Visiting fellow at the Aleksanteri Institute, fall of 2021: https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/aleksanteri-institute/research/research-staff-and-experts-a-k#section-109470
My doctoral project is entitled “How to troll the trolls: Narrating Norway on the Russian-language Internet”. In it, I study Russian digital narratives about Norway and the Nordics, aiming to uncover if and/or how these narratives are shaped by pro-Kremlin online influence activities and political trolling. I am particularly interested in Russian online commentary surrounding contentious events in the Russo-Norwegian relationship, such as espionage accusations and cyberattacks. My research, then, connects Russian news discourse, digital culture and propaganda studies.
- 2017. Evropeiskii Potop: The Discourse of Apocalypse and Silence in Russian Press Coverage on the Issue of Refugees. Poljarnyj Vestnik. 1-17.
- 2020. Antrollpologi: På feltarbeid i mørke avkroker av russisk internett.
- 2019. Disruptive Digital Discourse and the Diaspora: Representations of Norway in Russian-language ideological trolling and its reception by the Russian-language population in Norway.
- 2019. A digital semiotics approach to Russian online trolling: Methodological challenges.
- 2020. Elections and Protests in Belarus.
- 2018. Valgobservasjon i Russland: Under overflaten på det russiske presidentvalget 2018.
- 2021. Book launch: The Cultural is Political: Intersections of Russian Art and State Politics.
- 2020. Truth-seeking and identity-confirmation in discourses of ‘the new cold war’: Network propaganda in a Russian-Norwegian spy case.
- 2020. Contestation of complex concepts: The case of 'propaganda'.
- 2019. Framing Russian digitalisation: Transformations and continuities in times of crisis.
- 2019. Digital discourses of the 'new cold war': Russian network propaganda in the Frode Berg spy case .
- 2019. Verdens eneste reinsdyrbataljon.
- 2017. Russland er verdens største land, men langt færre søker om asyl der enn i lille Norge. Hvorfor? Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- 2019. Multilingualism on my mind.
- 2019. The 30th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
- 2020. Battle for the North: Russian Cyberconflict over Commemorating the Red Army’s Liberation of Northern Norway. 27 pages.