Graziella Van den Bergh
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2020. “The midwife helped me ... otherwise I could have died”: women’s experience of professional midwifery services in rural Afghanistan - a qualitative study in the provinces Kunar and Laghman. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 17 pages.
- 2016. Musculoskeletal symptoms among hospital cleaners. Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health. 87-92.
- 2016. Longstanding pain and social strain: patients’ and health care providers’ experiences with fracture management by skeletal traction; a qualitative study from Malawi. Disability and Rehabilitation. 1714-1721.
- 2016. Gerontology Across the Professions and the Atlantic: Development and Evaluation of an Interprofessional and International Course on Aging and Health. Gerontology & Geriatrics Education. 141-157.
- 2015. Use of healthcare services by injured people in Khartoum State, Sudan. International Health. 183-189.
- 2015. Socioeconomic and disability consequences of injuries in the Sudan: a community-based survey in Khartoum State. Injury Prevention. e56-e62.
- 2014. Injuries in Khartoum state, the Sudan: a household survey of incidence and risk factors. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 144-153.
- 2011. Health as foreign policy. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1784-6.
- 2016. Conference guide : Disability and global health : Implications for rehabilitation : Bergen 23-25 June 2016. .
- 2015. The role of NGOs and civil society in promoting rehabilitation services for children and youths with disabilities: Integrating facility-based and community based Rehabilitation (CBR) in Tanzania and Sudan. .
- 2012. Å leve med skoliose. Behandlingserfaringer, informasjonsbehov, livskvalitet og mestring blant skolioserammede. .
- 1999. Community based health promotion: The potential of tradtional and modern institutions. Proceedings from a workshop. .
- 2014. Public and private rehabilitation services and the role of NGOs in service provision for children with disabilities. Case studies from Tanzania and beyond.
- 2014. Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Research in Global Health: Examples and Reflections.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2011. Å leve med skoliose. Informasjonsbehov, behandlingserfaringer og livskvalitet blant skolioserammede.
- 2019. Three critical decisions for designing an online Master’s program for a global audience.
- 2019. Disability, rehabilitation and assistive technology: potential and challenges in a Tanzanian context.
- 2019. Disability and Rural Development in Tanzania: Some reflections and examples on research intersections.
- 2019. Assistive Technology Services for Children With Disabilities and Inclusive Education in Tanzania: the need for intersectoral collaboration .
- 2017. The role of NGOs and civil society in providing rehabilitation services for children with disabilities. Case studies from Tanzania and Sudan.
- 2017. Socio-cultural Perspectives on Mental Health in a Global Setting. Implications for Physiotherapy.
- 2016. Éducation internationale et interprofessionnelle en matière de vieillissement et de santé : théorie et pratique dans un contexte de frontières étendues/International and Interprofessional Education in Aging and Health: Theory and Practice in Expanding Boundaries.
- 2016. Variations in Student Experiences and Outcomes in an International and Interprofessional Gerontology Course by Country.
- 2016. Setting the Stage for International and Interprofessional Education: Why are Global Perspectives So Important?
- 2016. Chair of Scientific Conference Programme of "Disability and Global Health: Implications for Rehabilitation". Coordinator of Scientific Committee.
- 2015. Transatlantic Internationalisation in the Digital Age Gerontology Across the Professions and the Atlantic (GAPA): An Interprofessional and International Hybrid Graduate Course on Aging and Health.
- 2015. Research Methodology in Global Health and Rehabilitation: Mixed Methods approaches and context sensitive research.
- 2015. Narrative perspectives on education and children with disabilities: Unpacking children’s stories and personal experiences in a boarding school in Tanzania .
- 2014. The role of global and local civil society in promoting rehabilitation services for children with disabilities. Comparative perspectives from Tanzania, Sudan, Malawi and beyond.
- 2014. The role of civil society and NGO’s in providing specialized and community based rehabilitation services for children: case studies in Tanzania and Sudan.
- 2012. Consequences of injuries: a community based survey in Khartoum State, the Sudan.
- 2011. Disability, Mental illness and Old-age frailty.
- 2010. Disability, health services and Community Based Rehabilitation approaches in Tanzania and the Sudan. Reflections about the "right to health" in low-income countries.
- 2009. The violence of silence: Adolescent girls, poverty and illegal abortion in times of HIV Gender-based violence and unsafe abortion: public health issues.
- 2006. To risk or not to risk: Is it a question? Coming of age in times of AIDS: primary school-children in Western Tanzania Gender and Child Poverty: Rights, Ethics and Care.
- 2006. "Going native" in anthropological health research - Is it that wrong? Transferring anthropological methods, theory and experience to applied health research.
- 2019. Master`s Programme in Healthy Ageing and Rehabilitation.
- 2016. Clinician's Commentary on Clarke et al. Physiotherapy Canada. 206-207.
- 2018. Osteoporose og kvinners erfaringer med helsefremmende tiltak, behandling og fysisk aktivitet: «…Jeg blandet ikke fysioterapeuten inn i osteoporosedelen…».
- 2017. "To become independent and remain independent". Living with mobility impairments in rural Peru.
