Hilde Marie Engjom
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31BergenRoom119
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Health systems and maternal and perinatal health.
Registry based research, quality control and improved access to linked data
Health as a human right, MEDINTH/GLOBALHELSE
Clinical Ethics, with Kristine Bærøe, MEDKLS
The Norwegian Healthcare system, with Ingvild Fossgård Sandøy, MEDSAM
- 2018. Risk of eclampsia or HELLP-syndrome by institution availability and place of delivery - A population-based cohort study. Pregnancy Hypertension. 14: 1-8. doi: 10.1016/j.preghy.2018.05.005
- 2018. Risiko for peripartum perinatal død ved fødsler i fødestue. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 138: 1213-1213. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.18.0625
- 2017. Increased risk of peripartum perinatal mortality in unplanned births outside an institution: a retrospective population-based study. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 217: 210.e1-210.e12. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2017.03.033
- 2017. Reply. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 217: 495-496. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2017.06.035
- 2015. Internasjonalt samarbeid om spesialistutdanning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 135: 1662-1665. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.14.0895
- 2014. Availability and access in modern obstetric care: a retrospective population-based study. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 121: 290-299. doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.12510
- 2013. Folkehelse med vidvinkel. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 133: 1857. Published 2013-09-17. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.13.0885
- 2013. Availability and access in modern obstetric care: a retrospective population-based cohort study. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 120: 412-413.
- 2013. Utveksling av helsepersonell mellom Bergen og Zanzibar. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 133: 187-189. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.12.0796
- 2012. Helse som grunnleggande menneskerett. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 132: 1989. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.12.0787
- 2010. Mødrehelse og helsebistand. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 130. 2038-2040.
- 2018. Obstetric care in Norway - the role of institution availability and place of delivery for maternal and perinatal outcomes. Population-based retrospective cohort studies. Universitetet i Bergen.
My research project focus on health systems structure, in particular institution availablity and accessibility in relation to maternal and neonatal clinical outcomes. I also participate in an international collaboration addressing severe maternal morbidity (INOSS).
Since July 2015 I have also been working as medical doctor/researcher at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. In the project "Health Registries for Research" we aim to document quality and plan routine data linkage to monitor maternal health, particularly severe complications during pregnancy and childbirth. The project is funded by the Research Council of Norway.
I have a broad clinical experience in gynecology/obstetrics, abdominal and general surgery and I am currently on leave from my registrar position at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital.
Member of the Faculty Board at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry in 2015. Member of the Research Board at the University of Bergen 2015-2016.
Led the Norwegian Medical Association committee for human rights and global health from 2008 to 2016. Led the Norwegian Junior Doctors Association 2004-2005. Board member of the Norwegian Medical Association 2005-2007.
Postgraduate Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene from the University of Liverpool 2004.