- Phone+47 55 58 85 56
- Visitor AddressOverlege Danielsens HusÅrstadveien 215009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Hallgeir Kismul is an associate professor at the Centre for International Health , Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care.
Hallgeir Kismul has 35 years of project and research experience in 19 countries concerning socio-economic and nutritional issues. He has been the team leader in more than 25 projects and has worked for FAO, Danida, World Bank, Global Environment Facility, Nordic Development Fund and different NGOs. He has a special interest in natural resourses management, child and maternal health and global nutrition.
His theoretical interests concerns social anthropology and epidemiology.
- 2018. Individual- and community-level determinants of child immunization in The Democratic Republic of Congo: A multilevel analysis. PLoS ONE. 13:e0202742: 1-17. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0202742
- 2018. Norge svikter studenter fra lavinntektsland. Dagens medisin. Published 2018-08-16.
- 2017. Determinants of childhood stunting in the Democratic Republic of Congo: Further analysis of Demographic and Health Survey 2013-14. BMC Public Health. 18:74: 1-14. doi: 10.1186/s12889-017-4621-0
- 2015. The social context of severe child malnutrition: A qualitative household case study from a rural area of the Democratic Republic of Congo. International Journal for Equity in Health. 14:47. doi: 10.1186/s12939-015-0175-x
- 2014. Incidence and course of child malnutrition according to clinical or anthropometrical assessment: A longitudinal study from rural DR Congo. BMC Pediatrics. 14. doi: 10.1186/1471-2431-14-22
- 2014. Diet and kwashiorkor: A prospective study from rural DR Congo. PeerJ. 2014. doi: 10.7717/peerj.350
- 2014. Seasonal and spatial factors related to longitudinal patterns of child growth in Bwamanda, DR Congo. Earth Perspectives. 1. doi: 10.1186/s40322-014-0026-8
- 2015. Determinants of child malnutrition. Studies from a rural area in the Democratic Republic of Congo. University of Bergen.