As Head of department I have the overall responsibility for the activities of the department inlcuding research and education.
My own field of research is bioinformatics - development and application of informatics methods for the analysis of molecular biology data. My interests include methods for the automatic discovery of patterns, data analysis, algorithms and machine learning applied on molecular biology data. The research in my group includes tight collaboration with experimental groups wihtin different fields of biological and medical research. I work with analysis of different types of data including DNA sequences (including genomes), protein sequences and structures, gene expression data, and data generated usiing high-throughput technologies, e.g., next-generation sequencing. My group is also engaged in development and applicationof methods for integration of data and tools within bioinformatics.
I teach mostly bioinformatics courses, but I have also been teaching user courses in informatics and operating systems.
- 2021. The salmon louse genome: Copepod features and parasitic adaptations. Genomics. 3666-3680.
- 2021. The chemical defensome of five model teleost fish. Scientific Reports. 1-13.
- 2021. Episode 2 - Inge Jonassen forklarer sammenheng mellom kunstig intelligens og proteinfolding.
- 2021. Det er arbeidskrevende å gjøre data delbare! Khrono.no.
- 2020. Reconstructing ribosomal genes from large scale total RNA meta-transcriptomic data. Bioinformatics. 3365-3371.
- 2020. ReCodLiver0.9: Overcoming Challenges in Genome-Scale Metabolic Reconstruction of a Non-model Species. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. 10 pages.
- 2020. RASflow: an RNA-Seq analysis workflow with Snakemake. BMC Bioinformatics. 9 pages.
- 2020. Quantitative transcriptomics, and lipidomics in evaluating ovarian developmental effects in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) caged at a capped marine waste disposal site. Environmental Research. 1-11.
- 2020. På tide å sette av fem prosent av prosjektmidlene til datahåndtering? . Khrono.no.
- 2020. Metagenome-assembled genome distribution and key functionality highlight importance of aerobic metabolism in Svalbard permafrost. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 13 pages.
- 2020. How open databases turn out to be crucial in the fight against Covid-19. NBS-nytt. 38-43.
- 2020. Gene-methylation interactions: Discovering region-wise DNA methylation levels that modify SNP-associated disease risk. Clinical Epigenetics. 18 pages.
- 2020. Evaluation of a eukaryote phylogenetic microarray for environmental monitoring of marine sediments. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 1-9.
- 2020. End-to-End Data Management Toolkit for Norwegian Life Scientists.
- 2020. Common gene expression signatures in Parkinson’s disease are driven by changes in cell composition. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-14.
- 2020. Application of quantitative transcriptomics in evaluating the ex vivo effects of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances on Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) ovarian physiology. Science of the Total Environment. 1-11.
- 2020. A multi-omics approach to study Ppar-mediated regulation of lipid metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua).
- 2019. dCOD 1.0: DECODING THE SYSTEMS TOXICOLOGY OF ATLANTIC COD (GADUS MORHUA) – HIGHLIGHTS SO FAR.
- 2019. Toxicogenomic responses in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) after treatment with selected environmental contaminants in vivo and ex vivo.
- 2019. The chemical defensome of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua).
- 2019. THE CHEMICAL DEFENSOME OF ATLANTIC COD (GADUS MORHUA): HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM DEFENSOME NETWORKS IN OTHER TELEOST SPECIES?
- 2019. Repeated bronchoscopy examination of the airway microbiome. European Respiratory Journal.
- 2019. RASflow: An Easy-to-use RNA-Seq Analysis Workflow.
- 2019. ELIXIR.NO - The national infrastructure of bioinformatics.
- 2019. EFFECTS OF SELECTED ENVIRONMENTAL ESTROGENS ON EXPRESSION OF FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR SIGNALING PATHWAY GENES IN THE LIVER OF ATLANTIC COD (GADUS MORHUA) IN VIVO AND EX VIVO.
- 2019. Chemical warfare in the aquatic environment - The chemical defensome networks of model fish species.
- 2019. An Ensemble Feature Selection Framework Integrating Stability.
- 2019. An Ensemble Feature Selection Framework Integrating Stability. 7 pages.
- 2019. A Comparative Analysis of Feature Selection Methods for Biomarker Discovery in Study of Toxicant-treated Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua) Liver.
- 2019. A Comparative Analysis of Feature Selection Methods for Biomarker Discovery in Study of Toxicant-Treated Atlantic Cod (Gadus Morhua) Liver. 10 pages.
For publications, see also my https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=RqvFRN4AAAAJ&hl=no&oi=ao