- (2023). Thyroidectomy for Euthyroid Patients With Hashimoto Disease and Persisting Symptoms. Annals of Internal Medicine.
- (2022). Predictors of adherence and the role of primary non-adherence in antihormonal treatment of breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 12 pages.
- (2022). Hypoxia drives centrosome amplification in cancer cells via HIF1a-dependent induction of polo-like kinase 4. Molecular Cancer Research. 596-606.
- (2021). The balance between professional autonomy and organizational obligations in resilient management of specialized health care: A Norwegian document study. International Journal of Risk and Safety in Medicine. 335-355.
- (2021). Simultaneous Quantification of Aromatase Inhibitors and Estrogens in Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Patients. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). 1368-1374.
- (2021). Effect of genetic variability in 20 pharmacogenes on concentrations of tamoxifen and its metabolites. Journal of Personalized Medicine. 11 pages.
- (2021). Association of CYP2D6 genotype and tamoxifen metabolites with breast cancer recurrence in a low-dose trial. NPJ breast cancer. 1-34.
- (2020). Low Z-4OHtam concentrations are associated with adverse clinical outcome among early stage premenopausal breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen. Molecular Oncology. 11 pages.
- (2020). A Quantitative Centrosomal Amplification Score Predicts Local Recurrence of Ductal Carcinoma In Situ. Clinical Cancer Research. 2898-2907.
- (2019). Thyroidectomy Versus Medical Management for Euthyroid Patients With Hashimoto Disease and Persisting Symptoms: A Randomized Trial. Annals of Internal Medicine. 453-464.
- (2019). Metabolic consequences of perioperative oral carbohydrates in breast cancer patients - an explorative study. BMC Cancer. 1-23.
- (2019). Influence of pre-operative oral carbohydrate loading vs. standard fasting on tumor proliferation and clinical outcome in breast cancer patients - a randomized trial. BMC Cancer. 1-22.
- (2019). Drug monitoring of tamoxifen metabolites predicts vaginal dryness and verifies a low discontinuation rate from the Norwegian Prescription Database. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 185-195.
- (2019). Adherence to adjuvant endocrine therapy in postmenopausal breast cancer patients: A 5-year prospective study. Breast. 52-58.
- (2018). Diet in women with breast cancer compared to healthy controls - What is the difference? European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 20-24.
- (2017). Serum concentrations of active tamoxifen metabolites predict long-term survival in adjuvantly treated breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Research.
- (2017). Our genes, our selves: hereditary breast cancer and biological citizenship in Norway. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. 89-103.
- (2017). Apolipoprotein D expression does not predict breast cancer recurrence among tamoxifentreated patients. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- (2016). Fatigue, anxiety and depression overrule the role of oncological treatment in predicting self-reported health complaints in women with breast cancer compared to healthy controls. Breast. 100-106.
- (2016). Capturing the experience: Reflections of women with breast cancer engaged in an expressive writing intervention. Cancer Nursing. E51-E60.
- (2015). The active tamoxifen metabolite endoxifen (4OHNDtam) strongly down-regulates cytokeratin 6 (CK6) in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. PLOS ONE. 19 pages.
- (2014). Illness uncertainty in breast cancer patients: Validation of the 5-item short form of the Mishel Uncertainty in Illness Scale. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 1-7.
- (2014). Ekspressiv skriving som egenterapeutisk verktøy ett år etter brystkreftdiagnosen - resultater fra en beskrivende pilotstudie. Nordisk tidsskrift for helseforskning. 45-61.
- (2013). Serum concentrations of tamoxifen and its metabolites increase with age during steady-state treatment. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 243-248.
- (2012). Å ta beslutningen sammen med pasienten. Tidsskriftet sykepleien. 70-73.
- (2012). Klasiske biomarkører vs, nye molkylærbiologiske tester i prognose og prediksjon ved ajuvant behandling av brystkreft. Kirurgen. 166-171.
- (2011). The prognostic value of the orphan nuclear receptor DAX-1 (NROB1) in node-negative breast cancer. Anticancer Research. 443-449.
- (2011). Mitotic activity and bone marrow micrometastases have independent prognostic value in node positive breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 137-146.
- (2011). In patients younger than age 55 years with lymph node–negative breast cancer, proliferation by mitotic activity index is prognostically superior to adjuvant! Journal of Clinical Oncology. 852-858.
- (2011). Functional polymorphisms in UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and recurrence in tamoxifen-treated breast cancer survivors. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 1937-1943.
- (2011). D2-40/p63 defined lymph vessel invasion has additional prognostic value in highly proliferating operable node negative breast cancer patients. Modern Pathology. 502-511.
- (2010). Biologic profiling of lymph node negative breast cancers by means of microRNA expression. Modern Pathology. 1567-1576.
- (2009). Validating the prognostic value of proliferation measured by Phosphohistone H3 (PPH3) in invasive lymph node-negative breast cancer patients less than 71 years of age. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 39-45.
- (2009). Patients with Clinical/Radiological Hyperplasia of Mammary Glands Show Pathological Presistence of Temperature of Skin Points. Anticancer Research. 4697-4702.
- (2009). LOH at 1p31 (ARHI) and proliferation in lymph node-negative breast cancer. Cellular Oncology. 335-343.
