Mohn Nutrition Research Laboratory (funded by Bergen research foundation https://www.bfstiftelse.no/); https://www.uib.no/en/nutrition/120713/about-mohn-nutrition-research-lab
Malnutra: The association between undernutrition, biomarkers of nutritional status, quality of life, disease related functions, and future re-hospitalization and mortality (funded by Helse Bergen)
Vitamin D and cardiovascular disease: investigations in the WENBIT cohort (collaboration with Prof. Ottar Nygård)
Malnutrition in patients with chronic kidney disease (collaboration with Prof. Hans-Peter Marti)
Hordaland Health Studies (HUSK3, PI: Prof. Grethe S. Tell and Prof. Eva Gerdts) https://husk.w.uib.no/husk3/
Bachelorprogram in Human Nutrition
NUTR-INF Introduction to clinical nutrition
Nutr203 Nutrition physiology
NUTR245 Lifestyle and Lifecycle
NUTR295 Bachelor thesis
Masterprogram in Human Nutrition
NUTR333A Human Nutrition
Masterprogram in Clinical Nutrition
NUCLI362 Genetic disorders in Nutrient Metabolism
- 2018. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and mortality in patients with suspected stable angina pectoris. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 103: 1161-1170. doi: 10.1210/jc.2017-02328
- 2018. Correction to: High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology. 19. doi: 10.1186/s12882-018-1149-1
- 2018. High rates of central obesity and sarcopenia in CKD irrespective of renal replacement therapy - An observational cross-sectional study. BMC Nephrology. 19:259: 1-9. doi: 10.1186/s12882-018-1055-6
- 2018. Long-term supplementation with folic acid and Vitamin B-12 has no effect on circulating uric acid concentrations in Norwegian patients with coronary artery disease. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 107: 130-131. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/nqx017
- 2018. Entwicklungen und Herausforderungen der Stillpraxis in den Ländern des südlichen Afrikas. Bundesgesundheitsblatt - Gesundheitsforschung - Gesundheitsschutz. 61: 937-944. doi: 10.1007/s00103-018-2783-2
- 2018. Adherence to the Healthy Nordic Food Index and the incidence of acute myocardial infarction and mortality among patients with stable angina pectoris. Journal of human nutrition and dietetics. 32: 86-97. doi: 10.1111/jhn.12592
- 2018. Total and lean fish intake is positively associated with bone mineral density in older women in the community-based Hordaland Health Study. European Journal of Nutrition. 1-11. doi: 10.1007/s00394-018-1665-6
- 2018. Limited benefit of fish consumption on risk of hip fracture among men in the community-based Hordaland health study. Nutrients. 10. 13 pages. doi: 10.3390/nu10070873
- 2017. Associations between fish intake and the metabolic syndrome and its components among middle-aged men and women: the Hordaland Health Study. Food & Nutrition Research. 61. 11 pages. doi: 10.1080/16546628.2017.1347479
- 2017. Associations between intake of fish and n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and plasma metabolites related to the kynurenine pathway in patients with coronary artery disease. European Journal of Nutrition. 56: 261-272. doi: 10.1007/s00394-015-1077-9
- 2017. Vitamin D supplementation and its influence on muscle strength and mobility in community-dwelling older persons: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of human nutrition and dietetics. 30: 3-15. doi: 10.1111/jhn.12394
- 2017. Serum acylcarnitines and risk of cardiovascular death and acute myocardial infarction in patients with stable angina pectoris. Journal of the American Heart Association. 6:e003620: 1-28. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.003620
- 2016. Cosinor modelling of seasonal variation in 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations in cardiovascular patients in Norway. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 70: 517-522. Published 2015-11-25. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2015.200
- 2016. Association between weight change and mortality in community living older people followed for up to 14 years. The Hordaland Health Study (HUSK). The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging. 21: 909-917. doi: 10.1007/s12603-016-0866-z
- 2015. Vitamin D status was not associated with 'one-year' progression of coronary artery disease, assessed by coronary angiography in statin-treated patients. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. 22: 594-602. doi: 10.1177/2047487314522137
- 2015. Bioavailability of iron, zinc, folate and vitamin A when fortified in condiments and seasonings. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1357: 29-42. doi: 10.1111/nyas.12947
- 2015. Efficacy of fish intake on Vitamin D status: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 102: 837-847. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.114.105395
- 2015. Vitamin D3 supplementation: Response and predictors of vitamin D3 metabolites - A randomized controlled trial. Clinical Nutrition. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2015.04.021
- 2015. Dietary intake of saturated fat is not associated with risk of coronary events or mortality in patients with established coronary artery disease. Journal of Nutrition. 145: 299-305. doi: 10.3945/jn.114.203505
