- Precipitation in Ethiopia
- Precipitation in the Indian monsoon region
- Moisture transport analysis with the Lagrangian trajectory model FLEXPART
- Snow in the Himalayas
This contains only articles in English, for a complete list, see my Norwegian page.
Ellen Viste (2015): Chasing the strongest winds.
This contains only talks in English, for a complete list, see my Norwegian page.
The weather in Bergen: Could it be worse?
Presentation for the INN Club at the Bergen Chamber of Commerce and Industry, February 2016.
The weather in Bergen: How bad is it really?
Event for international students and employees at the UiB, September 2015.
Content: Why does it rain, why does it rain som much in Norway, how does this compare to other places in the world, and does the year 2015 differ from previous years? And some words about the author Ludvig Holberg's vies of the rain in Bergent.
At the multidisciplinary symposium The Rising Ocean: The Pacific Islands and Global Climate Change, May 2015, a multidisciplinary symposium in connection with the dance performance Moana: The Rising of the Sea, May 2015.
Content: Precipitation in the Pacific, using William Somerset Maughams' short-story Rain as a frame.
S. Gleixner, N. Keenlyside, E. Viste and D. Korecha (2016): The El Niño effect on Ethiopian rainfall. Climate Dynamics, doi:10.1007/s00382-016-3421-z.
M.d.S. Mesquita, V. Veldore, L. Li, R. Krishnan, Y. Orsolini, R. Senan, M.V.S. Ramarao and E. Viste (2016): Forecasting India's water future. Eos, 97, doi:10.1029/2016EO049099.
E. Viste, D. Korecha and A. Sorteberg (2012): Recent drought and precipitation tendencies in Ethiopia. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI: 10.1007/s00704-012-0746-3.
E. Viste and A. Sorteberg (2012): The effect of moisture transport variability on Ethiopian summer precipitation. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3566.
E. Viste and A. Sorteberg (2011): Moisture transport into the Ethiopian highlands. International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3409.
E. Viste (2012): Moisture transport and precipitation in Ethiopia. PhD thesis, University of Bergen.
E. Viste (1998): Nedbørfordeling og akkumulasjon på Brøggerhalvøya, Spitsbergen (Distribution and accumulation of precipitation on Brøggerhalvøya, Spitsbergen; in Norwegian). MSc thesis, University of Bergen and the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS).
- 2012: PhD in meteorology, University of Bergen, with the thesis Moisture transport and precipitation in Ethiopia.
- 1998: MSc in meteorology, University of Bergen and the University Center on Svalbard (UNIS), with the thesis Precipitation and accumulation on Brøggerhalvøya, Spitsbergen (in Norw.)
- 2017-present: Adviser, Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research.
- 2015-2016: Researcher, Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen.
- 2012-2015: Postdoc, Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen.
- 2011-2012: Researcher, Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen.
- 2007-2011: PhD candidate, Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen.
- 1999-2007: Meteorologist and business developer, Storm Weather Center (now StormGeo).
I have been writing leisurely about weather and climate for 20 years. See Formidling (in Norwegian) for a full overview of completed popular science projects.