Hans Petter Eikesdal (HPE) is a consultant medical & radiation oncologist, working in the Dept. of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway (https://helse-bergen.no/en/avdelinger/kreftbehandling-og-medisinsk-fysik...).
His clinical work is dedicated to patients with breast cancer and malignant melanoma, and he is a member of the executive committee for the Norwegian Breast Cancer Group (https://nbcg.no/about/), setting the national guidelines for treatment of breast cancer in Norway (https://www.helsebiblioteket.no/retningslinjer/brystkreft/forord;jsessio...).
He is a senior researcher in the Bergen Breast Cancer Group, leading a research group studying the molecular characteristics governing resistance to endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in hormone receptor positive breast cancer and chemoresistance in triple negative breast cancer. He is the national coordinating principal investigator of the PETREMAC (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02624973) and p53 breast trials (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02965950), where patients with breast cancer are given personalized cancer therapy, based on the molecular subtype of the tumor.
HPE completed his PhD degree in 2002, with Professor Olav Dahl as the main supervisor. He worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University, USA, 2007-09 in Professor Raghu Kalluri´s Division of Matrix Biology, and has an ongoing collaboration with Professor Kalluri at his current work site at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. HPE joined the Bergen Breast Cancer Group in 2009, as a senior researcher. He was employed as Professor in a 20% position at Dept. of Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, from October 2018.
- 2016. MEDIKAMENTELL KREFTBEHANDLING - CYTOSTATIKABOKEN Kapittel 19 - Hormoner og antihormoner. 661 pages. ISBN: 978-82-992331-4-9.
- 2018. BMP7 Signaling in TGFBR2-deficient Stromal Cells Provokes Epithelial Carcinogenesis. Molecular Cancer Research. 12 pages. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-18-0120
- 2018. BMP7 Signaling in TGFBR2-Deficient Stromal Cells Provokes Epithelial Carcinogenesis. Molecular Cancer Research. 16: 1568-1578. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-18-0120
- 2018. Divergent activity of the pseudogene PTENP1 in ER-positive and negative breast cancer. Molecular Cancer Research. 16: 78-89. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-17-0207
- 2017. High PTEN gene expression is a negative prognostic marker in human primary breast cancers with preserved p53 function. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 163: 177-190. doi: 10.1007/s10549-017-4160-5
- 2017. Activation of Akt characterizes estrogen receptor positive human breast cancers which respond to anthracyclines. OncoTarget. 8: 41227-41241. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.17167
- 2016. Heterogenous perivascular cell coverage affects breast cancer metastasis and response to chemotherapy. JCI Insight. 1: e90733. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.90733
- 2016. Lymphatic vessels regulate immune microenvironments in human and murine melanoma. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 126: 3389-3402. doi: 10.1172/JCI79434
- 2016. Impaired lymphatic function accelerates cancer growth. OncoTarget. 7: 45789-45802. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.9953
- 2016. BRCA1/2 testing in newly diagnosed breast and ovarian cancer patients without prior genetic counselling: the DNA-BONus study. European Journal of Human Genetics. 24: 881-888. doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2015.196
- 2014. The emergence of targeted drugs in breast cancer to prevent resistance to endocrine treatment and chemotherapy. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy. 15: 681-700. doi: 10.1517/14656566.2014.885952
- 2014. TP53 status predicts long-term survival in locally advanced breast cancer after primary chemotherapy. Acta Oncologica. 53: 1347-1355. doi: 10.3109/0284186X.2014.922215
- 2014. Tannhelse ved bruk av bisfosfonater mot brystkreft. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 134: 1451-1451. Published 2014-08-19. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.14.0717
- 2014. Tannproblemer og adjuvant bisfosfonatbehandling hos pasienter med brystkreft. Den norske tannlegeforenings tidende. 124: 571.
- 2013. Tumor vasculature: the Achilles' heel of cancer? Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 17: 7-20. doi: 10.1517/14728222.2013.730522
- 2013. Aromatase inhibition 2013: clinical state of the art and questions that remain to be solved. Endocrine-Related Cancer. 20: R183-R201. doi: 10.1530/ERC-13-0099
- 2013. Lethal pneumonitis after docetaxel chemotherapy: Case report and review of the literature. Acta Oncologica. 52: 1034-1040. doi: 10.3109/0284186X.2012.750734
- 2012. Clinical efficacy and safety of bevacizumab monotherapy in patients with metastatic melanoma: predictive importance of induced early hypertension. PLoS ONE. 7. 8 pages. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0038364
- 2009. Drug resistance associated with antiangiogenesis therapy. Seminars in Cancer Biology. 19: 310-317.
- 2008. Identification of amino acids essential for the antiangiogenic activity of tumstatin and its use in combination antitumor therapy. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 105: 15040-15045.
- 2008. COMPLETE SEPARATION AND PHENOTYPING OF THE TUMOR-HOST CELLULAR COMPARTMENTS IN TUMOR-BEARING NOD/SCID MICE. Neuro-Oncology. 10: 853-854.
- 2008. Complete separation and phenotyping of the tumor-host cellular compartments in tumor bearing nod/scid mice. Neuro-Oncology. 10: 1148-1148.
- 2008. A novel eGFP-expressing immunodeficient mouse model to study tumor-host interactions. The FASEB Journal. 22: 3120-3128. doi: 10.1096/fj.08-109611
- 1996. In vitro toksikologi på proximale tubuli celler. Medisinsk særoppgave, Universitetet i Bergen. 27 pages.
- 2016. Kapittel 14 - Tubulinhemmere. Kapittel 14, pages . In:
- 2016. Medikamentell kreftbehandling - Cytostatikaboken 8. utgave 2016. 661 pages. ISBN: 978-82-992331-4-9.
- 2016. Kapittel 7 - Metabolske forstyrrelser ved kreft. Kapittel 7, pages . In:
- 2011. The multifaceted role of cancer associated fibroblasts in tumor progression. Chapter 19, pages 361-380. In:
- 2011. Tumor-associated fibroblasts and their matrix. Springer. 452 pages. ISBN: 9789400706583.