As Head of department I have the overall responsibility for the activities of the department inlcuding research and education.
My own field of research is bioinformatics - development and application of informatics methods for the analysis of molecular biology data. My interests include methods for the automatic discovery of patterns, data analysis, algorithms and machine learning applied on molecular biology data. The research in my group includes tight collaboration with experimental groups wihtin different fields of biological and medical research. I work with analysis of different types of data including DNA sequences (including genomes), protein sequences and structures, gene expression data, and data generated usiing high-throughput technologies, e.g., next-generation sequencing. My group is also engaged in development and applicationof methods for integration of data and tools within bioinformatics.
I teach mostly bioinformatics courses, but I have also been teaching user courses in informatics and operating systems.
- (2022). LiceBase- An organism-Specific Database for Functional Genomics of Salmon Louse.
- (2022). Identifying predictors of survival in patients with leukemia using single-cell mass cytometry and machine learning. bioRxiv (preprint article).
- (2022). Early response evaluation by single cell signaling profiling in acute myeloid leukemia. Research Square.
- (2021). The salmon louse genome: Copepod features and parasitic adaptations. Genomics. 3666-3680.
- (2021). The chemical defensome of five model teleost fish. Scientific Reports. 1-13.
- (2021). SeeCiTe: a method to assess CNV calls from SNP arrays using trio data. Bioinformatics. 1876-1883.
- (2021). Repeated bronchoscopy in health and obstructive lung disease: is the airway microbiome stable? BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-12.
- (2021). Machine Learning Approaches for Biomarker Discovery Using Gene Expression Data.
- (2021). Episode 2 - Inge Jonassen forklarer sammenheng mellom kunstig intelligens og proteinfolding.
- (2021). Det er arbeidskrevende å gjøre data delbare! Khrono.no.
- (2021). Comprehensive characterization of copy number variation (CNV) called from array, long- and short-read data. BMC Genomics. 15 pages.
- (2021). A novel approach to co-expression network analysis identifies modules and genes relevant for moulting and development in the Atlantic salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis). BMC Genomics. 25 pages.
- (2020). Using Deep Learning to Extrapolate Protein Expression Measurements. Proteomics.
- (2020). Reconstructing ribosomal genes from large scale total RNA meta-transcriptomic data. Bioinformatics. 3365-3371.
- (2020). ReCodLiver0.9: Overcoming Challenges in Genome-Scale Metabolic Reconstruction of a Non-model Species. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences. 10 pages.
- (2020). RASflow: an RNA-Seq analysis workflow with Snakemake. BMC Bioinformatics. 9 pages.
- (2020). Quantitative transcriptomics, and lipidomics in evaluating ovarian developmental effects in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) caged at a capped marine waste disposal site. Environmental Research. 1-11.
- (2020). På tide å sette av fem prosent av prosjektmidlene til datahåndtering? . Khrono.no.
- (2020). Proteogenomics of Non-smoking Lung Cancer in East Asia Delineates Molecular Signatures of Pathogenesis and Progression. Cell. 226-244.e17.
- (2020). Metagenome-assembled genome distribution and key functionality highlight importance of aerobic metabolism in Svalbard permafrost. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 13 pages.
- (2020). How open databases turn out to be crucial in the fight against Covid-19. NBS-nytt. 38-43.
- (2020). Gene-methylation interactions: Discovering region-wise DNA methylation levels that modify SNP-associated disease risk. Clinical Epigenetics. 18 pages.
- (2020). Evaluation of a eukaryote phylogenetic microarray for environmental monitoring of marine sediments. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 1-9.
- (2020). End-to-End Data Management Toolkit for Norwegian Life Scientists.
- (2020). Common gene expression signatures in Parkinson’s disease are driven by changes in cell composition. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-14.
- (2020). Application of quantitative transcriptomics in evaluating the ex vivo effects of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances on Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) ovarian physiology. Science of the Total Environment. 1-11.
- (2020). A multi-omics approach to study Ppar-mediated regulation of lipid metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua).
- (2019). Toxicogenomic responses in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) after treatment with selected environmental contaminants in vivo and ex vivo.
- (2019). The bio.tools registry of software tools and data resources for the life sciences. Genome Biology. 4 pages.
- (2019). Repeated bronchoscopy examination of the airway microbiome. European Respiratory Journal.
For publications, see also my https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=RqvFRN4AAAAJ&hl=no&oi=ao