Henriette's research communication and media coverage:
- Uncovering the secrets of cellular motility, InCyte bog interview https://www.essenbioscience.com/en/about/decoding-cells-blog/2019/dec/9/uncovering-secrets-cellular-motility/
- Hyper motile cells revealed by IncuCyte, InCytes Publication newsletter https://www.essenbioscience.com/en/news-events/news/incytes-newsletter/vol-2-2019/#2
- TIRFing the Master’s degree to shore (as main supervisor for Monica Hellesvik) https://www.uib.no/fg/nat/132222/masteravhandlingen-ble-tirfet-i-land
- Practicing pitching their research in front of a camera in Momentum career program for outstanding young researchers https://www.uib.no/aktuelt/131543/trener-foran-kamera
- Faculty of Medicine faculty day - Received, on behalf of all coauthors in the Arnesen lab, award for best publication in 2018 for the back-to-back artikles in PNAS 2018 https://www.uib.no/med/127879/festdag-fakultetet og https://www.uib.no/en/biomedisin/127600/paper-year-2018
Cellular espionage in the NAT cell lab https://www.uib.no/en/biomedisin/127266/cellular-espionage-nat-cell-lab
- Protein acetylation gets some respect—A commentary by Henriette Aksnes, Cell Reports blog http://crosstalk.cell.com/blog/in-acetylation-gets-some-respect-commentary-by-henriette-aksnes
- Best poster award, NBS contact meeting 2019 https://www.uib.no/en/biomedisin/124239/fast-and-furious-poster-surprize-nbs-contact-meeting-2019
- N-terminal acetylering letter på trykket https://www.uib.no/fg/protmetd/89079/n-terminal-acetylering-letter-på-trykket
- Protein function can be revealed by microscopy http://www.uib.no/en/rg/nat/101158/protein-function-can-be-revealed-microscopy
- Hangin’ out at the Golgi http://www.uib.no/fg/nat/105912/hangin’-out-golgi
- Cellular GPS-system reveals new territory for an influential enzyme family http://www.uib.no/en/rg/protmetd/86627/cellular-gps-system-reveals-new-territory-influential-enzyme-family
- ZONA award 2014 http://www.uib.no/en/mbi/85205/zona-award-2015
- New PhD press release http://www.uib.no/en/node/62421
- 2020. N-terminal acetylation of actin by NAA80 is essential for structural integrity of the Golgi apparatus. Experimental Cell Research. 1-9.
- 2020. Exploiting the potential of commercial digital holographic microscopy by combining it with 3D matrix cell culture assays. Scientific Reports. 1-14.
- 2018. NAA80 is actin’s N-terminal acetyltransferase and regulates cytoskeleton assembly and cell motility. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 4399-4404.
- 2018. N-terminal acetylation levels are maintained during acetyl-CoA deficiency in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 2309-2323.
- 2018. Actin polymerization and cell motility are affected by NAA80-mediated posttranslational N-terminal acetylation of actin. Communicative & Integrative Biology.
- 2017. Molecular determinants of the N-Terminal acetyltransferase Naa60 anchoring to the Golgi membrane. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 6821-6837.
- 2016. Microscopy-based Saccharomyces cerevisiae complementation model reveals functional conservation and redundancy of N-terminal acetyltransferases. Scientific Reports. 10 pages.
- 2015. Molecular, cellular, and physiological significance of N-terminal acetylation. International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology. 267-305.
- 2015. An organellar Nα-acetyltransferase, Naa60, acetylates cytosolic n termini of transmembrane proteins and maintains golgi integrity. Cell reports. 1362-1374.
- 2013. N-Terminal Acetylation by NatC Is Not a General Determinant for Substrate Subcellular Localization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLOS ONE. 7 pages.
- 2011. The human N-Alpha-Acetyltransferase 40 (hNaa40p/hNatD) is conserved from yeast and N-terminally acetylates histones H2A and H4. PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- 2015. Metabolic Regulation of N-Terminal Acetylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- 2020. Spying on the cells using holographic live cell imaging - revealing increased metastatic potential for cancer cells lacking NAA80 (Talk by Monica Hellesvik selected from Abstracts) .
- 2020. Efficient and crucial quality control of HAP1 cell ploidy status (Talk selected from abstracts).
- 2019. Knockout of the posttranslational actin modifier NAA80/NatH cause Golgi fragmentation (Talk selected from abstract).
- 2019. Actin N-terminal acetylation impacts Golgi structural integrity (Talk by Tobias B. Beigl selected from abstracts).
- 2015. Holding it together: Naa60 at the Golgi. OncoTarget. 15726-15727.
- 2020. The Impact of N-terminal Acetylation on Actin Polymerization and Cell Migration.
- 2020. Impact of Actin N-terminal Acetylation on Small Cell Lung Carcinoma Cell Invasiveness.
- 2009. Time-lapse imaging of Arc/Arg3.1 protein degradation in hippocampal neurons using the novel photoconvertible fluorescent protein Dendra2.
- 2014. N-terminal acetyltransferases NatC and NatF: cellular functions and substrates.
- 2020. The Impact of NAA80 and Actin N-terminal Acetylation on Drug Sensitivity.
- 2020. Spying on the cells using holographic live cell imaging - revealing increased metastatic potential for cancer cells lacking NAA80 .
- 2020. Impact of N‐terminal acetylation on cancer cell invasiveness.
- 2020. Efficient and crucial quality control of HAP1 cell ploidy status.
- 2019. NAA80 KO cells – Fast and Furious? Actin N-terminal acetylation by NatH/NAA80 affects cell adhesion and early cell spreading.
- 2019. Knockout of the posttranslational actin modifier NAA80/NatH cause Golgi fragmentation.
- 2019. Impact of actin N-terminal acetylation.
- 2019. Actin N-terminal acetylation impacts Golgi structural integrity.
- 2018. Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth assays and proteomics reveal functional conservation, redundancy and substrates of N-terminal acetyltransferases.
- 2018. N-terminal acetylation of actin by NAA80 impacts cell migration.
- 2018. Discovery of NAA80 as actin’s N-terminal acetyltransferase – a novel regulator of cytoskeleton dynamics.
- 2018. Actin Acetylation.
- 2016. Dynamic aspects of protein N-terminal acetylation in response to changes in nutrient availability.
- 2015. Targeting of membrane proteins by means of N-terminal acetylation.
- 2015. N-terminal acetylation meets the organelles.
- 2015. Metabolic Regulation of Protein N-terminal Acetylation.
- 2015. Evolutionary conservation of N-terminal acetyltransferase C (NatC) from yeast to human.
- 2012. N-terminal acetyltransferase 30 (Naa30p/NatC) - Phenotypes of S. Cerevisiae naa30Δ strains.
- 2012. ISOLATION OF SECRETED PROTEINS FROM YEAST AND MAMMALIAN CELL CULTURE.
- 2012. GLUCOSE DEPENDENT DYNAMIC N-TERMINAL ACETYLATION IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE.
- 2012. Dynamicity and functional implications of N-terminal acetylation in S. cerevisiae.
- 2012. Depletion of the N-terminal acetyltransferase hNaa30p disrupts Golgi integrity.
- 2009. Time-lapse imaging of Arc protein degradation and synthesis in hippocampal neurons.
Academic literature review
- 2019. Co-translational, post-translational, and non-catalytic roles of N-terminal acetyltransferases. 1097-1114.
- 2016. First things first: Vital protein marks by N-terminal acetyltransferases. 746-760.
- 2015. (Hyper)tension release by N-terminal acetylation. 422-424.
See all publications in PubMed: