- (2022). Reduced α-galactosidase A activity in zebrafish (Danio rerio) mirrors distinct features of Fabry nephropathy phenotype. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism Reports. 1-11.
- (2022). Proteomic signature of tubulointerstitial tissue predicts prognosis in IgAN. BMC Nephrology. 1-10.
- (2022). Intake of residuals from Atlantic cod attenuated blood pressure increase but did not delay development of kidney damage in obese Zucker fa/fa rats. Food & Nutrition Research. 1-11.
- (2022). Imaging of Clear Cell Renal Carcinoma with Immune Checkpoint Targeting Aptamer-Based Probe. Pharmaceuticals. 19 pages.
- (2022). Glomerular proteomic profiling of kidney biopsies with hypertensive nephropathy reveals a signature of disease progression. Hypertension Research.
- (2022). Chronic Kidney Disease from Polyvinylpyrrolidone Deposition in Persons with Intravenous Drug Use. American Society of Nephrology. Clinical Journal. 518-526.
- (2022). Carbamylation of integrin αIIbβ3: The mechanistic link to platelet dysfunction in ESKD. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 1841-1856.
- (2022). Association of redox and inflammation-related biomarkers with prognosis in IgA nephropathy: A prospective observational study. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 62-70.
- (2022). A multiomics disease progression signature of low-risk ccRCC. Scientific Reports. 1-15.
- (2021). Ultrasound and Microbubbles Enhance Uptake of Doxorubicin in Murine Kidneys. Pharmaceutics.
- (2021). Medication Prescription, Common Side-effects, and Nutritional Status are Associated in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease. Journal of renal nutrition. 1-9.
- (2021). Familial contributions to the association between low birth weight and risk of CKD in adult life. Kidney International Reports. 2151-2158.
- (2021). Factors associated with nutritional risk in patients receiving haemodialysis assessed by Nutritional Risk Screening 2002 (NRS2002). Journal of Renal Care. 1-7.
- (2021). Elevated Ambulatory Blood Pressure Measurements are Associated with a Progressive Form of Fabry Disease. High Blood Pressure & Cardiovascular Prevention. 309-319.
- (2021). Cardiovascular changes in young renal failure patients. Clinical Kidney Journal (CKJ).
- (2021). Axl-inhibitor bemcentinib alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction in the unilateral ureter obstruction murine model. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. 7407-7417.
- (2021). AXL targeting by a specific small molecule or monoclonal antibody inhibits renal cell carcinoma progression in an orthotopic mice model. Physiological Reports. 1-11.
- (2021). AGAP2-AS1 as a prognostic biomarker in low-risk clear cell renal cell carcinoma patients with progressing disease. Cancer Cell International. 12 pages.
- (2021). A map of metabolic phenotypes in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight. 1-19.
- (2020). The changing landscape of Fabry disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 569-576.
- (2020). Intrauterine growth restriction, preterm birth and risk of end-stage renal disease during the first 50 years of life. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1157-1163.
- (2020). Intrauterine growth restriction and risk of diverse forms of kidney disease during the first 50 years of life. American Society of Nephrology. Clinical Journal. 1413-1423.
- (2020). Circulating inflammation-related factors are correlated with systemic redox status in IgA nephropathy; a case-control study. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 10-18.
- (2019). Transcriptome-proteome integration of archival human renal cell carcinoma biopsies enables identification of molecular mechanisms. American Journal of Physiology - Renal Physiology (AJP).
- (2019). Characterization of glomerular extracellular matrix in IgA nephropathy by proteomic analysis of laser-captured microdissected glomeruli. BMC Nephrology. 1-12.
- (2019). Challenges and opportunities for nephrology in Western Europe. Kidney International. 1037-1040.
- (2019). AXL targeting reduces fibrosis development in experimental unilateral ureteral obstruction. Physiological Reports. 1-20.
- (2018). Systemic redox biomarkers and their relationship to prognostic risk markers in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and IgA nephropathy. Clinical Biochemistry. 33-40.
- (2018). Low birth weight associates with glomerular area in young male IgA nephropathy patients. BMC Nephrology. 1-10.
- (2018). In vivo detection of chronic kidney disease using tissue deformation fields from dynamic MR imaging. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 1779-1790.
- (2018). High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology. 1-9.
- (2018). Fine needle aspirates of kidneys: A promising tool for RNA sequencing in native and transplanted kidneys. BMC Nephrology. 1-9.
- (2018). Expanding the utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded archives: Feasibility of miR-Seq for disease exploration and biomarker development from biopsies with clear cell renal cell Carcinoma. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-18.
- (2017). Renal carcinoma/kidney progenitor cell chimera organoid as a novel tumorigenesis gene discovery model. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 1503-1515.
- (2017). Renal Carcinoma/Kidney Progenitor Cell Chimera Organoid as a Novel Tumourigenesis Gene Discovery Model. Disease Models and Mechanisms. 1930-1942.
- (2017). Pathomechanisms of renal Fabry disease. Cell and Tissue Research. 53-62.
- (2017). Glomerular abundance of complement proteins characterized by proteomic analysis of laser-captured microdissected glomeruli associates with progressive disease in IgA nephropathy. Clinical Proteomics.
- (2017). Disease progression modeling to evaluate the effects of enzyme replacement therapy on kidney function in adult patients with the Classic phenotype of Fabry disease. Kidney and Blood Pressure Research. 1-15.
- (2017). Clear cell renal cell carcinoma is linked to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and to fibrosis. Physiological Reports. 1-18.
