- 2019. Seasonal food insecurity in Haydom, Tanzania, Is associated with low birthweight and acute malnutrition: Results from the MAL-ED study. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 681-687.
- 2019. Frequent refresher training on newborn resuscitation and potential impact on perinatal outcome over time in a rural Tanzanian hospital: An observational study. BMJ Open. 1-10.
- 2019. Effects of Child and Maternal Histo-Blood Group Antigen Status on Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Enteric Infections in Early Childhood. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 151-162.
- 2019. Early life child micronutrient status, maternal reasoning, and a nurturing household environment have persistent influences on child cognitive development at age 5 years: Results from MAL-ED. Journal of Nutrition. 1460-1469.
- 2018. Using statistical process control methods to trace small changes in perinatal mortality after a training program in a low-resource setting. International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 271-275.
- 2018. Seasonality and within-subject clustering of rotavirus infections in an eight-site birth cohort study. Epidemiology and Infection. 688-697.
- 2018. Long working hours are inversely related to sick leave in the following 3 months: a 4-year registry study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10 pages.
- 2018. Exposure to aflatoxin and fumonisin in children at risk for growth impairment in rural Tanzania. Environment International. 29-37.
- 2018. Evaluating meteorological data from weather stations, and from satellites and global models for a multi-site epidemiological study. Environmental Research. 91-109.
- 2018. Early childhood growth and cognitive outcomes: Findings from the MAL-ED study. Maternal and Child Nutrition.
- 2018. Early childhood cognitive development is affected by interactions among illness, diet, enteropathogens and the home environment: Findings from the MAL-ED birth cohort study. BMJ Global Health. 1-11.
- 2018. Early Life Interventions for Childhood Growth and Development in Tanzania (ELICIT): A protocol for a randomised factorial, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of azithromycin, nitazoxanide and nicotinamide. BMJ Open.
- 2018. Does early vitamin B12 supplementation improve neurodevelopment and cognitive function in childhood and into school age: a study protocol for extended follow-ups from randomised controlled trials in India and Tanzania. BMJ Open. 1-9.
- 2018. Determinants of early child development in rural Tanzania. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). 1-8.
- 2018. Associations of land, cattle and food security with infant feeding practices among a rural population living in Manyara, Tanzania. BMC Public Health. 1-9.
- 2018. Assessing development across cultures: Invariance of the Bayley-III scales across seven international MAL-ED sites. School psychology quarterly. 604-614.
- 2018. Approach temperament across cultures: Validity of the Infant Temperament Scale in MAL-ED. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology. 266-278.
- 2017. Use of antibiotics in children younger than two years in eight countries: A prospective cohort study. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 49-61.
- 2017. Rotavirus infection and disease in a multisite birth cohort: Results from the MAL-ED study. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 305-316.
- 2017. Measuring home environments across cultures: Invariance of the HOME scale across eight international sites from the MAL-ED study. Journal of School Psychology. 109-127.
- 2017. Early antibiotic exposure in low-resource settings is associated with increased weight in the first two years of life. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN. 350-356.
- 2017. Determinants and impact of Giardia infection in the first 2 years of life in the MAL-ED birth cohort. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society. 153-160.
- 2016. Short rest between shift intervals increases the risk of sick leave: a prospective registry study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 496-501.
- 2016. Plasma tryptophan and the kynurenine-tryptophan ratio are associated with the acquisition of statural growth deficits and oral vaccine underperformance in populations with environmental enteropathy. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 928-937.
- 2016. Epidemiology and impact of campylobacter infection in children in 8 low-resource settings: results from the MAL-ED Study. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 1171-1179.
- 2016. Clinical features of suspected Ebola cases referred to the Moyamba ETC, Sierra Leone: Challenges in the later stages of the 2014 outbreak. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- 2016. Clinical features of and risk factors for fatal Ebola virus disease, Moyamba District, Sierra Leone, December 2014–February 2015. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 1537-1544.
- 2015. Timing of Cord Clamping in relation to Start of Breathing or Ventilation among Depressed Neonates – an observational study. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 8 pages.
- 2015. Pathogen-specific burdens of community diarrhoea in developing countries: a multisite birth cohort study (MAL-ED). The Lancet Global Health. e564-e575.
- 2015. Frequent brief on-site simulation training and reduction in 24-h neonatal mortality-An educational intervention study. Resuscitation. 1-7.
