- 2019. The influence of substance use on the effectiveness of antipsychotic medication: a prospective, pragmatic study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. 281-287.
- 2019. Psychosocial characteristics differentiate non-distressing and distressing voices in 10,346 adolescents. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1353-1363.
- 2019. Predictors of treatment satisfaction in antipsychotic-naive and previously medicated patients with acute-phase psychosis. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. 349-356.
- 2019. Peer involvement and cross-sector efforts in establishing integrated treatment of hepatitis C virus infection for people with substance use disorders: experiences from Norway. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 1-7.
- 2019. Intra-Regional Glu-GABA vs Inter-Regional Glu-Glu Imbalance: A 1H-MRS Study of the Neurochemistry of Auditory Verbal Hallucinations in Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin.
- 2019. Integrated treatment of hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial (INTRO-HCV). BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-9.
- 2019. Cognitive profile in ultra high risk for psychosis and schizophrenia: A comparison using coordinated norms. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 1-11.
- 2019. "Needing different things from different people" - a qualitative exploration of recovery in firstepisode psychosis. Social Work in Mental Health. 75-95.
- 2018. Trajectories of depressive symptoms in the acute phase of psychosis: Implications for treatment. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 219-228.
- 2018. Childhood trauma in schizophrenia spectrum disorders as compared to substance abuse disorders. Psychiatry Research. 481-487.
- 2018. Associations between C-reactive protein levels and cognition during the first 6 months after acute psychosis. Acta Neuropsychiatrica. 1-10.
- 2017. The positive link between executive function and lifetime cannabis use in schizophrenia is not explained by current levels of superior social cognition. Psychiatry Research. 92-98.
- 2017. The Beliefs about Voices Questionnaire - Revised: A factor structure from 450 participants. Psychiatry Research. 95-103.
- 2016. The serum level of C-reactive protein (CRP) is associated with cognitive performance in acute phase psychosis. BMC Psychiatry.
- 2016. The course of neurocognitive changes in acute psychosis: Relation to symptomatic improvement. PLOS ONE. 13 pages.
- 2016. Reseksjon for oesophaguscancer - komplikasjoner og overlevelse. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 809-813.
- 2016. Premorbid cannabis use is associated with more symptoms and poorer functioning in schizophrenia spectrum disorder. Psychological Medicine. 3127-3136.
- 2016. Patient satisfaction after acute admission for psychosis. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. 321-328.
- 2016. Influence of different second generation antipsychotics on the QTC interval: A pragmatic study. World Journal of Psychiatry (WJP). 442-448.
- 2016. Childhood trauma in schizophrenia spectrum disorder as compared to other mental health disorders. Psychosis. 48-56.
- 2016. Childhood trauma in schizophrenia spectrum disorder as compared to other mental health Disorders. Psychosis.
- 2016. Cannabis use is associated with 3 years earlier onset of schizophrenia spectrum disorder in a naturalistic, multi-site sample (N = 1119). Schizophrenia Research. 217-221.
- 2015. Suicidality in schizophrenia spectrum disorders: The relationship to hallucinations and persecutory delusions. European psychiatry. 830-836.
- 2015. Prevalence of auditory hallucinations in Norwegian adolescents: Results from a population-based study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 391-396.
- 2015. Glutamate as a mediating transmitter for auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia: A 1H MRS study. . Schizophrenia Research. 252-260.
- 2015. Auditory verbal hallucinations reflect stable auditory attention deficits: A prospective study. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 81-94.
- 2014. Impact of glutamate levels on neuronal response and cognitive abilities in schizophrenia. NeuroImage: Clinical. 576-584.
- 2014. Failure of attention focus and cognitive control in schizophrenia patients with auditory verbal hallucinations: Evidence from dichotic listening. Schizophrenia Research. 301-309.
- 2014. Do auditory verbal hallucinations in the acute phase of psychosis reflect stable cognitive impairments seen also in a more stabilised clinical phase? Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 81-94.
