I am a doctoral fellow at the Centre for Climate and Energy Transformation, in the Department of Geography.
I am a social scientist focusing on questions of energy demand, environmental politics and climate governance. In my PhD I explore the overlap between city-level policy-making and everyday consumption. By focusing on climate action and processes of planning in a number of Nordic cities, I aim understand the political feasibility of climate transformations as they unfold locally.
In addition to this, I also work with 2 research projects:
- Klimabudsjett 2.0 where my research focuses on how Norwegian cities can align their climate goals with the temperature goals set in the Paris Agreement. This includes the development of regional carbon budget and, by working with the project partners, mapping the governance implications these hold for cities in Norway.
- Transflight which explores how shifts in practices of air travel can be promoted, where we focus on the sectors of leisure, business and academic travel. This project takes advantage of the COVID-19 window of opportunity to explore the complex and conflicting issue of air travel, with the intent to inform policy and strategies working towards low emission travel practices.
- (2023). Three tensions in governing energy demand: A social practice perspective on Nordic urban interventions. Cities: The International Journal of Urban Policy and Planning.
- (2023). The strategic value of contradictions: exploring the practices of climate planning in Bergen, Norway. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management.
- (2022). How do cities challenge patterns of demand? Characterising the local governance of climate change in Nordic cities. Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space.
- (2022). Developing positional awareness in sustainability science: four archetypes for early career scientists working in an SDG world. Sustainability Science. 1-6.
- (2021). Using collaborative hackathons to coproduce knowledge on local climate adaptation governance. Current Research in Environmental Sustainability. 9 pages.
- (2023). What role for academia in a changing climate?
- (2023). Climate Equity in Practice: balancing feasibility and fairness in climate mitigation.
- (2022). Inblick Norge: Towards implementing carbon budgets locally – Klimabudjett 2.0.
- (2020). How do cities affect consumption? .