- Main research areas:
- Evaluation and remediation of multitasking abilities in psychiatric and neurological patients (in particular patients with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, alcohol dependency, brain-injury and multiple sclerosis)
- Cognitive and emotional mechanisms underpinning positive symptoms
- 2019. Testing a model of auditory hallucinations: the role of negative emotions and cognitive resources. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 256-274.
- 2019. Potential applications of digital technology in assessment, treatment, and self-help for hallucinations. Schizophrenia Bulletin. S24-S31.
- 2019. An epidemiological study on the prevalence of hallucinations in a general-population sample: Effects of age and sensory modality. Psychiatry Research. 707-714.
- 2019. A cross-national investigation of hallucination-like experiences in 10 countries: The E-CLECTIC Study. Schizophrenia Bulletin. S43-S55.
- 2018. The structure of schizotypal personality traits: A cross-national study. Psychological Medicine. 451-462.
- 2018. The network structure of schizotypal personality traits. Schizophrenia Bulletin. S468-S479.
- 2018. Subtyping attenuated psychotic symptoms: A cluster analytic approach. Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2117-2133.
- 2018. Source flexibility in schizophrenia: specificity and role in auditory hallucinations. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 1-16.
- 2018. No sex difference in an everyday multitasking paradigm. Psychological Research. 1-11.
- 2018. Brief assessment of schizotypal traits: A multinational study. Schizophrenia Research. 182-191.
- 2018. Attribution of intentions and context processing in psychometric schizotypy. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry. 364-376.
- 2018. A direct examination of the cognitive underpinnings of multitasking abilities: A first study examining schizophrenia. Psychiatry Research. 288-296.
- 2017. Schizotypal personality traits and problematic use of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs). Computers in Human Behavior. 286-293.
- 2017. Examination of humiliation and past maladaptive family context in persecutory ideation: An exploratory study. Comprehensive Psychiatry. 19-24.
- 2017. Do adverse life events at first onset of auditory verbal hallucinations influence subsequent voice characteristics? Results from an epidemiological study. Psychiatry Research. 232-236.
Collazzoni, A., Laloyaux, J. (Co-First Authorship), & Larøi, F. (2017). Examination of humiliation and past maladaptive family context in persecutory ideation: An exploratory study. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 7:, 19-24.
Fonseca-Pedrero, E., Debbane, M., Ortuno-Sierra, J., Chan, R. C. K., Cicero, D. C., Zhang, L. C., Brenner, C., Barkus, E., Linscott, R. J., Kwapil, T., Barrantes-Vidal, N., Cohen, A., Raine, A., Compton, M. T., Tone, E. B., Suhr, J., Muniz, J., Fumero, A., Giakoumaki, S., Tsaousis, I., Preti, A., Chmielewski, M., Laloyaux, J., Mechri, A., Lahmar, M. A., Wuthrich, V., Laroi, F., Badcock, J. C., & Jablensky, A. (2017). The structure of schizotypal personality traits: a cross-national study. Psychological Medicine, 17: 1-12.
Schimmenti, A., Infanti, A., Badoud, D., Laloyaux, J., & Billieux, J. (2017). Schizotypal personality traits and problematic use of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs). Compututer in Humam Behavior, 74: 286-293.
Laloyaux, J., Dessart, G., Van der Linden, M., Lemaire, M., & Larøi, F. (2016). Maladaptive emotion regulation strategies and stress sensitivity mediate the relation between adverse life events and attenuated positive psychotic symptoms. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, 1: 1-14.
Laloyaux, J., Fantini, C., Lemaire, M., Luminet, O., & Larøi, F. (2015). Evidence of contrasting patterns for suppression and reappraisal emotion regulation strategies in alexithymia. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 209: 709-717.
Balayachi, S., Laloyaux, J., Larøi, F., & Van der Linden, M. (2014). Internal encoding style and schizotypy: Toward a conceptually driven account of positive symptoms. Journal of Personality Disorders, 29: 303-315.
Laloyaux, J., Van der Linden, M., Levaux, M-N., Mourad, H., Pirri, A., Bertrand, H., Domken, M-A., Adam, S., & Larøi, F. (2014). Multitasking capacities in persons diagnosed with schizophrenia: A preliminary examination of their neurocognitive underpinnings and ability to predict real world functioning. Psychiatry Research, 217(3): 163-170.
Laloyaux, J., Pellegrini, N., Mourad, H., Bertrand, H., Domken, M.-A., Van der Linden, M., & Larøi, F. (2013). Performance on a computerized shopping task significantly predicts real world functioning in persons diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Psychiatry Research, 210(2): 465-471.
Laloyaux, J., Michel, C., Mourad, H., Bertrand, H., Domken, M.-A., Van der Linden, M., & Larøi, F. (2012). Performance on an everyday life activity in persons diagnosed with alcohol dependency compared to healthy controls: Relations between a computerized shopping task and cognitive and clinical variables. Alcohol and Alcoholism, 47(3): 240-247.