Gabriele de Seta
- Phone+47 55 58 24 76
- Visitor AddressHF-bygget, Sydnesplassen 7
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
- 2021. Scaling the scene: Experimental music in Taiwan. Cultural Studies. 162-182.
- 2020. Three lies of digital ethnography. Journal of Digital Social Research (JDSR). 77-97.
- 2020. Sociality, circulation, transaction: WeChat's infrastructural affordances . Verge: Studies in Global Asias. 65-82.
- 2020. Private messages from the field: Confessions on digital ethnography and its discomforts. Journal of Digital Social Research (JDSR). 1-19.
- 2020. Must Zhongzheng fall? Varied responses to memorial statues of Taiwan’s former dictator. City: analysis of urban trends, culture, theory, policy, action. 627-641.
- 2021. Wisdom + ability: on Chinese discourses around artificial intelligence, algorithms, and "smart" technologies.
- 2021. Matrix barcodes, swapped faces and thousand-mile eyes: Machine vision in Chinese everyday life.
- 2021. Ethnographic approaches to digital folklore.
- 2020. Situating data cultures and infrastructures: André Brock, Gabriele de Seta and Jill Walker Rettberg.
- 2020. Gateways, sieves, and domes: On the infrastructural topology of the Chinese stack.
- 2020. Zoning China: Online Video, Popular Culture, and the State, by Luzhou Li. Asiascape: Digital Asia. 235-238.
- 2020. Information fantasies: Precarious mediation in postsocialist China, by Xiao Liu. Asiascape: Digital Asia. 145-148.
- 2020. Digital China’s informal circuits: Platforms, labour and governance, by Elaine Jing Zhao. China Information. 294-295.
- 2020. Ambient media: Japanese atmospheres of self, by Paul Roquet (Book review). International Journal of Communication. 1753-1755.
- 2020. Sinofuturism as inverse orientalism: China’s future and the denial of coevalness. SFRA Review. 86-94.
- 2020. Optical governance: The roles of machine vision in China’s epidemic response. Strelka Magazine.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2021. A “no-venue underground”: Making experimental music around Hong Kong’s lack of performance spaces. 11 pages.