- (2022). Metabolic flux analysis of 3D spheroids reveals significant differences in glucose metabolism from matched 2D cultures of colorectal cancer and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cell lines. Cancer & Metabolism. 16 pages.
- (2022). Human organotypic airway and lung organoid cells of bronchiolar and alveolar differentiation are permissive to infection by influenza and SARS-CoV-2 respiratory virus. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 1-23.
- (2021). Metformin treatment response is dependent on glucose growth conditions and metabolic phenotype in colorectal cancer cells. Scientific Reports. 1-10.
- (2021). Blocking aerobic glycolysis by targeting pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase in combination with EGFR TKI and ionizing radiation increases therapeutic effect in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Cancers. 24 pages.
- (2020). AXL Targeting Abrogates Autophagic Flux and Induces Immunogenic Cell Death in Drug-Resistant Cancer Cells. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 973-999.
- (2020). A 3D spheroid model for glioblastoma. Journal of Visualized Experiments.
- (2020). A 3D Spheroid Model for Glioblastoma. Journal of Visualized Experiments.
- (2019). Upregulated PDK4 expression is a sensitive marker of increased fatty acid oxidation. Mitochondrion (Amsterdam. Print). 97-110.
- (2019). The homeobox factor Irx3 maintains adipogenic identity. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental.
- (2019). Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration prevents BRAF-mutant melanoma brain metastasis. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-19.
- (2019). Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer & Metabolism.
- (2018). Thioridazine inhibits autophagy and sensitizes glioblastoma cells to temozolomide. International Journal of Cancer. 1735-1745.
- (2018). Introducing nano-scale quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 923-926.
- (2017). The angiogenic switch leads to a metabolic shift in human glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. 383-393.
- (2017). Increased hepatic mitochondrial FA oxidation reduces plasma and liver TG levels and is associated with regulation of UCPs and APOC-III in rats. Journal of Lipid Research. 1362-1373.
- (2017). EGFR heterogeneity and implications for therapeutic intervention in glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. 743-752.
- (2016). Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight.
- (2016). EGFRvIII mutations can emerge as late and heterogenous events in glioblastoma development and promote angiogenesis through Src activation. Neuro-Oncology. 1644-1655.
- (2015). A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.
- (2013). Tumor versus stromal cells in culture-survival of the fittest? PLOS ONE. 12 pages.
- (2013). EGFR wild-type amplification and activation promote invasion and development of glioblastoma independent of angiogenesis. Acta Neuropathologica. 683-698.
- (2009). Long-term cultures of bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells frequently undergo spontaneous malignant transformation. Cancer Research. 5331-5339.
- (2009). Increased lymphatic vascular density is seen before colorectal cancers reach stage II and growth factor FGF-2 is downregulated in tumor tissue compared with normal mucosa. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 212-221.
- (2008). CD133 negative glioma cells form tumors in nude rats and give rise to CD133 positive cells. International Journal of Cancer. 761-768.
- (2007). Neural stem cell markers, nestin and musashi proteins, in the progression of human glioma: correlation of nestin with prognosis of patient survival. Surgical Neurology. 133-144.
- (2012). Spontaneous Transformation of Stem Cells In Vitro and the Issue of Cross-Contamination. International Journal of Biological Sciences. 1051-1052.
- (2012). Comment to: "Spontaneous transformation of adult mesenchymal stem cells from cynomolgus macaques in vitro" by Z. Ren et al. Exp. Cell Res. 317 (2011) 2950-2957, Spontaneous transformation of mesenchymal stem cells in culture: Facts or fiction? Experimental Cell Research. 441-443.
Reader opinion piece
- (2010). Spontaneous Malignant Transformation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reflects Cross-Contamination: Putting the Research Field on Track - Letter. Cancer Research. 6393-6396.
- (2019). Alterations in cellular metabolism during development of cancer therapy resistance.
Popular scientific article
- (2021). Vil vi redigere genene til ufødte barn? Forskersonen.no.
- (2021). Vern om dine mikrober om du vil unngå sykdom. Forskersonen.no.
- (2021). En regnefeil ligger til grunn for anbefalte vitamin D-doser. Forskersonen.no.
- (2020). Få i deg nok vitamin D. Forskersonen.no.
- (2014). Molecular Mechanisms of Glioblastoma Progression. Stem Cell Markers and Involvement of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor System.
- (2013). DISTINCT FUNCTIONAL ROLES OF WILD-TYPE EGFR AND ITS MUTANT EGFRvIII IN GLIOBLASTOMA DEVELOPMENT. Neuro-Oncology. 6-6.
- (2013). ACTIVATION OF THE PROTOTYPICAL SFK c-Src PROMOTES ANGIOGENESIS OF HUMAN GLIOBLASTOMA. Neuro-Oncology. 3-3.
- (2018). Metabolic profiling of Colorectal cancer in 3D.
- (2022). Author Correction: Metformin treatment response is dependent on glucose growth conditions and metabolic phenotype in colorectal cancer cells (Scientific Reports, (2021), 11, 1, (10487), 10.1038/s41598-021-89861-6). Scientific Reports.
- (2016). Corrigendum: A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.