Ellen Margrete Apalset
- Phone+47 55 58 85 24
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2020. No association between osteoporosis and AO classification of distal radius fractures: an observational study of 289 patients. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 1-5.
- 2020. Initiation of anti-osteoporotic drugs in high-risk female patients starting glucocorticoid treatment: a population study in Norway. Archives of Osteoporosis. 1-13.
- 2020. Individual variation in adaptive immune responses and risk of hip fracture - A NOREPOS population-based cohort study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 1-8.
- 2019. Vitamin B-6 Status Correlates with Disease Activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients During Treatment with TNFα Inhibitors. Journal of Nutrition. 770-775.
- 2019. Post-Fracture Risk Assessment: Target The Centrally Sited Fractures First! A Substudy of NoFRACT. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2036-2044.
- 2019. Monitoring children and adolescents with severe obesity: body mass index (BMI), BMI z-score or percentage above the International Obesity Task Force overweight cut-off? Acta Paediatrica. 2261-2266.
- 2019. High prevalence of vertebral fractures and low trabecular bone score in patients with fragility fractures: A cross-sectional sub-study of NoFRACT. Bone. 14-21.
- 2019. Determinants of trabecular bone score and prevalent vertebral fractures in women with fragility fractures: a cross-sectional sub-study of NoFRACT. Osteoporosis International. 505-514.
- 2018. Total and lean fish intake is positively associated with bone mineral density in older women in the community-based Hordaland Health Study. European Journal of Nutrition. 1-11.
- 2018. The role of comorbidity on mortality after hipd fracture: A nationwide Norwegian study of 38,126 women with hip fracture matched to a general population comparison cohort. . American Journal of Epidemiology. 389-407.
- 2018. The role of comorbidity on mortality after hipd fracture: A nationwide Norwegian study of 38,126 women with hip fracture matched to a general population comparison cohort. American Journal of Epidemiology. 389-407.
- 2018. Positive IgA against transglutaminase 2 in patients with distal radius and ankle fractures compared to community-based controls. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. 1-6.
- 2018. Effect of a Fracture Liaison Service on the Rate of Subsequent Fracture Among Patients With a Fragility Fracture in the Norwegian Capture the Fracture Initiative (NoFRACT): A Trial Protocol. JAMA Network Open. 13 pages.
- 2017. Positive predictive values of international classification of diseases, 10th revision codes for dermatologic events and hypersensitivity leading to hospitalization or emergency room visit among women with postmenopausal osteoporosis in the Danish and Swedish national patient registries. Clinical Epidemiology. 179-184.
- 2017. Positive predictive values of ICD-10 codes to identify incident acute pancreatitis and incident primary malignancy in the Scandinavian national patient registries among women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. Clinical Epidemiology. 411-419.
- 2017. Lungefunksjon som risikofaktor for osteoporose og hoftebrudd. Best Practice.
- 2016. Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. The Hordaland Health Study (HUSK) – 10 years follow-up of a general population. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. 8 pages.
- 2016. Airflow limitation as a risk factor for low bone mineral density and hip fracture. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- 2016. A combination of low serum concentrations of vitamins K1 and D is associated with increased risk of hip fractures in elderly Norwegians: a NOREPOS study. Osteoporosis International. 1645-1652.
- 2015. Plasma dimethylglycine, nicotine exposure and risk of low bone mineral density and hip fracture: the Hordaland Health Study. Osteoporosis International. 1573-1583.
- 2014. Smoking and body fat mass in relation to bone mineral density and hip fracture: The Hordaland Health Study. PLOS ONE. 9 pages.
- 2014. Procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (P1NP) and risk of hip fractures in elderly Norwegian men and women. A NOREPOS study. Bone. 1-7.
- 2014. Plasma choline, nicotine exposure, and risk of low bone mineral density and hip fracture: the Hordaland Health Study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 242-250.
- 2014. Low serum concentrations of alpha-tocopherol are associated with increased risk of hip fracture. A NOREPOS study. Osteoporosis International. 2545-2554.
- 2014. Interferon gamma (IFN-γ)-mediated inflammation and the kynurenine pathway in relation to risk of hip fractures: The Hordaland Health Study. Osteoporosis International. 2067-2075.
- 2014. Interferon (IFN)-γ-mediated inflammation and the kynurenine pathway in relation to bone mineral density: The Hordaland Health Study. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 452-460.
- 2013. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and the vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism apa1 influence bone mineral density in primary hyperparathyroidism. PLOS ONE. 8 pages.
- 2011. Vitamin D inadequacy is associated with low-energy distal radius fractures: A case-control study. Bone. 1140-1145.
- 2011. Intake of vitamin K1 and K2 and risk of hip fractures: The Hordaland Health Study. Bone. 990-995.
- 2010. Low-energy distal radius fractures in middle-aged and elderly men and women-the burden of osteoporosis and fracture risk. Osteoporosis International. 1257-1267.
- 2010. Dietary vitamins K1, K2 and bone mineral density; The Hordaland Health Study. Archives of Osteoporosis. 73-81.
- 2016. Osteoporosis and Celiac disease in Patients with Distal Radius and Ankle Fractures.
- 2014. CELIAC DISEASE AND POSITIVE IGA TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IN PATIENTS WITH DISTAL RADIUS OR ANKLE FRACTURE: INTERIM ANALYSIS.
- 2013. Serum Levels of Procollagen type 1 Amino-terminal Propeptide and Risk of Hip Fracture in Elderly Men. Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies (NOREPOS).
Reader opinion piece
- 2010. Evidence-based" or "logic-based" medicine?: response to Blank et al. Osteoporosis International. 1685-1686.
- 2014. Vitamin K and inflammation in relation to bone mineral density and hip fractures.
- 2019. Individual variation in adaptive immune responses and risk of hip fracture – A NOREPOS population-based cohort study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 247-247.
- 2015. Low serum vitamin K1 increases the risk of hip fractures only at low vitamin D status. A NOREPOS study. European Geriatric Medicine. S17-S17.
- 2013. Low serum concentrations of vitamin E are associated with increased risk of hip fracture in older Norwegians. A NOREPOS study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. 21.
- 2013. Low serum concentration of vitamin E is associated with increased risk of hip fracture in the elderly. A NOREPOS case-cohort study. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. S63.
- 2011. IS VITAMIN D INADEQUACY ASSOCIATED WITH LOW-ENERGY DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES? A CASE-CONTROL STUDY. Osteoporosis International. 270-270.
- 2010. INTAKE OF VITAMIN K1 AND K2 AS PREDICTORS OF HIP FRACTURE IN WOMEN AND MEN: THE HORDALAND HEALTH STUDY. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. 20-20.
- 2019. Individuals with Central Fractures have More Prevalent Vertebral Fractures, Lower Trabecular Bone Score and Lower BMD than Individuals with Peripheral Fractures: a Sub-study of NoFRACT .
- 2019. Determinants of Trabecular Bone Score and Vertebral Fracture Status in Women With Fragility Fractures: A Cross-sectional Sub-study of NoFRACT .
- 2019. Association between severity of ankle fracture, BMI and osteoporosis.
- 2017. Celiac disease and positive IgA tissue transglutaminase in patients with distal radius and ankle fracture: a case-control study.
Academic literature review
- 2014. Celiac disease and risk of fracture in adults-a review. Osteoporosis International. 1667-1676.