- 2021. Longitudinal Study of music Therapy's Effectiveness for Premature infants and their caregivers (LongSTEP): Feasibility study with a Norwegian cohort. The Journal of music therapy. 40 pages.
- 2020. Vitamin D Status in Early Childhood Is Not Associated With Cognitive Development and Linear Growth at 6-9 Years of Age in North Indian Children: A Cohort Study. Nutrition Journal. 9 pages.
- 2020. Vitamin B12, folate, and cognition in 6-to 9-year-olds: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics.
- 2020. The feasibility of the full and modified versions of the Alarm Distress Baby Scale (ADBB) and the prevalence of social withdrawal in Infants in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2020. Linear growth between early and late childhood and cognitive outcomes at 6 to 9 years of age. Journal of Pediatrics. 214-221.
- 2020. Effects of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurodevelopment and growth in Nepalese Infants: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS Medicine. 1-15.
- 2020. Effects of Two Weekly Servings of Cod for 16 weeks in Pregnancy on Maternal Iodine Status and Infant Neurodevelopment: Mommy's Food, a Randomized-Controlled Trial. Thyroid.
- 2020. Dietary intake and biomarkers of folate and cobalamin status in Norwegian preschool children: The FINS-KIDS Study . Journal of Nutrition. 1852-1858.
- 2020. Agreement between mothers and fieldworkers while assessing child development using ages and stages questionnaires, Third edition in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- 2019. Vitamin D status in preschool children and its relations to vitamin D sources and body mass index—Fish Intervention Studies-KIDS (FINS-KIDS). Nutrition - The International Journal of Applied and Basic Nutritional Sciences. 7 pages.
- 2019. The feasibility of the Ages and Stages Questionnaire for the assessment of child development in a community setting in Nepal. Child: Care, Health and Development. 394-402.
- 2019. The association between heart rate variability and neurocognitive and socio-emotional development in nepalese infants. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 1-10.
- 2019. Parental height modifies the association between linear growth and neurodevelopment in infancy. Acta Paediatrica. 1825-1832.
- 2019. Longitudinal study of music therapy's effectiveness for premature infants and their caregivers (LongSTEP): Protocol for an international randomised trial. BMJ Open. 1-16.
- 2019. Effect of antenatal and infant micronutrient supplementation on middle childhood and early adolescent development outcomes in Tanzania. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- 2019. Earthquake exposure and post-traumatic stress among nepalese mothers after the 2015 earthquakes. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2019. Dietary diversity and child development in the far west of Nepal: A cohort study. Nutrients. 1-14.
- 2019. Determinants of cognitive development in the early life of children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- 2018. Maternal and infant vitamin B12 status during infancy predict linear growth at 5 years. Pediatric Research. 611-618.
- 2018. Iodine status in Norwegian preschool children and associations with dietary iodine sources: the FINS-KIDS study. European Journal of Nutrition. 1-9.
- 2018. Fatty fish, hair mercury and cognitive function in Norwegian preschool children: Results from the randomized controlled trial FINS-KIDS. Environment International. 1098-1105.
- 2018. Fatty fish intake and the effect on mental health and sleep in preschool children in FINS-KIDS, a randomized controlled trial. Nutrients. 1-10.
- 2018. Fatty fish intake and cognitive function: FINS-KIDS, a randomized controlled trial in preschool children. BMC Medicine. 1-15.
- 2018. Erythrocyte DHA and AA in infancy is not associated with developmental status and cognitive functioning five years later in Nepalese children. Nutrition Journal. 1-9.
- 2018. Effects of cod intake in pregnancy on iodine nutrition and infant development: study protocol for Mommy’s Food - a randomized controlled trial. BMC Nutrition. 8 pages.
- 2018. Does early vitamin B12 supplementation improve neurodevelopment and cognitive function in childhood and into school age: a study protocol for extended follow-ups from randomised controlled trials in India and Tanzania. BMJ Open. 1-9.
- 2018. Cobalamin and folate status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 1-11.
- 2018. Acceptability and reliability of the Bayley Scales of infant and Toddler Development-III Among Children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2017. Vitamin-D status and neurodevelopment and growth in young north Indian children: a secondary data analysis. Nutrition Journal. 1-8.
- 2017. Vitamin B-12 status in infancy is positively associated with development and cognitive functioning 5 y later in Nepalese children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1122-1131.
- 2017. The effect of vitamin B12 supplementation in Nepalese infants on growth and development: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- 2017. How much do Nepalese mothers know about child development? Early Child Development and Care. 135-142.
- 2015. Vitamin B12 and folic acid improve gross motor and problem-solving skills in young North Indian children: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. PLOS ONE. 15 pages.
- 2015. Diarrhea, stimulation and growth predict neurodevelopment in young North Indian Children. PLOS ONE. 13 pages.
- 2013. The assessment of developmental status using the Ages and Stages questionnaire-3 in nutritional research in north Indian young children. Nutrition Journal.
- 2008. "It can save you if you just forget": Closeness and Competence as Conditions for Coping among Ugandan Orphans. Journal of Psychology in Africa. 445-455.
- 2020. Protocol and description of literature searches for the risk-benefit assessment of fish in the Norwegian diet. The Steering Committee of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. .
- 2019. Veien til Selvstendighet. Et prosjekt i barneverntjenesten for enslige mindreårige flyktninger i Bergen kommune. .
- 2019. Strategi for RBUP/RKBUssatsing på sped- og småbarnsfeltet 2019-2022 . .
- 2013. Nepsy.
- 2020. Real World Challenges in Research: When a Multi-nation Pragmatic Trial Meets a Pandemic.
- 2020. LongSTEP: Implementering av en internasjonal klinisk studie om musikkterapi for premature barn og deres foreldre .
Reader opinion piece
- 2011. For få psykologer? :. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 920.
- 2016. Biological risks and neurodevelopment in young North Indian children.
- 2014. Mange barn trenger mer B12.
Academic literature review
- 2019. Early life risk factors of motor, cognitive and language development: a pooled analysis of studies from low/middle-income countries. BMJ Open. 1-13.
- 2017. The effects of vitamin B12 supplementation in pregnancy and postpartum on growth and neurodevelopment in early childhood: Study Protocol for a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial. BMJ Open.