- 2020. Repeated social defeat promotes persistent inflammatory changes in splenic myeloid cells; decreased expression of β-arrestin-2 (ARRB2) and increased expression of interleukin-6 (IL-6). BMC Neuroscience.
- 2019. Up-regulation of circulating microRNA-17 is associated with lumbar radicular pain following disc herniation. Arthritis Research & Therapy.
- 2019. The 5-HTTLPR rs25531 LALA-genotype increases the risk of insomnia symptoms among shift workers. Sleep Medicine. 224-229.
- 2019. Persistent lumbar radicular and low back pain; impact of genetic variability versus emotional distress. BMC Research Notes.
- 2019. Exposure to workplace bullying, microRNAs and pain; evidence of a moderating effect of miR-30c rs928508 and miR-223 rs3848900. Stress. 77-86.
- 2019. Exposure to workplace bullying, distress, and insomnia: The moderating role of the miR-146a genotype. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-7.
- 2019. Epiregulin is released from intervertebral disks and induces spontaneous activity in pain pathways. Pain.
- 2019. Dispositional affect as a moderator in the relationship between role conflict and exposure to bullying behaviors. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-12.
- 2019. Cross-cultural Adaptation and Validation of the Norwegian short-form McGill Pain Questionnaire-2 in Low Back-related Leg Pain. Spine. E774-E781.
- 2019. Associations between clinical symptoms, plasma norepinephrine and deregulated immune gene networks in subgroups of adolescent with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 82-96.
- 2019. Are transformational and laissez-faire leadership related to state anxiety among subordinates? A two-wave prospective study of forward and reverse associations. Work & Stress. 137-155.
- 2018. The Opioid Receptor Mu 1 (OPRM1) rs1799971 and Catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) rs4680 as genetic markers for placebo analgesia. Pain. 2585-2592.
- 2018. The MMP9 rs17576 A>G polymorphism is associated with increased lumbopelvic pain-intensity in pregnant women. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. 93-98.
- 2018. Negative social acts and pain. Evidence of a workplace bullying and 5-HTT genotype interaction. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 283-290.
- 2018. Influence of catechol-O-methyltransferase Val158Met on fear of pain and placebo analgesia. Pain. 168-174.
- 2018. Five-year development of lumbar disc degeneration—a prospective study. Skeletal Radiology. 1-9.
- 2018. Assessing neuropathic pain in patients with low back-related leg pain: Comparing the painDETECT Questionnaire with the 2016 NeuPSIG grading system. European Journal of Pain. 1160-1169.
- 2017. The Relationship Between Psychosocial Work Variables and Workaholism: Findings From a Nationally Representative Survey. International Journal of Stress Management. 1-10.
- 2017. MicroRNA-223 demonstrated experimentally in exosome-like vesicles is associated with decreased risk of persistent pain after lumbar disc herniation. Journal of Translational Medicine. 1-11.
- 2017. Local up-regulation of interferon-γ (IFN-γ) following disc herniation is involved in the inflammatory response underlying acute lumbar radicular pain. Cytokine. 181-186.
- 2017. Genetic predictors of recovery in low back and lumbar radicular pain. Pain. 1456-1460.
- 2017. Does ability to defend moderate the association between exposure to bullying and symptoms of anxiety? Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- 2017. Alcohol use and psychosocial stressors in the Norwegian workforce. Substance Use & Misuse. 574-584.
- 2016. Sweet taste pleasantness is modulated by morphine and naltrexone. Psychopharmacology. 13711-3723.
- 2016. Inflammatory Serum Protein Profiling of Patients with Lumbar Radicular Pain One Year after Disc Herniation. International Journal of Inflammation. 8 pages.
- 2016. Hyperexcitability in spinal WDR neurons following experimental disc herniation is associated with upregulation of fractalkine and its receptor in nucleus pulposus and the dorsal root ganglion. International Journal of Inflammation. 10 pages.
- 2016. Genetic variation in catechol-O-methyltransferase modifies effects of clonidine treatment in chronic fatigue syndrome. The Pharmacogenomics Journal. 454-460.
- 2016. Genes associated with persistent lumbar radicular pain; a systematic review. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 1-10.
- 2015. Serum levels of the pro-inflammatory interleukins 6 (IL-6) and -8 (IL-8) in patients with lumbar radicular pain due to disc herniation: A 12-month prospective study. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 132-136.
- 2015. Maintenance of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) in young CFS patients is associated with the 5-HTTLPR and SNP rs25531 A > G Genotype. PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- 2015. Effects of low-dose clonidine on cardiovascular and autonomic variables in adolescents with chronic fatigue: A randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics. 12 pages.
