Helge Pettersen works on projects of his own connected to the philosophy of Nietzsche, Deleuze, particularly the philosophy of the body and of desire, subjectivation, philosophy of cinema, Baudrillard and Perniola, the culture of simulacra.
Pettersen organises a bookproject with the intention of releasing a book in connection with the ninety year anniversary of Deleuze's birth in 2015.
He has been central in the development of the Researchgroup for Subjectivation and Late Modernity, with seminars i Bergen, and in Rome in cooperation with Mario Perniola (Tor Vergata) and Kristine Træland. Papers are to be published from seminars.
In his teaching at FoF in recent years Helge Pettersen has lectured on the philosophies of Nietzsche, Bataille, Deleuze, Guattari, Baudrillard, Klossowski, Perniola and other thinkers often associated with the open category of poststructuralism, containing a wide range of interconnected subjects, from subjectivation, the body, the problems of late modernity, religion, eroticism and death, to the philosophy of art and cinema. Pettersen has also lectured on the existentialism of Dostoevsky via the interpretations by the russian thinkers Berdyayev and Shestov.
Pettersen has been the main supervisor of 16 masterstudents who have completed their degrees at FoF at UiB, Bergen.
- 2013. From Expression to Simulation and Beyond. Sense/Feeling in Music and its changing Conditions seen throough the Territpries and Lines of Flight of Coltrane and Hendrix.
- 2013. "Welles, Deleuze og filmen".
- 2012. "Nietzsches sammenbrudd i Torino".
- 2012. "Introduksjon til Permiolas bok "Del Sentire".
- 2012. ""I fjor i Marienbad" sett i lys av Deleuzes filmfilosofi".
- 2011. Kunstens krise i det senmoderne i Baudrillards sikt.
- 2011. "Hvorfor har ikke alt allerede forsvunnet?".
- 2018. Deleuze i vest. Morgana Press.
- 2004. Georges Bataille Vinden fra utsiden. 23.
- 2002. A course in mathematics and physics for undergraduate students and secondary school teachers in Greece.
- 1999. Kompendium i datateknikk.
- 2018. Filmens filosofi som cinematisk filosofi. 25 pages.
- 2018. Deleuze i vest (forord). 6 pages.
Helge Pettersen: Nietzsche - lidelse og menneskedannelse. Ariadne. Bergen. 1991, 167 pages (book).
Helge Pettersen: Georges Bataille - vinden fra utsiden. Filosofisk institutts skriftserie no.23. Bergen.2004. 214 pages (book)