Jose Carlos Martines
Researcher , Scientific Coordinator, +41 794 370 036
- Visitor AddressOverlege Danielsens hus, Årstadveien 21Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2020. Community initiated kangaroo mother care and early child development in low birth weight infants in India-a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics. 1-12.
- 2019. Utilisation, equity and determinants of full antenatal care in India: analysis from the National Family Health Survey 4. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 327.
- 2019. Severe wasting among Indian infants <6 months: Findings from the National Family Health Survey 4. Maternal & Child Nutrition.
- 2019. Kangaroo Mother Care implementation research to develop models for accelerating scale-up in India and Ethiopia: study protocol for an adequacy evaluation. BMJ Open.
- 2019. Effect of community-initiated kangaroo mother care on survival of infants with low birthweight: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 1724-1736.
- 2019. Cognitive and motor outcomes in children born low birth weight: A systematic review and meta-analysis of studies from South Asia. BMC Pediatrics.
- 2018. Risk of postneonatal mortality, hospitalisation and suboptimal breast feeding practices in low birthweight infants from rural Haryana, India: Findings from a secondary data analysis. BMJ Open.
- 2018. Mid upper arm circumference as a predictor of risk of mortality in children in a low resource setting in India. PLOS ONE.
- 2018. Low-birthweight infants born to short‐stature mothers are at additional risk of stunting and poor growth velocity:Evidence from secondary data analyses. Maternal & Child Nutrition.
- 2018. Kangaroo mother care: Using formative research to design an acceptable community intervention. BMC Public Health.
- 2018. Early neonatal vitamin A supplementation and infant mortality: an individual participant data meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 217-226.
- 2018. Costing of three feeding regimens for home-based management of children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition from a randomised trial in India. BMJ Global Health.
- 2017. Integrated interventions delivered in health systems, home, and community have the highest impact on breastfeeding outcomes in low- and middle-income countries. Journal of Nutrition. 2179S-2187S.
- 2017. Impact of community-initiated Kangaroo Mother Care on survival of low birth weight infants: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-10.
- 2017. Immunization practices in low birth weight infants from rural Haryana, India: Findings from secondary data analysis. Journal of Global Health. 1-14.
- 2017. Efficacy of umbilical cord cleansing with a single application of 4% chlorhexidine for the prevention of newborn infections in Uganda: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- 2017. Effect of childhood nutrition counselling on intelligence in adolescence: A 15-year follow-up of a cluster-randomised trial. Public Health Nutrition. 2034-2041.
- 2016. Why invest, and what it will take to improve breastfeeding practices? The Lancet. 491-504.
- 2016. Timing of initiation, patterns of breastfeeding, and infant survival: Prospective analysis of pooled data from three randomised trials. The Lancet Global Health. e266-e275.
- 2016. Setting research priorities to improve global newborn health and prevent stillbirths by 2025. Journal of Global Health.
- 2016. Efficacy of three feeding regimens for home-based management of children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition: a randomised trial in India. BMJ Global Health.
- 2015. Promotion of weight gain in early childhood does not increase metabolic risk in adolescents: A 15-year follow-up of a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Journal of Nutrition. 2749-2755.
- 2015. Impact on inequities in health indicators: Effect of implementing the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness programme in Haryana, India. Journal of Global Health.
- 2015. Feeding of low birth weight newborns in tertiary care hospitals in Pakistan: Do they follow the world health organization latest guidelines? Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons. 583-587.
- 2015. Efficacy of early neonatal supplementation with vitamin A to reduce mortality in infancy in Haryana, India (Neovita): A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet. 1333-1342.
- 2014. Newborn health research priorities beyond 2015. The Lancet.
- 2014. Effect of implementation of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness programme on treatment seeking practices for morbidities in infants: cluster randomised trial. BMJ. British Medical Journal.
Academic literature review
- 2016. Breastfeeding in the 21st century: Epidemiology, mechanisms, and lifelong effect. 475-490.
- 2015. Optimal breastfeeding practices and infant and child mortality: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 3-13.
- 2015. Interventions to improve breastfeeding outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 114-135.
- 2015. Breastfeeding and maternal health outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 96-113.
- 2014. Who has been caring for the baby? 174-188.
- 2015. Child health. . In:
- 2015. Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health (6 ed.). Oxford University Press.