Jhon Meyer Munoz Muñoz-Barrera
- Visitor AddressAllegaten 415007 BergenRoom2B13b - 2105
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
My research interest is to understand how the tectonic and non-tectonic factors control the sediment distribution during the rift episodes. Currently, I am working in the Frøya High, mid-Norwegian Continental Shelf evaluating the effects of the late Jurassic syn-rift episode.
- (2021). Supradetachment basins in necking domains of rifted margins: Insights from the Norwegian Sea. Basin Research.
- (2020). The role of structural inheritance in the development of high-displacement crustal faults in the necking domain of rifted margins: The Klakk Fault Complex, Frøya High, offshore mid-Norway. Journal of Structural Geology. 28 pages.
- (2018). From widespread Mississippian to localized Pennsylvanian extension in central Spitsbergen, Svalbard. Solid Earth (SE). 1535-1558.
Muñoz-Barrera, J.M., Henstra, G.A., Kristensen, T., Gawthorpe, R. & Rotevatn, A. (2020) The Role of Structural Inheritance in the Development of High-Displacement Crustal Faults in the Necking Domain of Rifted Margins: The Klakk Fault System, Frøya High, Offshore Mid-Norway. Journal of Structural Geology, 140, 28 doi:10.1016/j.jsg.2020.104163
Koehl, J.-B. & Muñoz-Barrera, J.M. (2018) From Widespread Mississippian to Localized Pennsylvanian Extension in Central Spitsbergen, Svalbard. Solid Earth, 9, 1535-1558 doi:10.5194/se-9-1535-2018
Munoz, J.M. (2015) Subsurface Characterization of Structural Traps in the Outer Nunchia Foothills, Colombia, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway.
Muñoz-Barrera, J.M., Henstra, G.A., Kristensen, T., Gawthorpe, R. & Rotevatn, A. (Submitted) Supradetachment Basins in Necking Domains of Rifted Margins: Insights from the Norwegian Sea. Basin Research
Muñoz-Barrera, J.M., Gawthorpe, R., Pechlivanidou, S., Cullen, T. Rotevatn, A.& Henstra, G.A. (In preparation) Three-dimensional source-to-sink evolution on and around ancient rifted basement highs: Seismic geomorphological evaluation of the Frøya High-Klakk Fault Complex-Rås Basin, Norwegian rifted margin.
Tectono-Stratigraphic evolution of the syn-rift system on and around the Frøya high, Mid-Norwegian continental margin.
* Structural geology
* Sequence stratigraphy
* Source-to-sink analysis
* Petroleum geology
* Seismic interpretation
* Well evaluation