- (2021). The LongSTEP approach: Theoretical framework and intervention protocol for using parent-driven infant-directed singing as resource-oriented music therapy. Nordic journal of music therapy.
- (2021). Study design: Pathways to Independence – A study of unaccompanied minor refugees settled in a Norwegian city municipality. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 1-7.
- (2021). Potential traumatic events and symptoms of post‑traumatic stress in unaccompanied refugee minors—a comparison with youth in foster care. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 11 pages.
- (2021). One-Carbon Metabolism in Nepalese Infant-Mother Pairs and Child Cognition at 5 Years Old. Journal of Nutrition. 883-891.
- (2021). Maternal cod intake during pregnancy and infant development in the first year of life: Secondary analyses from a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Nutrition. 1879-1885.
- (2021). Longitudinal Study of music Therapy's Effectiveness for Premature infants and their caregivers (LongSTEP): Feasibility study with a Norwegian cohort. The Journal of music therapy. 40 pages.
- (2021). Gestational Age, Birth Weight, and Neurocognitive Development in Adolescents in Tanzania. Journal of Pediatrics. 194-203.e6.
- (2021). Cobalamin and folate status in women during early pregnancy in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS). 9 pages.
- (2020). Vitamin D Status in Early Childhood Is Not Associated With Cognitive Development and Linear Growth at 6-9 Years of Age in North Indian Children: A Cohort Study. Nutrition Journal. 9 pages.
- (2020). Vitamin B12, folate, and cognition in 6-to 9-year-olds: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics.
- (2020). The feasibility of the full and modified versions of the Alarm Distress Baby Scale (ADBB) and the prevalence of social withdrawal in Infants in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- (2020). Linear growth between early and late childhood and cognitive outcomes at 6 to 9 years of age. Journal of Pediatrics. 214-221.
- (2020). Effects of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurodevelopment and growth in Nepalese Infants: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS Medicine. 1-15.
- (2020). Effects of Two Weekly Servings of Cod for 16 weeks in Pregnancy on Maternal Iodine Status and Infant Neurodevelopment: Mommy's Food, a Randomized-Controlled Trial. Thyroid.
- (2020). Dietary intake and biomarkers of folate and cobalamin status in Norwegian preschool children: The FINS-KIDS Study . Journal of Nutrition. 1852-1858.
- (2020). Agreement between mothers and fieldworkers while assessing child development using ages and stages questionnaires, Third edition in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- (2019). Vitamin D status in preschool children and its relations to vitamin D sources and body mass index—Fish Intervention Studies-KIDS (FINS-KIDS). Nutrition - The International Journal of Applied and Basic Nutritional Sciences. 7 pages.
- (2019). The feasibility of the Ages and Stages Questionnaire for the assessment of child development in a community setting in Nepal. Child: Care, Health and Development. 394-402.
- (2019). The association between heart rate variability and neurocognitive and socio-emotional development in nepalese infants. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 1-10.
- (2019). Parental height modifies the association between linear growth and neurodevelopment in infancy. Acta Paediatrica. 1825-1832.
- (2019). Longitudinal study of music therapy's effectiveness for premature infants and their caregivers (LongSTEP): Protocol for an international randomised trial. BMJ Open. 1-16.
- (2019). Effect of antenatal and infant micronutrient supplementation on middle childhood and early adolescent development outcomes in Tanzania. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- (2019). Earthquake exposure and post-traumatic stress among nepalese mothers after the 2015 earthquakes. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2019). Dietary diversity and child development in the far west of Nepal: A cohort study. Nutrients. 1-14.
- (2019). Determinants of cognitive development in the early life of children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- (2018). Maternal and infant vitamin B12 status during infancy predict linear growth at 5 years. Pediatric Research. 611-618.
- (2018). Iodine status in Norwegian preschool children and associations with dietary iodine sources: the FINS-KIDS study. European Journal of Nutrition. 1-9.
- (2018). Fatty fish, hair mercury and cognitive function in Norwegian preschool children: Results from the randomized controlled trial FINS-KIDS. Environment International. 1098-1105.
- (2018). Fatty fish intake and the effect on mental health and sleep in preschool children in FINS-KIDS, a randomized controlled trial. Nutrients. 1-10.
- (2018). Fatty fish intake and cognitive function: FINS-KIDS, a randomized controlled trial in preschool children. BMC Medicine. 1-15.
- (2018). Erythrocyte DHA and AA in infancy is not associated with developmental status and cognitive functioning five years later in Nepalese children. Nutrition Journal. 1-9.
- (2018). Effects of cod intake in pregnancy on iodine nutrition and infant development: study protocol for Mommy’s Food - a randomized controlled trial. BMC Nutrition. 8 pages.
- (2018). Does early vitamin B12 supplementation improve neurodevelopment and cognitive function in childhood and into school age: a study protocol for extended follow-ups from randomised controlled trials in India and Tanzania. BMJ Open. 1-9.
- (2018). Cobalamin and folate status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 1-11.
- (2018). Acceptability and reliability of the Bayley Scales of infant and Toddler Development-III Among Children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- (2017). Vitamin-D status and neurodevelopment and growth in young north Indian children: a secondary data analysis. Nutrition Journal. 1-8.
- (2017). Vitamin B-12 status in infancy is positively associated with development and cognitive functioning 5 y later in Nepalese children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1122-1131.
- (2017). The effect of vitamin B12 supplementation in Nepalese infants on growth and development: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- (2017). How much do Nepalese mothers know about child development? Early Child Development and Care. 135-142.
- (2015). Vitamin B12 and folic acid improve gross motor and problem-solving skills in young North Indian children: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. PLOS ONE. 15 pages.
- (2015). Diarrhea, stimulation and growth predict neurodevelopment in young North Indian Children. PLOS ONE. 13 pages.
- (2013). The assessment of developmental status using the Ages and Stages questionnaire-3 in nutritional research in north Indian young children. Nutrition Journal.
- (2008). "It can save you if you just forget": Closeness and Competence as Conditions for Coping among Ugandan Orphans. Journal of Psychology in Africa. 445-455.
- (2020). Protocol and description of literature searches for the risk-benefit assessment of fish in the Norwegian diet. The Steering Committee of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. .
- (2019). Veien til Selvstendighet. Et prosjekt i barneverntjenesten for enslige mindreårige flyktninger i Bergen kommune. .
- (2019). Strategi for RBUP/RKBUssatsing på sped- og småbarnsfeltet 2019-2022 . .
- (2013). Nepsy.
- (2020). Real World Challenges in Research: When a Multi-nation Pragmatic Trial Meets a Pandemic.
- (2020). LongSTEP: Implementering av en internasjonal klinisk studie om musikkterapi for premature barn og deres foreldre .
Reader opinion piece
- (2011). For få psykologer? :. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 920.
- (2016). Biological risks and neurodevelopment in young North Indian children.
- (2014). Mange barn trenger mer B12.
Academic literature review
- (2019). Early life risk factors of motor, cognitive and language development: a pooled analysis of studies from low/middle-income countries. BMJ Open. 1-13.
- (2017). The effects of vitamin B12 supplementation in pregnancy and postpartum on growth and neurodevelopment in early childhood: Study Protocol for a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial. BMJ Open.