- 2014. Cognitive changes in patients with acute phase psychosis - Effects of illicit drug use. Psychiatry Research. 818-824.
- 2013. The role of the primary auditory cortex in the neural mechanism of auditory verbal hallucinations. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 13 pages.
- 2013. QTc prolongation in patients acutely admitted to hospital for psychosis and treated with second generation antipsychotics. Schizophrenia Research and Treatment.
- 2013. Prospective and concurrent correlates of emotion perception in psychotic disorders: a naturalistic, longitudinal study of neurocognition. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 261-266.
- 2013. Prospective and concurrent correlates of emotion perception in psychotic disorders: A naturalistic, longitudinal study of neurocognition, affective blunting and avolition. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 261-266.
- 2013. Neurocognitive effectiveness of quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and ziprasidone: A pragmatic, randomized trial. European psychiatry. 174-184.
- 2013. Hallucinations in acutely admitted patients with psychosis, and effectiveness of risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, and ziprasidone: a pragmatic, randomized study. BMC Psychiatry.
- 2013. Dichotic listening, executive functions and grey matter cortical volume in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 443-450.
- 2012. Psykose hos unge: Gjenkjenning og behandling. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 555-559.
- 2012. Patients with schizophrenia fail to up-regulate task-positive and down-regulate task-negative brain networks: An fMRI study using an ICA analysis approach. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- 2012. Auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia as aberrant lateralized speech perception: Evidence from dichotic listening. Schizophrenia Research. 59-64.
- 2012. An fMRI study of neuronal activation in schizophrenia patients with and without previous cannabis use. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- 2012. Amphetamine-induced psychosis - a separate diagnostic entity or primary psychosis triggered in the vulnerable? BMC Psychiatry.
- 2011. Sexual dysfunction and hyperprolactinemia in male psychotic in-patients: a cross-sectional study. Advances in Urology. 686924.
- 2011. Neurocognitive effectiveness of quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and ziprasidone: a pragmatic, randomized trial. European psychiatry.
- 2011. Cardiovascular risk in patients admitted for psychosis compared with findings from a population-based study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. 192-202.
- 2011. Anti-depressive effectiveness of olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone and ziprasidone: a pragmatic, randomized trial. BMC Psychiatry. 10 pages.
- 2010. Fra biologisk forskning til klinisk praksis nytt om cannabis og schizofreni. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 415-420.
- 2009. Left temporal lobe structural and functional abnormality underlying auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 34-45.
- 2009. Cannabis use and cognition in schizophrenia. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- 2006. Positive symptoms and duration of illness predict functional laterality and attention modulation in schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. 322-331.
- 2004. Dichotic listening in schizophrenic patients: effects of previous vs. ongoing auditory hallucinations. Psychiatry Research. 167-174.
- 2002. Functional brain asymmetry and attentional modulation in young and stabilised schizophrenic patients: A dichotic listening study. Psychiatry Research.
- 1999. Hemispheric asymmetry in schizophrenia: A «dual deficits» model. Biological Psychiatry.
- 2013. Utredning, behandling og oppfølging av personer med psykoselidelser. .
- 2016. Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders as Compared to Other Mental Health Disorders.
- 2016. An Investigation of the Potential Specificity of Childhood Maltreatment Trauma in Patients With Non-Affective Psychosis as Compared to Other Mental Health Disorders.
- 2004. Positive symptoms, duration of illness and medication predict dichotic listening performance in 129 scizophrenic patients.
- 2004. Left temporal lobe contribution to hallucinations in schizophrenia: A dichotic listening study.
- 1997. De nye nordiske kriterier for klassifikasjon av SIDS Reevaluering av plutselig uventet spedbarnsdød i de nordiske land 1970-95.
Reader opinion piece
- 2013. Ny retningslinje for utredning, behandling og oppfølging av personer med psykoselidelser :. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 1218-1219.
- 2011. Hjerneforskningen har klinisk nytteverdi. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 696-697.
