- Visitor AddressAllégaten 705007 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
Mostly working on projects where I use and develop our in house ocean model, the Bergen Ocean Model (BOM): http://org.uib.no/bom/.
Examples of applications are modeling dispersion of water masses with pollutants, such as micro plastics, in the fjord system around Bergen, dispersion of dissolved CO2 in the North Sea and methods to aid detection of seeps, see publication list.
- (2022). Topographic effects on buoyancy driven flows along the slope. Environmental Fluid Mechanics. 1-20.
- (2022). Assuring the integrity of offshore carbon dioxide storage. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. 9 pages.
- (2020). Impact and detectability of hypothetical CCS offshore seep scenarios as an aid to storage assurance and risk assessment. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control.
- (2019). The role of eddies on pathways, transports, and entrainment in dense water flows along a slope. Ocean Dynamics. 841-860.
- (2018). Effects of the bottom boundary condition in numerical investigations of dense water cascading on a slope. Ocean Dynamics. 553-573.
- (2017). Using Bayes theorem to quantify and reduce uncertainties when monitoring varying marine environments for indications of a leak. Energy Procedia. 3607-3612.
- (2016). Simulating spatial and temporal varying CO2 signals fromsources at the seafloor to help designing risk-basedmonitoring programs. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. 745-757.
- (2016). Gravity currents down canyons: effects of rotation. Ocean Dynamics. 1353-1378.
- (2015). Layout of CCS monitoring infrastructure with highest probability of detecting a footprint of a CO2 leak in a varying marine environment. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. 274-279.
- (2015). Internal pressure gradient errors in σ-coordinate ocean models in high resolution fjord studies. Ocean Modelling. 42-55.
- (2012). Stratified flow over complex topography: A model study of the bottom drag and associated mixing. Continental Shelf Research. 41-52.
- (2019). Underpinning data for monitoring activities (including current statistics and carbon tracer quantifications). .
- (2019). Strøm- og temperaturforhold i Evangervatnet under smoltutgangen i 2018. 330. 330. .
- (2019). Modelling of extreme currents along the planned bridge in Bjørnafjorden. Part II: the importance of mixing schemes . .
- (2018). Modelling of extreme currents along the planned bridge in Bjørnafjorden. .
- (2014). Technical report on environmental conditions and possible leak scenarios in the North Sea. .
- (2013). Technical report on verified and validated application of droplet/bubble plume-, geochemical- and general flow- models. .
- (2012). Numerisk simulering av strøm i Sørfjorden. 29. 29. .
- (2011). Tracking of passive, neutrally buoyant particles using the Bergen Ocean Model. 27. 27. .
- (1998). A study of two new splitting methods for the gravity part of the shallow water equations. 145. 145. .
- (1998). A convergence study of two prognostic, sigma coordinate ocean models on a density driven flow in a quadratic basin. 157. 157. .
- (1998). A convergence study of two prognostic, sigma coordinate ocean models on a dencity driven flow in a quadratic basin. No. 157. No. 157. .
- (2018). Effekten av Evanger kraftverk på strømforholda i Evangervatnet under smoltutgangen 2018 – målingar og modeller.
- (2022). Modelling the fate of sinking microplastics in an urban fjord in western Norway .
- (2018). Machine Learning in CO2 leak detection.
- (2018). Ensuring efficient and robust offshore storage – the role of marine system modelling.
- (2018). Combining Models and Machine Learning Techniques to Design Leak Detection Monitoring .
- (2018). Combining Environmental Statistics and Marine Process Modelling to Design Monitoring Programs for Offshore CO2 Storage.
- (2017). The role of Ekman drainage in numerical investigations of dense water cascading on a slope: Sensitivity to vertical resolution and bottom boundary condition.
- (2013). Spatial footprint of a leak.
- (2000). On the choice of numerical algorithms for ocean modeling.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2017). Numerical investigations of dense water cascading on a slope - the role of the bottom boundary layer. 13 pages.
- (2019). Ensuring efficient and robust carbon storage: marine modelling for environmental monitoring.
- (2018). Model Reduction for Tracer Transport and Applications.
- (2018). Mathematical methods for detection and localization of CO2 leaks.
- (2017). Bayes’ theorem as the fundament to design monitoring programs.
- (2017). Assessment of machine learning methods as a tool in detecting leakages.
- (2017). Assessment of Topological Data Analysis and Machine Learning Technologies as Tools for Seep Detection.
- (2016). Using Bayes Theorem to Quantify and Reduce Uncertainties when Monitoring Varying Marine Environments for Indications of a Leak.
- (2016). Bayes’ theorem as the fundament to design monitoring programs.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Fields of competence