- (2016). Transcriptome sequencing (RNAseq) enables utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded biopsies with clear cell renal cell carcinoma for exploration of disease biology and biomarker development. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Renal fibrosis mRNA classifier: Validation in experimental lithium-induced interstitial fibrosis in the rat kidney. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). RNA extraction for RNA sequencing of archival renal tissues. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 426-434.
- (2016). Proteomic Analysis of Minimally Damaged Renal Tubular Tissue from Two-Kidney-One-Clip Hypertensive Rats Demonstrates Extensive Changes Compared to Tissue from Controls. Nephron. 70-80.
- (2016). Next generation sequencing: A tool for this generation of nephrologists. European Medical Journal: Nephrology. 50-57.
- (2016). Low birth weight and risk of progression to end stage renal disease in IgA nephropathy - A retrospective registry-based cohort study. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Exploring frailty and mild cognitive impairment in kidney transplantation to predict biomedical, psychosocial and health cost outcomes (GERAS): protocol of a nationwide prospective cohort study. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- (2016). End stage renal disease predicts increased risk of death in first degree relatives in the Norwegian population. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Development and confirmation of potential gene classifiers of human clear cell renal cell carcinoma using next-generation RNA sequencing. Scandinavian Journal of Urology. 452-462.
- (2015). PTX3 Polymorphisms and Invasive Mold Infections after Solid Organ Transplantation. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 619-622.
- (2015). Distinct protein signature of hypertension-induced damage in the renal proteome of two-kidney-one-clip (2K1C) rat model. Journal of Hypertension. 126-135.
- (2015). CRTC2 polymorphism as a risk factor for the incidence of metabolic syndrome in patients with solid organ transplantation. Pharmacogenomics (London).
- (2015). Bedeutung und management der Rezidive von Glomerulonephritiden im Nierentransplantat (Significance and management of recurrent glomerulonephritis in kidney transplantation). Therapeutische Umschau. 199-206.
- (2014). Metzincins and related genes in experimental renal aging: towards a unifying fibrosis classifier across species. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1177-1185.
- (2014). Correlation of serum and urinary matrix metalloproteases/tissue inhibitors of metalloproteases with subclinical allograft fibrosis in renal transplantation. Transplant Immunology. 1-6.
- (2021). Cleared Podocytes and Normal Kidney Function in Classical Fabry Males 15 Years After Start of Enzyme Replacement Therapy at Young Age.
- (2019). Fabry Nephropathy: First mRNA-seq Findings from Kidney Biopsies Before and After Enzyme Replacement Therapy.
- (2018). Primary Membranous Nephropathy: Glomerular RNA Sequencing from Archival Kidney Biopsies.
- (2019). Challenging Anticoagulation in Advanced Renal Failure. American Journal of Medicine. 1258-1259.
- (2020). The case: Kidney injury in a patient receiving nivolumab. Kidney International. 1359-1360.
- (2018). Klarcellet nyrekarsinom er knyttet til epitelial-til- mesenkymal overgang (EMT) og til fibrose. Best Practice Norge. Onkologi/hemtologi.
Letter to the editor
- (2021). Low Immunization Rate in Kidney Transplant Recipients Also After Dose 2 of the BNT162b2 Vaccine: Continue to Keep Your Guard up! Transplantation. E80-E81.
- (2015). Renal failure due to excessive intake of almonds in the absence of Oxalobacter Formigenes. American Journal of Medicine. e29-e30.
- (2015). Renal Failure due to Excessive Intake of Almonds in the Absence of Oxalobacter formigenes. American Journal of Medicine.
- (2019). New methods clear the dust off old biopsies. RNA sequencing of FFPE kidney biopsies.
- (2019). Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in clear cell renal cell cancer and renal fibrosis.
- (2021). Synuclein Alpha Accumulation Drives Lysosomal Dysfunction in Fabry Podocytopathy.
- (2020). Systems Analyses of Renal Fabry Transcriptome and Response to Enzyme Replacement Therapy (ERT) Identifies a Cross-Validated and Druggable ERT-Resistant Module.
- (2020). RENAL POLYVINYLPYRROLIDONE DEPOSITION IN DRUG ADDICTED PATIENTS – HISTOLOGICAL AND ULTRASTRUCTURAL FINDINGS .
- (2018). Fine needle aspirates of kidneys are usable for RNA sequencing like regular core biopsies.
- (2018). Fabry nephropathy: Transcriptome sequencing of microdissected renal compartments from archival kidney biopsies at baseline, and after 5 & 10 years of enzyme replacement therapy.
- (2018). Expanding the utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded archives: Feasability of miRNA-sequencing for disease exploration and biomarker development from biopsies with clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
- (2016). Development and Confirmation of Gene Classifiers of Human Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Using Next-Generation Sequencing [Abstract].
- (2016). Detection and Validation of Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition(EMT) with Increased Expression of Axl and MMP-14 in Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- (2018). Correction to: High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology.
Academic literature review
- (2021). International Society of Nephrology Global Kidney Health Atlas: structures, organization, and services for the management of kidney failure in Western Europe. Kidney International Supplements (KI Supplements). e106-e118.
- (2020). Proteomics for the study of new biomarkers in Fabry disease: State of the art. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 86-93.
- (2020). Fibrosis and Cancer: Shared Features and Mechanisms suggest common Targeted Therapeutic Approaches. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1-9.
- (2016). Nephropathology: A cornerstone for understanding and estimation of recent advances in glomerular diseases. BANTAO Journal. 60-63.
Professor I and Dr. h.c.
Leader of the Renal Research Group