- 2016. Fysioterapeutar sine erfaringar kring rehabiliteringsforløp etter hoftebrot: «Ei kompleks pasientgruppe med ulike behov».
- 2014. Hand Eczema and Musculoskeletal Symptoms among Cleaners. Prevalence and immigrant status: a cross-sectional study in a Norwegian city.
- 2014. Fracture management in Malawi: Patients´ and professionals´ experiences with skeletal traction.
- 2014. Aerobic Training and Cardio-respiratory Endurance among Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Northern Tanzania: A Pilot Study.
- 2013. “Getting rid of the plague”: jiggers removal program in Bungoma, Kenya. Community and health workers perspectives on tungiasis in a high prevalence area.
- 2011. Helse som utenrikspolitikk: Den globale helsearenaen kan synes å være dominert av bistandsorganisasjoner, filantroper som Bill Gates og farmasøytisk industri. Hvilken rolle kan helse- og utenriksministeriene spille? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1784-1786.
Letter to the editor
- 2020. Betrayal of Trust? The Impact of the COVID-19 Global Pandemic on Older Persons. Journal of Applied Gerontology. 1-3.
- 2019. Evaluating the feasibility of the expansion of Community-Based Rehabilitation into the Physiotherapy Curriculum in Ahfad University for Women.
- 2014. Injuries in Khartoum State, Sudan. Magnitude, consequences and healthcare utilization: a community-based survey.
- 2008. From Blessing to Burden: Coping with the fertile body in times of AIDS. Adolescent girls in Western Tanzania at the turn of the millennium.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2008. To Risk or not to Risk? Is it a Question? Sexual Debut, Poverty and Vulnerability in times of HIV. 21 pages.
- 2008. From Initiation Rituals to AIDS Education: Entering Adulthood at the Turn of the Millennium. 18 pages.
- 2005. Contextual aspects in relation to reproductive health information among school youth in Rombo District, Tanzania. 22 pages.
- 2010. Disability, health services and local and international collaboration: comparing comprehensive and community based rehabilitation approaches in Tanzania and the Sudan.
- 2011. Exploring rehabilitation systems for children and youths with disabilities: integrating specialised health services and community based rehabilitation in Tanzania and Sudan. Tropical medicine & international health. 350-350.
- 2011. 'I wanted to deliver at the hospital'. Narratives of Ugandan women who almost died during childbirth. Tropical medicine & international health. 301-301.
- 2009. The violence of silence: Tanzanian girls, poverty and illegal abortion in times of HIV Gender-based violence and unsafe abortion: public health issues. Tropical medicine & international health. 77-77.
- 2018. Osteoporose: Kvinners erfaringer med helsefremmende tiltak, behandling og fysisk aktivitet.
- 2017. Physical Disability and the Use of Assistive Devices in Pakistan: A case study on users’ perspectives in three rehabilitation centres of Peshawar and Islamabad.
- 2016. “To become independent and be independent” – Experiences of persons with mobility impairments in Juanjuí, Peru.
- 2016. Profile of individuals with physical disabilities to assist the development and implementation of appropriate services in Khartoum State, Sudan.
- 2015. Management of Clubfoot in Tanzania: Physiotherapists' experiences and challenges.
- 2015. Fracture Management in Malawi: Patients' and professionals' experiences with skeletal traction.
- 2015. Aerobic Training and Cardio-Respiratory Endurance among Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Northern Tanzania.
- 2013. “Getting rid of the plague”: Jiggers Removal Program in Bungoma, Kenya. Community and health workers’ perspectives on tungiasis in a high prevalence area.
- 2013. Utilization of formal healthcare services by the injured in Khartoum state, Sudan: a household survey.
- 2013. Physical disability and the use of assistive devices in Pakistan. A case study on users' perspectives in three rehabilitation centers in Azad Kashmir, Peshawar and Islamabad.
- 2013. Management of Clubfoot in Tanzania: Physiotherapists’ experiences and challenges.
- 2013. Injuries in Khartoum state, the Sudan: a household survey of incidence and risk factors.
- 2013. Dilemmas in Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR): Professional health care and voluntary work hand-in-hand? Cases studies from Sudan and Tanzania.
- 2012. Consequences of injuries: a community based survey in Khartoum State, the Sudan.
- 2011. Global profession, local contexts: The role of physiotherapists in Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania and Sudan.
- 2011. Building a Physiotherapy Bachelor program (BSc) in Sudan: A model for North-South collaboration between two universities.
- 2006. To risk or not to risk: Is it a question? Coming of age in times of AIDS: the case of primary school-pupils in Western Tanzania.
- 2006. Preventing unwanted pregnancy, preventing HIV infection? The challenges of contraceptive technology, illegal abortion and youth-friendly services in Tanzania.
- 2019. The need for demand and local anchoring of innovations.
- 2016. Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research. 10 years anniversary. "To make a difference in the world".
Website (informational material)
- 2016. Disability and Global Health: Implications for rehabilitation. Innovative practices and human resources for equitable enablement. Conference June 23rd-25th, 2016. Bergen University College.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2015. Har renholdere som er innvandrere mer håndeksem? Ramazzini: norsk tidsskrift for arbeids- og miljømedisin. 19-22.