Ingvild Fossgard Sandøy
- Phone+47 55 58 85 54+47 454 36 843
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Global public health
Sexual and reproductive health in LMICs
HIV-epidemiology and prevention
Evidence-based HIV prevention, HIV epidemiology
Social inequalities in health
Evidence-based public health
Health effects of war and violence
Data analysis in Stata and SPSS
Systematic literature review
- 2021. Pandemiens klasseforskjeller. Forskning.no.
- 2020. Vanilla bisquits and lobola bridewealth: Parallel discourses on early pregnancy and schooling in rural Zambia. BMC Public Health. 11 pages.
- 2020. Patient and health system costs of managing pregnancy and birth-related complications in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review. Health Economics Review. 1-15.
- 2020. Parent-child communication about sexual issues in Zambia: a cross sectional study of adolescent girls and their parents. BMC Public Health. 1120.
- 2020. Can sexual health interventions make community-based health systems more responsive to adolescents? A realist informed study in rural Zambia. Reproductive Health. 1.
- 2020. Acceptability of youth clubs focusing on comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education in rural Zambian schools: a case of Central Province. BMC Health Services Research. 9 pages.
- 2019. The challenge of community engagement and informed consent in rural Zambia: an example from a pilot study. BMC Medical Ethics. 45.
- 2019. Socioeconomic factors associated with HIV Prevalence among young people in Zambia .
- 2019. Economic support and community dialogue to prevent early pregnancy and child marriage in Zambia.
- 2019. Contrasting HIV prevalence trends among young women and men in Zambia in the past 12 years: data from demographic and health surveys 2002–2014. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-9.
- 2019. Community perspectives on randomisation and fairness in a cluster randomised controlled trial in Zambia. BMC Medical Ethics.
- 2019. Acceptability of an economic support component to reduce early pregnancy and school dropout in Zambia: a qualitative case study. Global health action. 1-8.
- 2018. Unconditional cash transfer, and school and community interventions to prevent early pregnancy and child marriage in Zambia: Preliminary findings from the Research Initiative to Support the Empowerment of girls (RISE) trial.
- 2018. Findings from the process evaluation of the Research Initiative to Support the Empowerment of girls (RISE) trial.
- 2018. Felles læringsutbyttebeskrivelser for samfunnsmedisinsk undervisning for medisinstudenter . Michael quarterly : publication series of the Norwegian Medical Society. 323-327.
- 2018. Complications associated with adolescent childbearing in Sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic literature review and metaanalysis. PLOS ONE. 1-21.
- 2018. Community based interventions for strengthening adolescent sexual reproductive health and rights: how can they be integrated and sustained? A realist evaluation protocol from Zambia. Reproductive Health.
- 2017. “Now that you are circumcised, you cannot have first sex with your wife”: post circumcision sexual behaviours and beliefs among men in Wakiso district, Uganda. Journal of the International AIDS Society.
- 2017. Male circumcision, sexual risk behaviour and HIV infection in Uganda. A mixed methods study among men age 15-59 years.
- 2017. Increasing HIV prevalence among young men but not among young women in Zambia in the past 12 years, Data from Demographic and Health Surveys .
- 2017. High participation in cluster randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of a girls’ empowerment programme in rural Zambia .
- 2017. Exploring drivers for safe male circumcision: Experiences with health education and understanding of partial HIV protection among newly circumcised men in Wakiso, Uganda. PLOS ONE. 16 pages.
- 2017. Cost-benefit and extended cost-effectiveness analysis of a comprehensive adolescent pregnancy prevention program in Zambia: study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-10.
- 2017. Complications associated with adolescent childbearing in Sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis .
- 2017. Adolescent childbearing in Zambia: multilevel analysis of individual and community level factors.
- 2017. ALLE GODE TING ER TO.
- 2016. The effectivness of a girl empowerment programme on early childbearing marriage and school dropout in Zambia A cluster randomized trial.
