- 2019. Upregulated PDK4 expression is a sensitive marker of increased fatty acid oxidation. Mitochondrion (Amsterdam. Print). 97-110.
- 2019. The homeobox factor Irx3 maintains adipogenic identity. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental.
- 2019. Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration prevents BRAF-mutant melanoma brain metastasis. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-19.
- 2019. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer & Metabolism.
- 2018. Thioridazine inhibits autophagy and sensitizes glioblastoma cells to temozolomide. International Journal of Cancer. 1735-1745.
- 2018. Introducing nano-scale quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 923-926.
- 2017. The angiogenic switch leads to a metabolic shift in human glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. 383-393.
- 2017. Increased hepatic mitochondrial FA oxidation reduces plasma and liver TG levels and is associated with regulation of UCPs and APOC-III in rats. Journal of Lipid Research. 1362-1373.
- 2017. EGFR heterogeneity and implications for therapeutic intervention in glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. 743-752.
- 2016. Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight.
- 2016. EGFRvIII mutations can emerge as late and heterogenous events in glioblastoma development and promote angiogenesis through Src activation. Neuro-Oncology. 1644-1655.
- 2015. A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.
- 2013. Tumor versus stromal cells in culture-survival of the fittest? PLOS ONE. 12 pages.
- 2013. EGFR wild-type amplification and activation promote invasion and development of glioblastoma independent of angiogenesis. Acta Neuropathologica. 683-698.
- 2009. Long-term cultures of bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells frequently undergo spontaneous malignant transformation. Cancer Research. 5331-5339.
- 2009. Increased lymphatic vascular density is seen before colorectal cancers reach stage II and growth factor FGF-2 is downregulated in tumor tissue compared with normal mucosa. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). 212-221.
- 2008. CD133 negative glioma cells form tumors in nude rats and give rise to CD133 positive cells. International Journal of Cancer. 761-768.
- 2007. Neural stem cell markers, nestin and musashi proteins, in the progression of human glioma: correlation of nestin with prognosis of patient survival. Surgical Neurology. 133-144.
- 2012. Spontaneous Transformation of Stem Cells In Vitro and the Issue of Cross-Contamination. International Journal of Biological Sciences. 1051-1052.
- 2012. Comment to: "Spontaneous transformation of adult mesenchymal stem cells from cynomolgus macaques in vitro" by Z. Ren et al. Exp. Cell Res. 317 (2011) 2950-2957, Spontaneous transformation of mesenchymal stem cells in culture: Facts or fiction? Experimental Cell Research. 441-443.
Reader opinion piece
- 2010. Spontaneous Malignant Transformation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reflects Cross-Contamination: Putting the Research Field on Track - Letter. Cancer Research. 6393-6396.
- 2019. Alterations in cellular metabolism during development of cancer therapy resistance.
- 2014. Molecular Mechanisms of Glioblastoma Progression. Stem Cell Markers and Involvement of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor System.
- 2013. DISTINCT FUNCTIONAL ROLES OF WILD-TYPE EGFR AND ITS MUTANT EGFRvIII IN GLIOBLASTOMA DEVELOPMENT. Neuro-Oncology. 6-6.
- 2013. ACTIVATION OF THE PROTOTYPICAL SFK c-Src PROMOTES ANGIOGENESIS OF HUMAN GLIOBLASTOMA. Neuro-Oncology. 3-3.
- 2018. Metabolic profiling of Colorectal cancer in 3D.
- 2016. Corrigendum: A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.