- (2009). Co-expression of estrogen receptor agr and Apolipoprotein D in node positive operable breast cancer - possible relevance for survival and effects of adjuvant tamoxifen in postmenopausal patients. Acta Oncologica. 514-521.
- (2009). Apolipoprotein D predicts adverse outcome in women a parts per thousand yen70 years with operable breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 519-528.
- (2008). Prognostic Relevance of Androgen Receptor Detection in Operable Breast Cancer. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 551-558.
- (2008). Comparison of Apolipoprotein D determination methods in breast cancer. Anticancer Research. 1151-1160.
- (2008). Androgen receptor determination in breast cancer - A comparison of the dextran-coated charcoal method and quantitative immunohistochemical analysis. Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology (Print). 362-370.
- (2007). Resuscitative emergency thoracotomy in a Scandinavian trauma hospital - is it justified? Injury.
- (2007). Resuscitative emergency thoracotomy in a Scandinavian trauma hospital - is it justified? Injury. 34-42.
- (2007). Phosphohistone H3 expression has much stronger prognostic value than classical prognosticators in invasive lymph node-negative breast cancer patients less than 55 years of age. Modern Pathology. 1307-1315.
- (2007). Comparing the prognostic value of PTEN and Akt expression with the Mitotic Activity Index in adjuvant chemotherapy-treated node-negative breast cancer patients aged > 55 years. Cellular Oncology. 25-35.
- (2006). Success predictors of adjuvant chemotherapy in node-negative breast cancer patients under 55 years. Cellular Oncology. 295-303.
- (2006). Benign peritoneal cystic mesothelioma. World Journal of Surgery. 560-566.
- (2005). Acute pancreatitis in a young girl with the Netherton syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 69-72.
Reader opinion piece
- (2013). Breaking away: High fracture rates may merit a new trial of adjuvant endocrine therapy in Scandinavian breast cancer patients. Acta Oncologica. 861-U216.
- (2008). Apolipoprotein D and Androgen Receptor in Operable Breast Cancer.
- (2020). Relationship between CYP2D6 genotype, tamoxifen metabolites, and adverse events, tumor biomarkers and breast cancer recurrence in a low-dose phase III trial in noninvasive disease. Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- (2013). Associations between tamoxifen and age during steady state tamoxifen treatment of postmenopausal women with breast cancer. Experimental and clinical endocrinology & diabetes. 1 pages.
- (2010). In operable node negative breast cancer patients under 71 years, lymph vessel invasion has no additional prognostic value to PhosphoHistone-3 proliferative activity. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 250-250.
- (2010). Comparing the prognostic value of proliferation markers Ki67, mitotic activity index, phosphohistone-3 and classical variables in breast cancer. Virchows Archiv. 170-170.
- (2009). Use of Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) Analysis To Determine the Most Optimal Prognostic Threshold for Adjuvant! in Lymph Node Negative Breast Cancer Patients < 55 Years. Cancer Research. 704S-705S.
- (2009). Mitotic Activity Index Identifies Both Over- and Undertreated Lymph Node Negative Breast Cancer Patients < 55 Year According to the Norwegian Treatment Guidelines. Cancer Research. 706S-706S.
- (2007). Tissue microarray and whole sections in small sized study populations for ER-alpha, PR, HER-2 and AR in operable breast cancer: correlation and relevance for prognostication. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 1314-1314.
- (2007). Prognostic differences of WHO-assessed mitotic activity index (MAI) and mitotic impression by quick scanning in invasive ductal breast cancer patients under 55 years of age. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. S60-S61.
- (2007). Androgen receptor determination in breast cancer: a comparison of the dextran-coated charcoal method and quantitative immunohistochemical analysis. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. S216-S216.
- (2007). ARHI (DIRAS3) and proliferation in lymph node negative breast cancer. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 1318-1318.
- (2018). A prospective, longitudinal, breast cancer biobank (PBCB) in western Norway.
- (2010). Mitotic Activity Index and Bone Marrow Micrometastases is a Strong Prognostic Combination in Breast Cancer Patients.
- (2019). Corrigendum to “Adherence to adjuvant endocrine therapy in postmenopausal breast cancer patients: A 5-year prospective study” [The Breast, 44, April 2019, 52–58](S0960977619300037)(10.1016/j.breast.2019.01.003). Breast. 118.
Academic literature review
- (2023). Importance of endocrine treatment adherence and persistence in breast cancer survivorship: a systematic review. BMC Cancer. 12 pages.
- (2021). Generating a precision endoxifen prediction algorithm to advance personalized tamoxifen treatment in patients with breast cancer. Journal of Personalized Medicine. 1-23.
- (2020). Centrosome amplification: a quantifiable cancer cell trait with prognostic value in solid malignancies. Cancer Metastasis Review. 319-339.
- (2015). The role of microRNAs as predictors of response to tamoxifen treatment in breast cancer patients. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 24243-24275.
- (2009). Proliferation is the strongest prognosticator in node-negative breast cancer: significance, error sources, alternatives and comparison with molecular prognostic markers. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 241-254.
- (2007). Emerging concepts of apolipoprotein D with possible implications for breast cancer. Cellular Oncology. 195-209.
- (2006). Microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer. British Journal of Surgery. 395-406.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2022). Liquid biopsies and patient-reported outcome measures for integrative monitoring of patients with early-stage breast cancer: a study protocol for the longitudinal observational Prospective Breast Cancer Biobanking (PBCB) study. BMJ Open.