Juha Pekka Kallio
- Visitor AddressJonas Lies vei 915009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2022). Characterisation of a common hotspot variant in acute intermittent porphyria sheds light on the mechanism of hydroxymethylbilane synthase function. FEBS Open Bio. 2136-2146.
- (2021). Structure of transmembrane prolyl 4-hydroxylase reveals unique organization of EF and dioxygenase domains. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2021). Discovery of fungal surface NADases predominantly present in pathogenic species. Nature Communications. 12 pages.
- (2021). Characterization of porphobilinogen deaminase mutants reveals that arginine-173 is crucial for polypyrrole elongation mechanism. iScience.
- (2020). Genetic diversity of the flavohemoprotein gene of giardia lamblia: Evidence for high allelic heterozygosity and copy number variation. Infection and Drug Resistance. 4531-4545.
- (2019). Genetic variation in metronidazole metabolism and oxidative stress pathways in clinical giardia lamblia assemblage A and B isolates. Infection and Drug Resistance. 1221-1235.
- (2019). A Pharmacological Chaperone Therapy for Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Molecular Therapy.
- (2018). The quaternary structure of human tyrosine hydroxylase: effects of dystonia‐associated missense variants on oligomeric state and enzyme activity. Journal of Neurochemistry. 291-306.
- (2016). Structural and functional dissection of Toxoplasma gondii armadillo repeats only protein. Journal of Cell Science. 1031-1045.
- (2022). Biochemical and biophysical characterisation of HMBS variants associated with acute intermittent porphyria.
- (2021). Author Correction: Discovery of fungal surface NADases predominantly present in pathogenic species (Nature Communications, (2021), 12, 1, (1631), 10.1038/s41467-021-21307-z). Nature Communications.
Academic literature review
- (2021). Acute intermittent porphyria: An overview of therapy developments and future perspectives focusing on stabilisation of HMBS and proteostasis regulators. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 25 pages.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)