Our brain is continuously in development from early infancy to adulthood. We know that functions that related to self-regulation are dependent on maturation of the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are critical for the interplay between the different functional networks in the brain and are broadly involved in regulation of behavior, impulse control and cognitive control. For example, most school-age children have learned to regulate feelings and impulses, and are functioning well in a classroom setting, while some children might struggle to regulate their emotions. We believe that some of the problems in children are caused by alterations in the of the control networks in the brain. Therefore, I want to learn more about the development of these networks in children and adolescents with neuropsychiatric conditions, especially Tourette syndrome and ADHD. I investigate different aspects of self-regulation, performance monitoring and attention across diagnostic groups in a long-term perspective in children and adults through neuropsychological testing and imaging techniques such as electroencephalography, event related potentials and MRI brain scans.
- Lab management: In charge of technical and administrative operation of the electroencephalography and event related potential lab at the department of biological and medical psychology.
- Contribute to planning, acquisition and analysis of EEG/ERP experiments.
- Responsible for MR acquisition related to EEG/ERP research projects.
- 2021. Post-error adjustment among children aged 7 years with a familial high risk of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder: A population-based cohort study. Development and Psychopathology.
- 2020. Utfordrende atferd og eksplosive raseriutbrudd ved Tourettes syndrom.
- 2020. Tourettes syndrom.
- 2020. Lower Cardiac Vagal Activity Predicts Self-Reported Difficulties With Emotion Regulation in Adolescents With ADHD. Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- 2019. Hvor kommer ticsene fra? 2-RETTE NORSK TOURETTE FORENINGEN. 26-27.
- 2019. Case Report: No effect of electrical transcranial direct current stimulation adjunct treatment for epilepsia partialis continua in POLG disease. Epilepsy and Behavior Case Reports (EBCR).
- 2019. Atferdsterapeutiske behandlinger ved Tourettes syndrom.
- 2018. Utvikling av evne til å undertrykke tics hos barn og unge med Tourettes syndrom. 2-RETTE NORSK TOURETTE FORENINGEN. 24-25.
- 2018. Sustained Attention and Interference Control Among 7-Year-Old Children With a Familial High Risk of Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder-A Nationwide Observational Cohort Study. Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging. 704-712.
- 2018. Keeping emotions in mind: The influence of working memory capacity on parent-reported symptoms of emotional lability in a sample of children with and without ADHD. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
2017: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of biological and medical psychology, University of Bergen
2010: Doctor of Medicine (Dr. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
2002: Medical State Examination (cand. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
1995: Human and veterinarian Medical technical assistant, Naturwissenschaftliches Technikum, Landau/Pfalz, German