- (2022). Fully Automatic Whole-Volume Tumor Segmentation in Cervical Cancer. Cancers. 16 pages.
- (2021). Well-posedness and discretization for a class of models for mixed-dimensional problems with high-dimensional gap. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics. 2218-2245.
- (2021). Automated segmentation of endometrial cancer on MR images using deep learning. Scientific Reports.
- (2021). A radiogenomics application for prognostic profiling of endometrial cancer. Communications Biology. 12 pages.
- (2020). Whole-volume tumor MRI radiomics for prognostic modeling in endometrial cancer. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 1-10.
- (2020). The association of PTSD symptom severity with amygdala nuclei volumes in traumatized youths. Translational Psychiatry. 1-10.
- (2020). RadEx: Integrated visual exploration of multiparametric studies for radiomic tumor profiling. Computer Graphics Forum. 611-622.
- (2019). Mathematics and Medicine: How mathematics, modelling and simulations can lead to better diagnosis and treatments . Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering. 66-82.
- (2019). Effect of temperature and concentration of impurities in the fluid stream on CO2 migration in the Utsira formation . International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. 20-28.
- (2019). A new framework for assessing subject-specific whole brain circulation and perfusion using MRI-based measurements and a multi-scale continuous flow model. PLoS Computational Biology. 1-31.
- (2018). In vivo detection of chronic kidney disease using tissue deformation fields from dynamic MR imaging. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 1779-1790.
- (2018). Estimating the discretization dependent accuracy of perfusion in coupled capillary flow measurements. PLOS ONE. 1-16.
- (2017). Workflow sensitivity of post-processing methods in renal DCE-MRI. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 60-68.
- (2017). Semi-automatic 3D morphological reconstruction of neurons with densely branching morphology: Application to retinal AII amacrine cells imaged with multi-photon excitation microscopy. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 101-118.
- (2016). Quantifcation of single-kidney function and volume in living kidney donors using dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. American Journal of Roentgenology. 1022-1030.
- (2016). Physical models for simulation and reconstruction of human tissue deformation fields in dynamic MRI. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 2200-2210.
- (2016). PDE Based Algorithms for Smooth Watersheds. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 957-966.
- (2016). Graxels: Information Rich Primitives for the Visualization of Time-Dependent Spatial Data. Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biomedicine. 183-192.
- (2016). Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI measurement of renal function in healthy participants. Acta Radiologica. 748-757.
- (2016). A practical guideline for T<sub>1</sub> reconstruction from various flip angles in MRI. Journal of Algorithms and Computational Technology. 213-223.
- (2015). Use of 3D DCE-MRI for the estimation of renal perfusion and glomerular filtration rate: An intrasubject comparison of FLASH and KWIC with a comprehensive framework for evaluation. American Journal of Roentgenology. W273-W281.
- (2015). Novel microscopy-based screening method reveals regulators of contact-dependent intercellular transfer. Scientific Reports.
- (2015). Melanoma brain metastasis is independent of lactate dehydrogenase A expression. Neuro-Oncology. 1374-1385.
- (2015). Intercellular transfer of transferrin receptor by a contact-, Rab8-dependent mechanism involving tunneling nanotubes. The FASEB Journal. 4695-4712.
- (2015). Fractional anisotropy shows differential reduction in frontal-subcortical fiber bundles - A longitudinal MRI study of 76 middle-aged and older adults. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience.
- (2014). Segmentation-driven image registration-application to 4D DCE-MRI recordings of the moving kidneys. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2392-2404.
- (2014). Quantitative lung ventilation using Fourier decomposition MRI; comparison and initial study. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. 467-476.
- (2014). Normalized gradient fields for nonlinear motion correction of DCE-MRI time series. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. 202-210.
- (2014). Normalized gradient fields and mutual information for motion correction of DCE-MRI images. Image and Signal Processing and Analysis. 202-210.
- (2014). Interactive visual analysis of heterogeneous cohort-study data. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications. 70-82.
- (2014). Flow cytometry-based functional selection of RNA interference triggers for efficient epi-allelic analysis of therapeutic targets. BMC Biotechnology.
- (2013). White matter fiber tracking directed by interpolating splines and a methodological framework for evaluation. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics.
- (2013). Registration of FA and T1-weighted MRI data of healthy human brain based on template matching and normalized cross-correlation. Journal of digital imaging. 774-785.
- (2013). Rab3D is critical for secretory granule maturation in PC12 cells. PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- (2013). CellSegm - a software tool for high-throughput 3D cell segmentation. Source Code for Biology and Medicine.
- (2013). CellSegm - a MATLAB toolbox for high-throughput 3D cell segmentation. Source Code for Biology and Medicine.
- (2013). Automated tracking of nanoparticle-labeled melanoma cells improves the predictive power of a brain metastasis model. Cancer Research. 2445-2456.
- (2012). Partitioning and Exocytosis of Secretory Granules during Division of PC12 Cells. International Journal of Cell Biology.
- (2012). Episodic memory of APOE epsilon 4 carriers is correlated with fractional anisotropy, but not cortical thickness, in the medial temporal lobe. NeuroImage. 507-516.
- (2012). Automated approaches for analysis of multimodal MRI acquisitions in a study of cognitive aging. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 328-341.
- (2011). In vivo estimation of glomerular filtration in the kidney using DCE-MRI. Image and Signal Processing and Analysis. 755-61.
- (2011). Cortico-striatal connectivity and cognition in normal aging: a combined DTI and resting state fMRI study. NeuroImage.
