Proteomic profiling of primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells does not reflect their constitutive release of soluble mediators. Proteomes. 7: 1-10. doi: 10.3390/proteomes7010001
- 2019. The capacity of long-term in vitro proliferation of acute myeloid leukemia cells supported only by exogenous cytokines is associated with a patient subset with adverse outcome. Cancers. 11:73: 1-22. doi: 10.3390/cancers11010073
- 2019. High constitutive cytokine release by primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells is associated with a specific intercellular communication phenotype. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 8.
- 2018. Vacuolar ATPase as a possible therapeutic target in human acute myeloid leukemia. Expert Review of Hematology. 11: 13-24. doi: 10.1080/17474086.2018.1407239
- 2018. Two acute myeloid leukemia patient subsets are identified based on the constitutive PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling of their leukemic cells; a functional, proteomic and transcriptomic comparison. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 22: 639-653. doi: 10.1080/14728222.2018.1487401
- 2018. Preservation Method and Phosphate Buffered Saline Washing Affect the Acute Myeloid Leukemia Proteome. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 19: 1-11. doi: 10.3390/ijms19010296
- 2017. Rethinking the role of osteopontin in human acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia and Lymphoma. 58: 1494-1497. doi: 10.1080/10428194.2016.1243682
- 2017. Therapeutic targeting of leukemic stem cells in acute myeloid leukemia - the biological background for possible strategies. Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery. 12: 1053-1065. doi: 10.1080/17460441.2017.1356818
- 2017. Phosphoprotein DIGE profiles reflect blast differentiation, cytogenetic risk stratification, FLT3/NPM1 mutations and therapy response in acute myeloid leukaemia. Journal of Proteomics. 173: 32-41. doi: 10.1016/j.jprot.2017.11.014
- 2016. Mass spectrometry-based proteome quantification in leukemic cells from acute myeloid leukemia patients. Universitetet i Bergen.
Acute myeloid leukemia research