- 2016. Tenåringsgraviditeter, barneekteskap og skolefrafall i Zambia.
- 2016. Tenåringsgraviditeter, barneekteskap og skolefrafall.
- 2016. Sex differences in HIV prevalence persist over time: Evidence from 18 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Reducing early childbearing, marriage and school dropout in rural Zambia A cluster randomized trial.
- 2016. Mer kunnskap skal redusere tenåringsgraviditeter.
- 2016. Measuring maternal mortality in a context of deficient vital registration systems: use of population census in Zambia.
- 2016. Lifetime risk of pregnancy-related death among Zambian women: district-level estimates from the 2010 census. Journal of Population Research. 263-281.
- 2016. En redning for jentene. Klassekampen.
- 2016. Effectiveness of a girls’ empowerment programme on early childbearing, marriage and school dropout among adolescent girls in rural Zambia: study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. Trials. 15 pages.
- 2016. Barneekteskap – hvor finnes løsningene? På Høyden ( UiBs nettavis).
- 2016. A comparison of sexual risk behaviours and HIV seroprevalence among circumcised and uncircumcised men before and after implementation of the safe male circumcision programme in Uganda Global health. BMC Public Health.
- 2015. Sexual risk behaviours and willingness to be circumcised among uncircumcised adult men in Uganda. PLOS ONE. 1-11.
- 2015. Rural-urban differentials in pregnancy-related mortality in Zambia: Estimates using data collected in a census. Population Health Metrics.
- 2015. Nedprioritert forskning. Bærekraft: Forskning og høyere utdanning er en klok måte å investere i den globale framtiden på.
- 2015. Impact of Pregnancy-Related Deaths on Female Life Expectancy in Zambia: Application of Life Table Techniques to Census Data. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Trends in and socio-demographic factors associated with caesarean section at a Tanzanian referral hospital, 2000 to 2013. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- 2014. Prevalence of peer violence among 13-15 year old adolescents in Sri Lankan Schools. Journal of the College of Community Physicians of Sri Lanka. 37-48.
- 2014. Development of the Sri Lankan early teenagers' violence inventory: An instrument to measure peer violence in schools. BioMed Research International. 11 pages.
- 2014. Correlates of peer violence among 13-15 year olds in Gampaha district schools in Sri-Lanka: Findings from a comparison between violent and non-violent adolescents. Sage Open. 1-14.
- 2013. The seven Cs of the high acceptability of home-based VCT: Results from a mixed methods approach in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 210-219.
- 2013. The Recruitment, Sampling, and Enrollment Plan. 171-196. In:
- 2013. Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Springer.
- 2013. Strong effects of home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing on acceptance and equity: A cluster randomised trial in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 9-16.
- 2013. Measuring maternal mortality in a census: results of the Zambia 2010 Census of Population and Housing. Tropical medicine & international health. 184-185.
- 2013. Measuring Maternal Mortality Via a Census: Results of the Zambia 2010 Census of Population and Housing.
- 2013. Measuring Maternal Mortality Via a Census: Results of the Zambia 2010 Census of Population and Housing.
- 2013. Managing the Informed Consent Process. 329-344. In:
- 2013. Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Elsevier.
- 2013. Individual and community level factors predicting condom use at last sexual encounter in the general population of a rural Zambian district.
- 2013. Effects of home-based Voluntary Counselling and Testing on HIV-related stigma: Findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Social Science and Medicine. 18-25.
- 2013. Decline in sexual risk behaviours among young people in Zambia (2000-2009): Do neighbourhood contextual effects play a role? PLOS ONE. 15 pages.
- 2012. Targeting condom distribution at high risk places increases condom utilization. Evidence from an intervention study in Livingstone, Zambia. BMC Public Health. 12 pages.
- 2012. Risk factors, healthcare-seeking and sexual behaviour among patients with genital ulcers in Zambia. BMC Public Health.
- 2012. Factors affecting voluntary HIV counselling and testing among men in Ethiopia: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Public Health.
