- Phone+47 55 58 68 60
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2000. Genotype Profiles of Rotavirus Strains from Children in a Suburban Community in Guinea-Bissau, Western Africa. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 38: 264-267.
- 2000. Protection from cholera by adding lime juice to food - results form community and laboratory studies in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa. Tropical medicine & international health. 5: 418-422.
- 2001. Seven years' experience with Cryptosporidium parvum in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics. 21: 313-318.
- 2002. Protective immunity after natural rotavirus infection. A community cohort study of newborn children in Guinea-Bisau, West Africa. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 186: 593-597.
- 2002. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infections and diarrhea in a cohort of young children in Guinea-Bissau. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 186. 1740-1747.
- 2002. Molecular epidemiological study of Salmonella enterica serovar paratyphi B infections imported from Turkey to Western Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases. 34: 5-10.
- 2002. Rotavirus particles cansurvive storage in ambient tropical temperatures for more than 2 months. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 40: 4763-4764.
- 2003. Protection from natural infections with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli: longitudinal study. The Lancet. 362: 286-291.
- 2000. Molecular epidemiological study of Salmonella enterica Serovar Paratyphi B infections imported from Turkey.
- 2002. Community-based surveillance of rotavirus infections in Guinea-Bissau.
- 2002. Protective immunity conferred by natural rotavirus infection.
- 2020. Vaginal colonisation of women in labour with potentially pathogenic bacteria: A cross sectional study at three primary health care facilities in Central Uganda. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-10.
- 2020. Distinct Metabolic Features of Pathogenic Escherichia coli and Shigella spp. Determined by Label‐Free Quantitative Proteomics. Proteomics.
- 2019. Immunizations with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli heat-stable toxin conjugates engender toxin-neutralizing antibodies in mice that also cross-react with guanylin and uroguanylin. Infection and Immunity. 1-12.
- 2019. Experimental infection of human volunteers with the heat-stable enterotoxin-producing enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strain TW11681. Pathogens. 1-14.
- 2019. A New Human Challenge Model for Testing Heat-Stable Toxin-Based Vaccine Candidates for Enterotoxigenic Escherichia Coli Diarrhea - Dose Optimization, Clinical Outcomes, and CD4+ T Cell Responses. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 19 pages.
- 2018. Proliferation of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strain TW11681 in stools of experimentally infected human volunteers. Gut Pathogens. 8 pages.
- 2018. Longitudinal cohort study of serum antibody responses towards Giardia lamblia variant-specific surface proteins in a non-endemic area. Experimental parasitology. 66-72.
- 2018. Comparative proteomics of enterotoxigenic escherichia coli reveals differences in surface protein production and similarities in metabolism. Journal of Proteome Research. 325-336.
- 2016. Salivary IgA from the sublingual compartment as a novel noninvasive proxy for intestinal immune induction. Mucosal Immunology. 884-893.
- 2016. An evidenced-based scale of disease severity following human challenge with enteroxigenic Escherichia coli. PLOS ONE.
- 2015. Improving genome annotation of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli TW10598 by a label-free quantitative MS/MS approach. Proteomics. 3826-3834.
- 2014. Experimental infection of healthy volunteers with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli wild-type strain TW10598 in a hospital ward. BMC Infectious Diseases. 9 pages.
- 2012. Draft genome sequences of the diarrheagenic escherichia coli collection. Journal of Bacteriology. 3026-3027.
- 2012. Case/Control studies with follow-up: constructing the source population to estimate effects of risk factors on development, disease, and survival. Clinical Infectious Diseases. s262-s270.
- 2011. A Comparative genomic analysis of diverse clonal types of enterotoxigenic escherichia coli reveals pathovar-specific conservation. Infection and Immunity. 950-960.
- 2010. Ancestral Lineages of Human Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2916-2924.
- 2008. Multi-country analysis of the effects of diarrhoea on childhood stunting. International Journal of Epidemiology. 816-830.
- 2007. Molecular evolution of typical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli: Clonal analysis by multilocus sequence typing and virulence gene allelic profiling. Journal of Bacteriology. 342-350.
- 2007. Community cohort study of Cryptosporidium parvum infections: sex-differential incidences associated with BCG and diptheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccinations. Vaccine. 2733-2741.
- 2006. Community cohort study of rotavirus and other enteropathogens: Are routine vaccinations associated with sex-differential incidence rates? Vaccine. 4737-4746.
- 2006. Allelic subtyping of the intimin locus (eae) of pathogenic Escherichia coli by fluorescent RFLP. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 80-87.
- 2004. Protection from natural infections with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli: longitudinal study. Ugeskrift for læger. 4051-4053.
- 2004. Identification and molecular characterization of the gene encoding coli surface antigen 20 of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 131-138.
- 2004. Clonal relatedness of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from a cohort of young children in Guinea-Bissau. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 3100-3107.
- 2003. Protection from natural infections with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli: longitudinal study. The Lancet. 286-291.
- 2003. Cohort study of Guinean children: incidence, pathogenicity, conferred protection and attributable risk for enteropathogens during the first 2 years of life. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 4245 pages.
- 1999. Community-based randomized controlled trial of reduced osmolarity oral rehydration solution in acute childhood diarrhea. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 789-795.
- 1996. Colonization factors of enterotoxigenic Esherichia coli isolated from children in North India. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 768-776.
- 1996. Colonization factors of enterotoxigenic Echerichia coli isolated from children in North India. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 768-776.
- 2019. Comprehensive characterization and kinetics of circulating lymphocytes in human volunteers experimentally infected with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli.
- 2018. Human experimental infection with ST-only enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli wild-type strain TW11681.
- 2018. ETEC strain TW10722 may be suitable for use in vaccine challenge studies for testing heat-stable toxoid based vaccine candidates.
- 2017. Developing a controlled human infection model for testing heat-stable toxoid-based vaccine candidates for enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli diarrhea.
- 1998. An open controlled community-based study on the effect of dietary treatment and vitamin and mineral supplementation on the short- and long-term nutritional outcome of persistent diarrhoea in a West African Country.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 1995. A DNA binding study of the Atlantic salmon transcription factor PIT-1 (cand.scient.).
- 2018. Quantitation of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli strain TW11681 in stools of experimentally infected human volunteers.
- 2018. Comprehensive characterization of circulating T follicular helper cells and plasmablasts in human volunteers experimentally infected with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli.
Academic literature review
- 2020. Human mucosal IgA immune responses against enterotoxigenic escherichia coli. Pathogens. 1-19.
- 2010. Molecular mechanisms of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection. Microbes and infection. 89-98.