- 2014. The MAL-ED cohort study: Methods and lessons learned when assessing early child development and caregiving mediators in infants and young children in 8 low-and middle-income countries. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S261-S272.
- 2014. The Etiology, risk factors, and interactions of enteric infections and malnutrition and the consequences for child health and development study (MAL-ED): Description of the Tanzanian site. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S325-S330.
- 2014. Postpartum depressive symptoms across time and place: Structural invariance of the Self-Reporting Questionnaire among women from the international, multi-site MAL-ED study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 178-186.
- 2014. Measuring socioeconomic status in multicountry studies: Results from the eight-country MAL-ED study. Population Health Metrics.
- 2012. Intermittent detection of fetal heart rate abnormalities identify infants at greatest risk for fresh stillbirths, birth asphyxia, neonatal resuscitation, and early neonatal deaths in a limited-resource setting: a prospective descriptive observational study at Haydom Lutheran Hospital. Neonatology. 235-242.
- 2012. Household food access and child malnutrition: results from the eight-country MAL-ED study. Population Health Metrics.
- 2012. Early initiation of basic resuscitation interventions including face mask ventilation may reduce birth asphyxia related mortality in low-income countries A prospective descriptive observational study. Resuscitation. 869-873.
- 2012. Birth asphyxia: a major cause of early neonatal mortality in a Tanzanian rural hospital. Pediatrics. E1238-E1243.
- 2007. Psychological selection of antarctic personnel: The "SOAP" instrument. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. 793-800.
- 2007. Health complaints and satisfied with the job? A cross-sectional study on work environment, job satisfaction, and subjective health complaints. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 568-573.
- 2007. Factors associated with a positive attitude towards change among employees during the early phase of a downsizing process. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 153-159.
- 2006. Comorbid subjective health complaints in low back pain. Spine. 1491-1495.
- 2005. Predictors and Modifiers of Treatment Effect Influencing Sick Leave in Subacute Low Back Pain Patients. Spine. 2717-2723.
- 2004. Evaluering av nettbasert læringsportal ved Det Psykologiske Fakultet - Profesjonsstudiet, 3.semester. UPED-skrift. 89-98.
- 1994. Judgements of the Creativity of Artwork From Students and Professional Artists. Journal of Psychology. 23-31.
- 1993. An experimental test to distinguish between style and ability. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society. 362.
- 2005. Medarbeidertilfredshet -04, TrygVesta. .
- 2004. Resultater av arbeidsmiljøundersøkelse 2003 -2004Stavanger kommune. .
- 2004. Arbeidsmiljøundersøkelse, Danielsen skole 2004. .
- 2003. Resultater av arbeidsmiljøundersøkelse 2003 Stavanger Kommune. .
- 2015. Clinical Features of and Risk Factors for Fatal Ebola Virus Disease, Moyamba District, Sierra Leone, December 2014–February 2015.
- 2008. Leadership or perception of leadership? A multilevel analysis on leadership and subordinate well-being.
- 2006. Does the bad boss cause ill health?
- 2005. Positiv psykologi på arbeidsplassen.
- 2005. Organizational Development: Job satisfaction vs Health Complaints Prevention.
- 2005. Leadership Effects on Working Environment, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Work Related Fatigue.
- 2005. Factors that influence attitude to change.
- 2004. Norske arbeidstagere er fornøyde- hvorfor?
- 1997. Innovators and adaptors: Style or ability?
Reader opinion piece
- 2003. Health effects of reduced workhours? Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 488-488.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2010. Common Mental Disorders in rural Tanzania: How do patients explain their distress?
- 2010. Public Health Response to HIV epidemics among IDUs in South Asia.
Popular scientific article
- 2006. Faktorer assosiert med positive holdninger til omstilling. HMS-Petroleum: Fysisk arbeidsmiljø og helse. 39-40.
- 2007. Work & Health: Cognitive Activation Theory os Stress applied in an organisational setting.
- 2010. “I will also tell my mother”: Clients’, lay and professional counsellors’ perspectives on consent procedures for HIV testing in Zambia.
- 2009. Inreasing acceptability of participation in HIV research: the role of social mobilization in a trial in Zambia.
- 2008. Subjective Health Complaints in Rural Tanzania.
- 2008. Musculoskeletal pain and enthusiastic at work.
- 2004. Attitude to organisational change.
- 2004. Attitude to change.
- 2004. Attitude to change.