- 2011. Den pragmatiske nytten av hjerneforskning :. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 919-920.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2014. Childhood Maltreatment Trauma in Patients with Non-affective Psychosis as Compared to Patients Suffering from Other Mental Health Disorders.
Popular scientific article
- 2011. Når cannabis gir psykose. Hubro. Magasin for Universitetet i Bergen.
- 2011. Nyere nevrobiologisk tenkning: Implikasjoner for psykoterapi ved psykoser. Dialog.
- 2011. Kan kunnskap om hjernen ved psykose ha klinisk nytteverdi? Bestpractice : dialog mellom leger.
- 2003. Hva vet vi om schizofreni? Bergens Tidende.
- 2016. Cannabis use in non-affective psychoses: Relationship to age at onset, cognitive functioning and social cognition.
- 2004. Functional laterality and attention modulation in schizophrenia: Effects of clinical variables.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2012. Scizofreni og andre ikke-affektive psykoser. 20 pages.
- 2014. C-reactive protein levels are inversely associated with neurocognitive performance in acutely admitted patients with psychosis. Schizophrenia Research. 131.
- 2013. Cognitive changes in non-affective psychosis the first 4-6 weeks after admission to a psychiatric acute ward: effects of substance use. Schizophrenia Research.
- 2012. Neurocognitive functions recover from acute phase to three month-follow up in patients with non-affective psychotic disorders. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society.
- 2012. Clinical differences in acute-phase non-affective psychotic disorders with and without substance use. Schizophrenia Research.
- 2011. CANNABIS USE AND BRAIN FUNCTIONING IN SCHIZOPHRENIA: AN FMRI STUDY. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 144-145.
- 2010. Left temporal dysfunction, attention control deficit and auditory hallucinations: An fMRI study. Schizophrenia Research. 352.
- 2010. CANNABIS USE AND COGNITION IN SCHIZOPHRENIA: A LITERATURE REVIEW. Schizophrenia Research. 191-191.
- 2009. Fra biologisk forskning til klinisk praksis: Nytt om cannabis og schizofreni. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening.
- 2006. Left hemisphere contribution to hallucinations in schizophrenia: A dichotic listening study. Schizophrenia Research. 27-27.
- 2004. Positive symptoms, duration of illness and medication predict dichotic listening performance in 129 schizophrenic patients. Schizophrenia Research. 85-85.
- 2018. Longitudinal relationship to cognitive function in acute phase of psychosis in a pragmatic, randomized trial.
- 2017. The influence of 3 weeks of antipsychotic treatment on cell adhesion molecules in drug naive patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorder .
- 2017. The C-reactive protein in schizophrenia-spectrum disorders: relationship to cognitive function in acute phase of psychosis with a longitudinal perspective in a pragmatic, randomized trial .
- 2015. Aberrant association between glutamate and salience network functional connectivity in schizophrenia.
- 2012. N-acetyl aspartate and glutamate levels of the anterior cingulate predict symptoms severity in schizophrenia: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) study.
- 2012. Anterior cingulate biochemistry predicts symptom severity in schizophrenia: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) study.
- 2010. Reduced striatal activation in schizophrenia to a cognitive control task – Dysfunction of dopaminergic regulation?
- 2009. Significant relationship between left temporal lobe functional impairment and positive symptoms in schizophrenia.
- 2009. Differential effects of four second-generation antipsychotics on cognition in acute psychosis.
Academic literature review
- 2019. Integrated care of severe infectious diseases to people with substance use disorders; a systematic review. 1-15.
- 2014. The cannabis pathway to non-affective psychosis may reflect less neurobiological vulnerability.
- 2014. Neurobiology of cognitive remediation therapy for schizophrenia: a systematic review.
- 2014. A critical review of pro-cognitive drug targets in psychosis: convergence on myelination and inflammation.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2010. Cannabis og kognisjon ved schizofreni. BestPractice. 24-26.
- 2016. Psykoselidelser. 104-121. In:
- 2016. Psykiske lidelser. Gyldendal Akademisk.