international refugee law, human rights law
- 2019. The End of International Protection? The Internal Protection Alternative and Cessation of Refugee Status.
- 2014. Internal Protection Alternative in the EU Qualification Directive.
- 2013. The ‘internal protection alternative’ in refugee law: reflections from Norway and its neighbors.
- 2013. The Right to Refugee Status and the ‘Internal Protection Alternative’: What Does the Law Say?
- 2012. The Scope of 'Safety Elsewhere': Protection Alternatives in Refugee Law.
- 2012. The European Court of Human Rights and the Internal Flight Alternative: an ‘unduly harsh’ approach?
- 2020. Researching Migration and Law.
- 2012. ESC Rights and Internal Relocation Alternatives in Refugee Law: Reflections on the Notion of ‘Reasonableness’.
- 2020. Løsningen finnes allerede. Klassekampen.
- 2018. Ingen trygg havn i Kabul. Klassekampen. 38-39.
- 2013. Urettferdig Dublin-samarbeid. Dagbladet.no.
- 2017. The Internal Protection Alternative in Refugee Law. Treaty basis and scope of application under the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 2020. An end to asylum? Temporary protection and the erosion of refugee status. 16 pages.
- 2019. The Internal Protection Alternative and its Relation to Refugee Status.
- 2016. The Right to Refugee Status and the Internal Protection Alternative: What Does the Law Say?
- 2020. The end of protection? Cessation and the ‘return turn’ in refugee law.
- 2020. How is the Covid-19 pandemic affecting migrants with precarious legal status? .
- 2019. Understanding the Internal Protection Alternative Part II.
- 2019. Understanding the 'Internal Protection Alternative'(Part 1).
- 2015. The European Court of Human Rights and Internal Relocation: An Unduly Harsh Standard? . In:
- 2015. Exploring the Boundaries of Refugee Law: Current Protection Challenges. Brill|Nijhoff.
Ph.D. University of Bergen, Faculty of Law 2017
J.D. Columbia University, 2000
B.A. Yale College, 1995
WAIT: Waiting for an uncertain future: the temporalities of irregular migration (2019-2020)
VULNER: Vulnerabilities under the Global Protection Regime: how does the law assess, address, shape, and produce the vulnerabilities of protection seekers? (2020-2021)
Temporary protection as a durable solution? The ‘return turn’ in asylum policies in Europe (TemPro) (2020-2023)