Jose Carlos Martines
Researcher, Scientific Coordinator, +41 794 370 036
- Visitor AddressOverlege Danielsens hus, Årstadveien 21Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2020). Predictors of recovery in children aged 6 to 59 months with uncomplicated Severe Acute Malnutrition: A multi-center study. Public Health Nutrition. 1-9.
- (2020). Community initiated kangaroo mother care and early child development in low birth weight infants in India-a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics. 1-12.
- (2020). Antenatal uterotonics as a risk factor for intrapartum stillbirth and first-day death in Haryana, India: A nested case-control study. Epidemiology. 668-676.
- (2019). Utilisation, equity and determinants of full antenatal care in India: analysis from the National Family Health Survey 4. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 327.
- (2019). Severe wasting among Indian infants <6 months: Findings from the National Family Health Survey 4. Maternal & Child Nutrition.
- (2019). Kangaroo Mother Care implementation research to develop models for accelerating scale-up in India and Ethiopia: study protocol for an adequacy evaluation. BMJ Open.
- (2019). Effect of community-initiated kangaroo mother care on survival of infants with low birthweight: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 1724-1736.
- (2019). Cognitive and motor outcomes in children born low birth weight: A systematic review and meta-analysis of studies from South Asia. BMC Pediatrics.
- (2018). Risk of postneonatal mortality, hospitalisation and suboptimal breast feeding practices in low birthweight infants from rural Haryana, India: Findings from a secondary data analysis. BMJ Open.
- (2018). Mid upper arm circumference as a predictor of risk of mortality in children in a low resource setting in India. PLOS ONE.
- (2018). Low-birthweight infants born to short‐stature mothers are at additional risk of stunting and poor growth velocity:Evidence from secondary data analyses. Maternal & Child Nutrition.
- (2018). Kangaroo mother care: Using formative research to design an acceptable community intervention. BMC Public Health.
- (2018). Early neonatal vitamin A supplementation and infant mortality: an individual participant data meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 217-226.
- (2018). Costing of three feeding regimens for home-based management of children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition from a randomised trial in India. BMJ Global Health.
- (2017). Integrated interventions delivered in health systems, home, and community have the highest impact on breastfeeding outcomes in low- and middle-income countries. Journal of Nutrition. 2179S-2187S.
- (2017). Impact of community-initiated Kangaroo Mother Care on survival of low birth weight infants: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-10.
- (2017). Immunization practices in low birth weight infants from rural Haryana, India: Findings from secondary data analysis. Journal of Global Health. 1-14.
- (2017). Efficacy of umbilical cord cleansing with a single application of 4% chlorhexidine for the prevention of newborn infections in Uganda: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- (2017). Effect of childhood nutrition counselling on intelligence in adolescence: A 15-year follow-up of a cluster-randomised trial. Public Health Nutrition. 2034-2041.
- (2016). Why invest, and what it will take to improve breastfeeding practices? The Lancet. 491-504.
- (2016). Timing of initiation, patterns of breastfeeding, and infant survival: Prospective analysis of pooled data from three randomised trials. The Lancet Global Health. e266-e275.
- (2016). Setting research priorities to improve global newborn health and prevent stillbirths by 2025. Journal of Global Health.
- (2016). Efficacy of three feeding regimens for home-based management of children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition: a randomised trial in India. BMJ Global Health.
- (2015). Promotion of weight gain in early childhood does not increase metabolic risk in adolescents: A 15-year follow-up of a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Journal of Nutrition. 2749-2755.
- (2015). Impact on inequities in health indicators: Effect of implementing the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness programme in Haryana, India. Journal of Global Health.
- (2015). Feeding of low birth weight newborns in tertiary care hospitals in Pakistan: Do they follow the world health organization latest guidelines? Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons. 583-587.
- (2015). Efficacy of early neonatal supplementation with vitamin A to reduce mortality in infancy in Haryana, India (Neovita): A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet. 1333-1342.
- (2014). Newborn health research priorities beyond 2015. The Lancet.
- (2014). Effect of implementation of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness programme on treatment seeking practices for morbidities in infants: cluster randomised trial. BMJ. British Medical Journal.
Academic literature review
- (2016). Breastfeeding in the 21st century: Epidemiology, mechanisms, and lifelong effect. The Lancet. 475-490.
- (2015). Optimal breastfeeding practices and infant and child mortality: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Paediatrica. 3-13.
- (2015). Interventions to improve breastfeeding outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Paediatrica. 114-135.
- (2015). Breastfeeding and maternal health outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Paediatrica. 96-113.
- (2014). Who has been caring for the baby? The Lancet. 174-188.
- (2015). Child health. . In:
- (2015). Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health (6 ed.). Oxford University Press.