- (2020). Validation of a point-of-care capillary lactate measuring device (Lactate Pro 2). Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. 1-7.
- (2020). Cognitive and physical performance are well preserved following standard blood donation: A noninferiority, randomized clinical trial. Transfusion. S77-S86.
- (2018). Immediate effects of blood donation on physical and cognitive performance-A randomized controlled double-blinded trial. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S125-S131.
- (2016). Making whole blood available in austere medical environments: Donor performance and safety. Transfusion. S166-S172.
- (2016). A proposed field emergency donor panel questionnaire and triage tool. Transfusion. S119-S127.
- (2015). The lost art of whole blood transfusion in austere environments. Current sports medicine reports. 129-134.
- (2014). Emergency whole-blood use in the field: A simplified protocol for collection and transfusion. Shock. 76-83.
- (2013). Blood Far Forward-a whole blood research and training program for austere environments. Transfusion. 124S-130S.
- (2018). Staff officers as blood suppliers: Effects of repeated donations and autologous reinfusions of untransfused units. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S89-S92.
- (2018). Emergency sternal intraosseous access for warm fresh whole blood transfusion in damage control resuscitation. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S120-S124.
Academic literature review
- (2016). "Blood failure" time to view blood as an organ: How oxygen debt contributes to blood failure and its implications for remote damage control resuscitation. Transfusion. S182-S189.