- 2017. Fostering the 'intercultural reader'? An empirical study of socio-cultural approaches to EFL literature. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. Published 2017-11-30. doi: 10.1080/00313831.2017.1402366
- 2014. A critical discussion of Byram's model of intercultural communicative competence in the light of Bildung theories. Intercultural Education. 25: 508-517. doi: 10.1080/14675986.2014.992112
- 2013. "Self" and "Other" in meaningful interaction : using fiction to develop intercultural competence in the English classrom. Tidsskriftet FoU i praksis. 7: 27-50.
Reports and theses
- 2019. Rethinking approaches to intercultural competence and literary reading in the 21st century English as a foreign language classroom. Universitetet i Bergen.
- 2018. Intercultural competence. Kapittel 3, pages 67-89. In:
- 2018. Teaching English in the 21st Century: Central Issues in English Didactics. Fagbokforlaget. 384 pages. ISBN: 978-82-4502239-1.
- 2016. From 'Intercultural Speaker' to 'Intercultural Reader': A Proposal to Reconceptualize Intercultural Communicative Competence Through a Focus on Literary Reading. Chapter 4, pages 51-71. In:
- 2016. Intercultural Competence in Education: Alternative Approaches for Different Times. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN: 978-1-137-58732-9.
Fields of competence