- 2014. The association between Modic changes and pain during 1-year follow-up in patients with lumbar radicular pain. Skeletal Radiology. 1271-1279.
- 2014. The Interleukin-1[alpha] Gene C>T Polymorphism rs1800587 is associated with increased pain intensity and decreased pressure pain thresholds in patients with lumbar radicular pain. The Clinical Journal of Pain. 869-874.
- 2014. Subjective health complaints in patients with lumbar radicular pain and disc herniation are associated with a sex - OPRM1 A118G polymorphism interaction: A prospective 1-year observational study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- 2014. Role of IL1A rs1800587, IL1B rs1143627 and IL1RN rs2234677 genotype regarding development of chronic lumbar radicular pain; A prospective one-year study. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Mobbing i arbeidslivet og senere helseplager. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1233-1238.
- 2014. Association between baseline IL-6 and 1-year recovery in lumbar radicular pain. European Journal of Pain. 1394-1401.
- 2013. The MMP1 rs1799750 2G allele is associated with increased low back pain, sciatica, and disability after lumbar disk herniation. The Clinical Journal of Pain. 967-971.
- 2013. The DQB1*03:02 HLA haplotype is associated with increased risk of chronic pain after inguinal hernia surgery and lumbar disc herniation. Pain. 427-433.
- 2013. Spinal nociceptive hyperexcitability induced by experimental disc herniation is associated with enhanced local expression of Csf1 and FasL. Pain. 1743-1748.
- 2013. Induction of the perceptual correlate of human long-term potentiation (LTP) is associated with the 5-HTT genotype. Brain Research. 54-59.
- 2012. The COMT rs4680 met-allele contributes to long lasting low back pain, sciatica and disability after lumbar disc herniation. European Journal of Pain. 1064-1069.
- 2012. Pain intensity the first year after lumbar disc herniation is associated with the A118G polymorphism in the opioid receptor Mu 1 gene: evidence of a sex and genotype interaction. Journal of Neuroscience. 9831-9834.
- 2012. Inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) reduces spinal nociceptive responses and expression of spinal long-term potentiation (LTP). Brain Research Bulletin. 234-237.
- 2011. Polymorphisms of adrenergic cardiovascular control genes are associated with adolescent chronic fatigue syndrome. Acta Paediatrica. 293-298.
- 2010. Spinal long-term potentiation is associated with reduced opioid neurotransmission in the rat brain. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging. 285-293.
- 2010. Spinal cord long-term potentiation (LTP) is associated with increased dorsal horn gene expression of IL-1 beta, GDNF and iNOS. European Journal of Pain. 255-260.
- 2010. Catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibition reduces spinal nociceptive activity. Neuroscience Letters. 212-215.
- 2008. Spinal cord long-term potentiation is attenuated by the NMDA-2B receptor antagonist Ro 25-6981. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica. 421-427.
- 2008. Metabolic plasticity in the supraspinal pain modulating circuitry after noxious stimulus-induced spinal cord LTP. Pain. 456-464.
- 2019. The role of tenure and job satisfaction in the prospective relationship between workplace bullying and intention to leave: A moderated mediation model.
- 2017. The genetic influence on fear of pain and placebo analgesia.
- 2017. Role conflict, personality, and exposure to bullying behaviors.
- 2018. Gender differences in the relationship between workplace bullying and subjective back and neck pain: A two-wave study in a Norwegian probability sample. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 73-75.
- 2018. Alcohol use among Norwegian workers: Associations with health and well-being. Occupational Medicine. 96-98.
- 2010. Spinal LTP is attenuated by the FAAH enzyme inhibitor URB597.
- 2017. Disc herniation, inflammatory mediators and lumbar radicular pain.
- 2012. Spinal nociceptive signalling mechanisms to long-lasting low back pain and sciatica. No.1387.
- 2010. Inhibition of FAAH reverses spinal LTP. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. 170-170.
- 2009. C-fibre LTP is associated with dynamic changes in opioid neurotransmission in the brain. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. S369-S370.
- 2010. Inhibition of FAAH reverses spinal LTP.
- 2009. Spinal LTP is associated with reduced opioid neurotransmission in the rat brain.
- 2009. Inhibition of FAHH reduces central sensitization after noxious stimulation.
- 2009. C-fibre LTP is associated with dynamic changes in opioid neurotransmission in the brain.
- 2008. Rat model of pathological pain in the central nervous system.
- 2008. Induction of spinal LTP results in activity-dependent plastic changes in pain modulatory of brain and brain stem.
Academic literature review
- 2010. Langvarige korsryggsmerter og MR-forandringer i ryggvirvlene :. 2260-2263.