Jo Dugstad Wake has a background in information science. His PhD-project is on design and evaluation of mobile, location-based games designed for learning.
His research interests includes for example CSCL, Mobile Learning and CSCW.
- 2018. Learning through collaborative design of location-based games. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. 1-21. Published 2018-05-07. doi: doi.org/10.1007/s11412-018-9278-x
- 2014. The practical accomplishment of location-based game-play: design and analysis of mobile collaborative gaming. International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction. 6: 32-50. doi: 10.4018/ijmhci.2014070103
- 2009. "Premierløitnant Bielke". A Mobile Game for Teaching and Learning History. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning. 1: 12-28.
- 2007. New and changing teacher roles in a digital age. Educational Technology & Society. 10: 40-51.
- 2014. Report on Teacher Design Studies II. European Commission, Next-Tell Research Report D6.6. 56 pages.
- 2014. Combined Deliverable D6.7 and D2.9. Final Report on Pilot Studies Final Report on Classroom Research with STEM and TESL Assessment. EU. 109 pages.
- 2014. Deliverable D7.4. Training Materials for Release 3. EU. 43 pages.
- 2013. Mobile, location-based games for learning. Developing, deploying and evaluating mobile game technology in education. 222 pages.
- 2012. SCY Training Workshop Format and MaterialDXI.1. European Commission (SCY Project number IST-212814).
- 2012. SCY Training Workshop Format and Material,DXI.1. European Commission (SCY - Project number IST-212814). 80 pages.
- 2015. Students' Design Decisions in Collaborative Design of Location-Based Games for Learning. Kapittel, pages 324-331. In:
- 2015. Exploring the Material Conditions of Learning: Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) Conference 2015. 956 pages. ISBN: 978-0-9903550-6-9.
- 2013. The Design and Evaluation of Tools for Creating Mobile, Location-based Games and Experiences. Full paper, pages 79-92. In:
- 2013. NOKOBIT 2013 : Universitetet i Stavanger 18. - 20. november 2013 : Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. Akademika forlag. 228 pages. ISBN: 978-82-321-0373-7.
- 2011. The Interactional Organisation of Location-based Gaming. KAPITTEL, pages 136-143. In:
- 2011. The Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) Conference 2011. 608 pages. ISBN: 978-0-578-09152-5.
Wake, J.D. & Wasson, B. (2011). Supporting creativity in teaching and learning of history through small-group production of mobile, location-based games
In: Proceedings of mLearn 2011. 10th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning, pp. 180-188. Beijing, China, 18-21 October 2011. (Awarded a Best Paper Award)
Wake, J. D., Guribye, F. & Wasson, B. (2011). The Interactional Organisation of Location-based Gaming. In: H. Spada, G. Stahl, N. Miyake & N. Law (Eds.), Proceedings of CSCL 2011, Hong Kong, China, June 4 to 8, 2011, (pp. 136-143). ISLS.
Wake, J. D. & Guribye, F. (2010). Using video data to study game players’ interaction with a mobile, location-based game for teaching and learning history. Presented at: Interweaving technolgies – the aestethics of digital urban living. University of Copenhagen, Denmark, October 20th – 22nd, 2010.
Wake, J. D. & Baggetun, R. (2009). "Premierløitnant Bielke". A Mobile Game for Teaching and Learning History. International journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 1(4), 12-28.
Krüger, T., Østerud, S., Hoem, J., Schwebs, T., Wake, J., Baggetun, R., Skogseth, E., Bliksrud, M., Heggø, D., & Garfors, Å. (2009). Sluttrapport Memoz. ITU, Fremtidens læringsomgivelser.
Wake, J. D., & Baggetun, R. (2009). A Mobile Game for Teaching and Learning History. In: I.A. Sánchez and P. Isaías (Eds.), Proceedings of IADIS International Conference on Mobile Learning 2009, Barcelona, Spain, February 26 to 28, 2009, (pp. 105-114). IADIS Press.
Wake, J. D., & Wasson, B. (2007). Collaborative production of multimodal text. ISCAR 2007; Fourth Nordic Conference on Cultural and Activity Research. 15. - 17. June, 2007, Hønefoss, Norway.
Wake, J. D., Dysthe, O., & Mjelstad, S. (2007). New and Changing Teacher Roles in Higher Education in a Digital Age. Educational Technology & Society, 10(1), 40-51.
Oliver, M., Price, P., Boycheva, S., Dugstad Wake, J., Jones, C., Mjelstad, S., Kemp, B., Nikolov, R. and van der Meij, H. (2005). Empirical studies of the impact of technology-enhanced learning on roles and practices in Higher Education. Deliverable 30.03.01 of the EU Network of Excellence, Kaleidoscope Jointly-Executed Integrative Research Project, The impact of technology-enhanced learning on roles and practices in higher education.
Price, S., Oliver, M., Fartunova, M., Jones, C., van der Meij, H., Mjelstad, S., Mohammad, F., Nikolov, R., Wake, J., Wasson, B. (2005). Review of the impact of technology-enhanced learning on roles and practices in Higher Education. Deliverable 30.02.01 of the Kaleidoscope Jointly-Executed Integrative Research Project, The impact of technology-enhanced learning on roles and practices in higher education.