Our brain is continuously in development from early infancy to adulthood. We know that functions that related to self-regulation are dependent on maturation of the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are critical for the interplay between the different functional networks in the brain and are broadly involved in regulation of behavior, impulse control and cognitive control. For example, most school-age children have learned to regulate feelings and impulses, and are functioning well in a classroom setting, while some children might struggle to regulate their emotions. We believe that some of the problems in children are caused by alterations in the of the control networks in the brain. Therefore, I want to learn more about the development of these networks in children and adolescents with neuropsychiatric conditions, especially Tourette syndrome and ADHD. I investigate different aspects of self-regulation, performance monitoring and attention across diagnostic groups in a long-term perspective in children and adults through neuropsychological testing and imaging techniques such as electroencephalography, event related potentials and MRI brain scans.
- Lab management: In charge of technical and administrative operation of the electroencephalography and event related potential lab at the department of biological and medical psychology.
- Contribute to planning, acquisition and analysis of EEG/ERP experiments.
- Responsible for MR acquisition related to EEG/ERP research projects.
- (2022). YGTSS-R Yale Global Tic Severity Scale – Revidert: skåringsmanual. Helsebiblioteket.no.
- (2022). Ny retningslinje for Tourettes syndrom. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2022). Kjønnsforskjeller ved Tourettes syndrom. Norsk Tourette forening 2-rette. 28-30.
- (2021). YGTSS-R - Yale Global Tic Severity Scale - Revidert.
- (2021). YGTSS - Yale Global Tic Severity Scale.
- (2021). Post-error adjustment among children aged 7 years with a familial high risk of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder: A population-based cohort study. Development and Psychopathology.
- (2021). Kunnskapsbasert retningslinje Tourettes syndrom.
- (2021). European clinical guidelines for Tourette syndrome and other tic disorders—version 2.0. Part III: pharmacological treatment. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2021). EDY-Q - Eating Disorder in Youth-Questionnaire.
- (2020). Lower Cardiac Vagal Activity Predicts Self-Reported Difficulties With Emotion Regulation in Adolescents With ADHD. Frontiers in Psychiatry.
2017: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of biological and medical psychology, University of Bergen
2010: Doctor of Medicine (Dr. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
2002: Medical State Examination (cand. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
1995: Human and veterinarian Medical technical assistant, Naturwissenschaftliches Technikum, Landau/Pfalz, German