- 2012. Etiological pattern of genital ulcers in Lusaka, Zambia: Has chancroid been eliminated? Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 787-791.
- 2012. Effects of condom distribution and youth peer education in high risk places in Livingstone on condom utilization.
- 2012. Declining syphilis trends in concurrence with HIV declines among pregnant women in Zambia: observations over fourteen years of national surveillance. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 173-181.
- 2012. Declines in Sexual Risk Behaviours among Young People in Zambia (2000 – 2009): Do Neighbourhood Contextual Effects Play a Role?
- 2012. Decline in HIV Prevalence among Young Women in Zambia: National-Level Estimates of Trends Mask Geographical and Socio-Demographic Differences. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Condom availability in high risk places and condom use: a study at district level in Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia. BMC Public Health. 1030.
- 2011. Targeting condom distribution at high risk places increases condom utilization. Evidence from an intervention study in Livingstone, Zambia.
- 2011. Syphilis trends in Zambia: a 14-year observation. Tropical medicine & international health. 63-63.
- 2011. Reduction in HIV-related stigma: findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 158-159.
- 2011. Lokal kompetanse naudsynt for å førebyggje hiv. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1910-1912.
- 2011. Home-based voluntary HIV counseling and testing yields very high uptake compared to clinic-based: results from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 158-158.
- 2011. Global helse: ulikhet, urettferdighet og sosiale helsedeterminanter. 14 pages.
- 2011. Convincing HIV prevalence declines in Zambia among young people (15-24 years): analysis and review of different data sources. Tropical medicine & international health. 272-273.
- 2010. “I will also tell my mother”: Clients’, lay and professional counsellors’ perspectives on consent procedures for HIV testing in Zambia.
- 2010. Prevalence and correlates of concurrent sexual partnerships in Zambia. Aids and Behavior. 59-71.
- 2010. Fairness and legitimacy of decisions during delivery of malaria services and ITN interventions in zambia. Malaria Journal.
- 2010. Assessing Influences of ITN Availability on Trust in Malaria Prevention in Zambia.
- 2009. Inreasing acceptability of participation in HIV research: the role of social mobilization in a trial in Zambia.
- 2009. Effects of neighbourhood-level educational attainment on HIV prevalence among young women in Zambia. BMC Public Health. 11 pages.
- 2009. Accountable priority setting for trust in health systems - the need for research into a new approach for strengthening sustainable health action in developing countries. Health Research Policy and Systems. 2-11.
- 2008. Lost opportunities in HIV prevention: programmes miss places where exposures are highest. BMC Public Health.
- 2008. Investigating trends in HIV transmission and risk factors in Zambia.
- 2008. Antenatal clinic HIV data found to underestimate actual prevalence declines: evidence from Zambia. Tropical medicine & international health. 171-179.
- 2007. Associations between sexual behaviour change among young people and decline in HIV prevalence in Zambia. BMC Public Health.
- 2006. Steep HIV prevalence declines among young people in selected Zambian communities: population-based observations (1995–2003). BMC Public Health. 12 pages.
- 2006. Marked HIV prevalence declines in higher educated young people: evidence from population-based surveys (1995-2003) in Zambia. AIDS (London). 1031-1038.
- 2006. Antenatal clinic-based HIV prevalence in Zambia: Declining trends but sharp local contrasts in young women. Tropical medicine & international health. 917-928.
Salvage J, Rowson M, Melf K and Sandøy I (eds). The Medical Peace Work textbook, 2nd edition, Course 4: Structural violence and the underlying causes of violent conflict. London, Medact. Available at www.medicalpeacework.org.
CISMAC (Centre for Intervention Science in Maternal and Child Health) See https://www.cismac.org/
Research Initiative to Support the Empowerment of girls in Zambia
NORPART Strengthening Health systems and health care Implementation through Network based graduate training and research Education in Zambia (BERGUNZA-SHINE)