Frehiwot Berhane Defaye
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2019. Clinical ethics dilemmas in a low-income setting - a national survey among physicians in Ethiopia. BMC Medical Ethics. 20: 1-13. doi: 10.1186/s12910-019-0402-x
- 2019. Financial risk protection at the bedside: How Ethiopian physicians try to minimize out-of-pocket health expenditures. PLOS ONE. 14: 1-16. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0212129
- 2017. A Call for Open Access and Empathy Is Not Enough: Hands on Are Needed! American Journal of Bioethics. Published 2017-11-11.
- 2017. Etikkarbeid i lavinntektsland: Etiopia som eksempel (Ethics capacity building in low income countries: Ethiopia as a case). Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 11. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0759
- 2017. Ethics capacity building in low-income countries: Ethiopia as a case study. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. Published 2017-11-23. doi: 10.4045
- 2015. A survey of Ethiopian physicians’ experiences of bedside rationing: extensive resource scarcity, tough decisions and adverse consequences. BMC Health Services Research. 15:467: 1-8. doi: 10.1186/s12913-015-1131-6
Reports and theses
- 2014. Making fair choices on the path to universal health coverage. Final report of the WHO Consultative Group on Equity and Universal Health Coverage. World Health Organization, Geneva. 84 pages.
Fields of competence