Ellen M Apalset
- Phone+47 55 58 85 24
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2019. High prevalence of vertebral fractures and low trabecular bone score in patients with fragility fractures: A cross-sectional sub-study of NoFRACT. Bone. 122: 14-21. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2019.02.008
- 2018. Effect of a Fracture Liaison Service on the Rate of Subsequent Fracture Among Patients With a Fragility Fracture in the Norwegian Capture the Fracture Initiative (NoFRACT): A Trial Protocol. JAMA Network Open. 1. 13 pages. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.5701
- 2018. Positive IgA against transglutaminase 2 in patients with distal radius and ankle fractures compared to community-based controls. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. 1-6. Published 2018-09-28. doi: 10.1080/00365521.2018.1509122
- 2018. The role of comorbidity on mortality after hipd fracture: A nationwide Norwegian study of 38,126 women with hip fracture matched to a general population comparison cohort. American Journal of Epidemiology. 188: 389-407. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwy251
- 2018. Total and lean fish intake is positively associated with bone mineral density in older women in the community-based Hordaland Health Study. European Journal of Nutrition. 1-11. doi: 10.1007/s00394-018-1665-6
- 2017. Positive predictive values of international classification of diseases, 10th revision codes for dermatologic events and hypersensitivity leading to hospitalization or emergency room visit among women with postmenopausal osteoporosis in the Danish and Swedish national patient registries. Clinical Epidemiology. 9: 179-184. doi: 10.2147/CLEP.S126370
- 2017. Lungefunksjon som risikofaktor for osteoporose og hoftebrudd. Best Practice.
- 2017. Positive predictive values of ICD-10 codes to identify incident acute pancreatitis and incident primary malignancy in the Scandinavian national patient registries among women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. Clinical Epidemiology. 9: 411-419. doi: 10.2147/CLEP.S139895
- 2016. A combination of low serum concentrations of vitamins K1 and D is associated with increased risk of hip fractures in elderly Norwegians: a NOREPOS study. Osteoporosis International. 27: 1645-1652. doi: 10.1007/s00198-015-3435-0
- 2016. Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. The Hordaland Health Study (HUSK) – 10 years follow-up of a general population. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. 3. 8 pages.
- 2016. Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- 2015. Low serum vitamin K1 increases the risk of hip fractures only at low vitamin D status. A NOREPOS study. European Geriatric Medicine. 6: S17-S17.
- 2015. Plasma dimethylglycine, nicotine exposure and risk of low bone mineral density and hip fracture: the Hordaland Health Study. Osteoporosis International. 26: 1573-1583. Published 2015-01-24. doi: 10.1007/s00198-015-3030-4
- 2014. Interferon (IFN)-γ-mediated inflammation and the kynurenine pathway in relation to bone mineral density: The Hordaland Health Study. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 176: 452-460. doi: 10.1111/cei.12288
- 2014. Interferon gamma (IFN-γ)-mediated inflammation and the kynurenine pathway in relation to risk of hip fractures: The Hordaland Health Study. Osteoporosis International. 25: 2067-2075. doi: 10.1007/s00198-014-2720-7
- 2014. Procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (P1NP) and risk of hip fractures in elderly Norwegian men and women. A NOREPOS study. Bone. 64: 1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2014.03.010
- 2014. Celiac disease and risk of fracture in adults-a review. Osteoporosis International. 25: 1667-1676. doi: 10.1007/s00198-014-2683-8
- 2014. Low serum concentrations of alpha-tocopherol are associated with increased risk of hip fracture. A NOREPOS study. Osteoporosis International. 25: 2545-2554. doi: 10.1007/s00198-014-2802-6
- 2014. Smoking and body fat mass in relation to bone mineral density and hip fracture: The Hordaland Health Study. PLoS ONE. 9. 9 pages. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0092882
- 2014. Plasma choline, nicotine exposure, and risk of low bone mineral density and hip fracture: the Hordaland Health Study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 29: 242-250. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.2025
- 2013. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and the vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism apa1 influence bone mineral density in primary hyperparathyroidism. PLoS ONE. 8. 8 pages. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0056019
- 2013. Low serum concentration of vitamin E is associated with increased risk of hip fracture in the elderly. A NOREPOS case-cohort study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 28: S63.
- 2013. Low serum concentrations of vitamin E are associated with increased risk of hip fracture in older Norwegians. A NOREPOS study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. 23: 21.
- 2011. Intake of vitamin K1 and K2 and risk of hip fractures: The Hordaland Health Study. Bone. 49: 990-995. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2011.07.035
- 2011. IS VITAMIN D INADEQUACY ASSOCIATED WITH LOW-ENERGY DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES? A CASE-CONTROL STUDY. Osteoporosis International. 22: 270-270.
- 2011. Vitamin D inadequacy is associated with low-energy distal radius fractures: A case-control study. Bone. 48: 1140-1145. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2011.01.021
- 2010. Dietary vitamins K1, K2 and bone mineral density; The Hordaland Health Study. Archives of Osteoporosis. 5: 73-81.
- 2010. INTAKE OF VITAMIN K1 AND K2 AS PREDICTORS OF HIP FRACTURE IN WOMEN AND MEN: THE HORDALAND HEALTH STUDY. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. 39: 20-20.
- 2010. Evidence-based" or "logic-based" medicine?: response to Blank et al. Osteoporosis International. 21: 1685-1686. doi: 10.1007/s00198-010-1257-7
- 2010. Low-energy distal radius fractures in middle-aged and elderly men and women-the burden of osteoporosis and fracture risk. Osteoporosis International. 21: 1257-1267. doi: 10.1007/s00198-009-1068-x
Reports and theses
- 2014. Vitamin K and inflammation in relation to bone mineral density and hip fractures. University of Bergen.