- Phone+47 55 58 61 65
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Occupational exposure to chemical agents
Biological monitoring of exposure and effects
- 2019. Determinants of airborne benzene evaporating from fresh crude oils released into seawater. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 140: 395-402. doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.12.045
- 2019. Being overweight in childhood, puberty, or early adulthood: Changing asthma risk in the next generation? Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 1-13. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2019.08.030
- 2018. Biomonitoring of benzene and effect of wearing respirators during an oil spill field trial at sea. Annals of Work Exposures and Health. 62: 1033-1039. Published 2018-07-13. doi: 10.1093/annweh/wxy067
- 2018. Gene expression response in peripheral blood cells of petroleum workers exposed to sub-ppm benzene levels. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 15: 1-18. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15112385
- 2018. Maternal exposure to gasoline and exhaust increases the risk of childhood leukaemia in offspring - a prospective study in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. British Journal of Cancer. 119: 1028-1035. doi: 10.1038/s41416-018-0295-3
- 2018. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis in fish processing workers diagnosed by inhalation challenge. ERJ Open Research. 4: 00071.
- 2018. Are high- and low-molecular-weight sensitizing agents associated with different clinical phenotypes of occupational asthma? Allergy. European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. doi: 10.1111/all.13542
- 2017. Oil spill field trial at sea: Measurements of benzene exposure. Annals of Work Exposures and Health. 61: 692-699. Published 2017-06-08. doi: 10.1093/annweh/wxx036
- 2017. Bakers' exposure to flour dust. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 14: 81-91. doi: 10.1080/15459624.2016.1225156
- 2017. Ultraviolet radiation and skin cancer risk in offshore workers. Occupational Medicine. 67: 569-573. doi: 10.1093/occmed/kqx110
- 2017. Aromatic hydrocarbons and risk of skin cancer by anatomical site in 25 000 male offshore petroleum workers. American Journal of Industrial Medicine. 60: 679-688. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22741
- 2016. Pulmonary illness as a consequence of occupational exposure to shrimp shell powder. Environmental Research. 148: 491-499. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2016.04.033
- 2016. Monitoring of hazardous hydrocarbons in air evaporated from thin films of light crude oils. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 73: A81-A81. doi: 10.1136/oemed-2016-103951.217
- 2015. En baker med astma. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 135: 1263-1265. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.14.1568
- 2013. The Healthy Worker Effect in Cancer Incidence Studies. American Journal of Epidemiology. 177: 1218-1224. doi: 10.1093/aje/kws373
- 2012. Evaluation of exposure biomarkers in offshore workers exposed to low benzene and toluene concentrations. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 85: 261-271. doi: 10.1007/s00420-011-0664-1
- 2011. The Risk of Multiple Sclerosis Among Petroleum Workers Exposed to Crude Oil and Other Hydrocarbons. Epidemiology. 22: S60-S60.
- 2011. The Strength of the Healthy Worker Effect Varies According to the Type of Cancer Being Studied. Epidemiology. 22: S261-S262.
- 2011. Risk of MS is not associated with exposure to crude oil, but increases with low level of education. Multiple Sclerosis. 17: 780-787. doi: 10.1177/1352458510397686
- 2010. Urinary 1-hydroxypyrene levels in offshore workers. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 83: 55-59. doi: 10.1007/s00420-009-0437-2
- 2010. Increased risk of oesophageal adenocarcinoma among upstream petroleum workers. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 67: 335-340. doi: 10.1136/oem.2009.046953
- 2009. Biologisk monitorering i arbeidslivet. Yrkeshygienikeren. 1. 3-6.
- 2009. Increased risk of oesophageal adenocarcinoma among upstream petroleum workers. Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- 2008. Increased risk of acute myelogenous leukemia and multiple myeloma in a historical cohort of upstream petroleum workers exposed to crude oil. Cancer Causes and Control. 19: 13-23. doi: 10.1007/s10552-007-9065-x
- 2008. Effects of benzene on human hematopoiesis. The Open Hematology Journal. 2: 87-102. doi: 10.2174/1874276900802010087
- 2007. Biological monitoring of benzene exposure for process operators during ordinary activity in the upstream petroleum industry. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 51: 487-494. doi: 10.1093/annhyg/mem029
- 2007. Increased risk of esophageal adenocarcinoma in a historical cohort of petroleum workers. American Journal of Epidemiology. 165: S8-S8.
- 2007. Increased risk of hematopoietic malignancies in a historical cohort of upstream petroleum workers in Norway. American Journal of Epidemiology. 165: S108-S108.
- 2006. Benzene exposure on a crude oil production vessel. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 50. 7 pages. doi: 10.1093/annhyg/mei065
- 2006. Biological monitoring of benzene exposure during maintenance work in crude oil cargo tanks. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 164: 60-67. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2006.08.017
- 2006. Acute suppression of serum IgM and IgA in tank workers exposed to benzene. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 64: 690-698. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3083.2006.01858.x
- 2012. Supplementary information to the Job Exposure Matrix for benzene, asbestos and oil mist/oil vapour among Norwegian offshore workers. Universitetet i Bergen, Bergen. 43 pages.
- 2008. Forståelse av sykefravær -erfaringer fra de det angår mest. Seksjon for arbeidsmedisin. 50 pages.
- 2007. Benzene exposure and hematological effects in offshore workers exposed to crude oil.
- 1998. Trykksetting av binyrearterie fra Storfe - kontraktil aktivitet og modulerende agens. Hovedoppgave cand.scient.. Fysiologisk institutt, UiB. 61 pages.
- 2000. Vasostatins - dilators of bovine resistance arteries. 239-248. In:
- 2000. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology.
PhD (2007): The hematological effects of benzene in workers exposed to crude oil
Cand. Scient (1998): Human and experimental physiology
Novelbiomarkers for the prediction of health consequences from occupational exposure to benzene in 12 versus 8 h work shifts
Cancer risk in a historical cohort of Norwegian offshore workers with special emphasis on leukemia (ended December 2010)
Historical exposure to carcinogenic agents in the offshore petroleum industry