- (2011). Cortico-striatal connectivity and cognition in normal aging: A combined DTI and resting state fMRI study. NeuroImage. 24-31.
- (2010). Semi-automated segmentation of the sigmoid and descending colon for radiotherapy planning using the Fast-Marching method. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 5569-5584.
- (2010). Distinct roles of myosin Va in membrane remodeling and exocytosis of secretory granules. Traffic : the International Journal of Intracellular Transport. 637-650.
- (2009). Selective block of tunneling nanotube (TNT) formation inhibits intercellular organelle transfer between PC12 cells. FEBS Letters. 1481-1488.
- (2009). In thrombin stimulated human platelets Citalopram, Promethazine, Risperidone, and Ziprasidone, but not Diazepam, may exert their pharmacological effects also through intercalation in membrane phospholipids in a receptor-independent manner. Journal of chemical biology. 89-103.
- (2009). Four-color theorem and level set methods for watershed segmentation. International Journal of Computer Vision. 264-283.
- (2009). A unified framework for automated 3-D segmentation of surface-stained living cells and a comprehensive segmentation evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 720-738.
- (2008). Tunneling nanotube (TNT)-like structures facilitate a constitutive, actomyosin-dependent exchange of endocytic organelles between normal rat kidney cells. Experimental Cell Research. 3669-3683.
- (2008). Psychotropic drugs interfere with the tight coupling of polyphosphoinositide cycle metabolites in human platelets: a result of receptor-independent drug intercalation in the plasma membrane? Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Biomembranes. 2165-2176.
- (2008). Four-color theorem and level-set methods for watershed segmentation. International Journal of Computer Vision. 1-20.
- (2007). A simple method to calculate the accessible volume of protein-bound ligands: Application for ligand selectivity. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 429-433.
- (2006). Epac1 and cAMP-dependent protein kinase holoenzyme have similar cAMP affinity, but their cAMP domains have distinct structural features and cyclic nucleotide recognition. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 21500-21511.
- (2006). Automated detection of tunneling nanotubes in 3D images. Cytometry. 961-972.
- (2015). QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF CONTACTDEPENDENT CELL-TO-CELL TRANSFER AND DISEASE TRANSMISSION. .
- (2020). A scale-independent framework for whole brain simulation of blood flow in the human brain.
- (2018). Segmentation of vascular trees for whole brain flow simulations.
- (2018). Multi-Darcy flow model for whole brain simulation.
- (2018). Coupling of 1D flow with 3D flow in a human brain flow model.
- (2018). A multi-scale flow model for simulation of whole brain circulation and perfusion using MRI-based measurements.
- (2017). Modelling of brain perfusion.
- (2017). A new framework for assessing subject-specific whole brain circulation and perfusion using MRI-based measurements and a multi-scale continuous flow model.
- (2020). Nye metoder for distribuert og data-drevet simulering av blodstrøm i hjernen.
- (2018). Data assimilation for a multi-compartment model for blood flow in the brain - a progress report.
- (2018). Data assimilation for a multi-compartment model for blood flow in the brain.
- (2018). A combined model for mathematical modelling of brain perfusion in large vessels and brain tissue.
- (2015). Reproducibility and agreement in quantification of renal function using 1.5-T DCE-MRI.
- (2013). Normalized gradient fields and mutual information for motion correction of DCE-MRI images.
- (2011). In vivo estimation of glomerular filtration in the kidney using DCE-MRI.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (2003). Segmentation of Digital Images.
- (2011). Optimalisering av dose og bildekvalitet ved rtg thorax av barn.
Popular scientific article
- (2015). Nå kan gasslekkasjene sjekkes fra land. Bergens Tidende. 16-17.
- (2008). Biomedical image processing in the study of living cells.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2010). Automated workflow for spatial alignment of multimodal MR image acquisitions in a longitudinal study of cognitive aging. 6 pages.
- (2013). Evaluation of the conformity of renal functional parameters and image quality in different 1.5 MRI techniques for dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI and diffusion-weighted MRI (DWI). Acta Radiologica. 16-16.
- (2013). Combined motion correction and segmentation of DCE-MRI kidney data. Acta Radiologica. 7-8.
- (2020). Perfusion estimation using simulated contrast enhanced imaging data and porous media flow modeling.
- (2019). Effects of Image Registration in Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI of the TMJ .
- (2018). Research Agenda of the Mohn Medical Imaging and Visualization Centre in Bergen, Norway.
- (2014). Registration of multiparametric MRI and whole-mount sections of the prostate.
- (2014). Registration of multiparametric MRI and whole-Mount sections prostate.
- (2014). Quantification of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) using a modelbased MR renography technique provides good agreement with IohexolGFR and eGFR in 20 healthy subjects. .
- (2014). Poroelastic regularization of image registration.
- (2014). 3D dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MR renography; Evaluation of image quality and estimation of GFR comparing Kwic and Flash sequences.
- (2011). White matter integrity changes in healthy aging – a longitudinal multimodal magnetic resosnas imaging study.
- (2011). White matter integrity changes in frontally projecting fibers –A MRI study of healthy aging.
- (2011). White matter integrity changes in frontally projecting fibers –A MRI study of healthy aging.
- (2011). Normalized gradient fields for multimodal image registration between DT-MRI and 3D T1-weighted MRI.
- (2011). Frontally projecting fibers in healthy aging, A three wave longitudinal study.
- (2010). Brain morphometry and white matter integrity changes in prefrotnal cortex during aging - repeated mulitmodal MRI imaging in 109 healthy subjects.