- 2015. Vitamin D3 supplementation does not modify cardiovascular risk profile of adults with inadequate vitamin D status. European Journal of Nutrition. 56: 621-634. doi: 10.1007/s00394-015-1106-8
- 2015. The association between nut consumption and the risk of total and ischemic stroke in a German cohort study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 69: 431-435. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2014.212
- 2015. Potential predictors of plasma fibroblast growth factor 23 concentrations: Cross-sectional analysis in the epic-Germany study. PLOS ONE. 10:e0133580. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0133580
- 2015. Plasma fibroblast growth factor 23 and risk of cardiovascular disease: results from the EPIC-Germany case-cohort study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). 30: 131-141. doi: 10.1007/s10654-014-9982-4
- 2014. Vitamin D is not linked to folate status and mRNA expression of intestinal proton-coupled folate transporter. European Journal of Nutrition. 53: 1115-1122. doi: 10.1007/s00394-013-0614-7
- 2014. Dietary, lifestyle, and genetic determinants of vitamin D status: a cross-sectional analysis from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Germany study. European Journal of Nutrition. 53: 731-741. doi: 10.1007/s00394-013-0577-8
- 2014. Plasma fibroblast growth factor 23, parathyroid hormone, 25-hydroxyvitamin D3, and risk of heart failure: A prospective, case-cohort study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 99: 947-955. doi: 10.1210/jc.2013-2963
- 2013. Vitamin D: do we get enough? : A discussion between vitamin D experts in order to make a step towards the harmonisation of dietary reference intakes for vitamin D across Europe. Osteoporosis International. 24: 1567-1577. doi: 10.1007/s00198-012-2231-3
- 2013. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and its genetic determinants in relation to incident type 2 diabetes: a prospective case-cohort study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). 28: 743-752. doi: 10.1007/s10654-013-9844-5
- 2013. DETERMINANTS OF VITAMIN D STATUS IN PATIENTS WITH STABLE ANGINA. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 63: 241-241.
- 2013. Validation of the German Diabetes Risk Score within a population-based representative cohort. Diabetic Medicine. 30: 1047-1053. doi: 10.1111/dme.12216
- 2013. 25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D, ITS GENETIC DETERMINANTS AND THE RISK OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES IN THE GERMAN ARM OF THE EPIC-STUDY. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 63: 1128-1129.
- 2013. Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and its genetic determinants in relation to incident myocardial infarction and stroke in the European Prospective Investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC)-Germany study. PLOS ONE. 8. 12 pages. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0069080
- 2013. BIOAVAILABILITY OF VITAMIN D2 AND D3 IN HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS - A RANDOMIZED TRIAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 63: 909-909.
- 2013. Bioavailability of vitamin D-2 and D-3 in healthy volunteers, a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 98: 4339-4345. doi: 10.1210/jc.2012-4287
- 2012. Omega-3 status and the relationship between plasma asymmetric dimethylarginine and risk of myocardial infarction in patients with suspected coronary artery disease. Cardiology Research and Practice. 11 pages. doi: 10.1155/2012/201742
- 2012. Reliability of plasma fibroblast growth factor 23 as risk biomarker in epidemiological studies measured over a four-month period. Annals of Clinical Biochemistry. 49: 542-545. doi: 10.1258/acb.2012.011273
- 2011. Comparison of two nutritional interventions in obese families. Ernährungs-Umschau (1977). 58: 122-127.
- 2011. Vitamin D status in healthy volunteers during autumn and winter. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 58: 36-36.
- 2011. Different classification of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents: effect on the frequency of overweight and obesity in Delitzsch, Germany. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 58: 339-339.
- 2010. Plasma gamma-glutamyltransferase, cysteinyl-glycine, and oxidized low-density lipoprotein: a pathway associated with myocardial infarction risk? Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. 30: 2053-2058. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.110.209346
- 2014. Comparison of organic and conventional food and food Production. Part III: Human health – an evaluation of human studies, animal models studies and biomarker studies. VKM Report. 2014:22-3. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 93 pages.
- 2013. Vurdering av særnorske forhold for produkter som er godkjent som ny mat i EU. Uttalelse fra faggruppen for ernæring, dietetiske produkter, ny mat og allergi i Vitenskapskomiteen for mattrygghet. VKM Report. 2013:45. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 11 pages.
- 2013. Assessment and updating of the fortification model from 2006. Opinion of the Panel on nutrition, dietetic products, novel food and allergy of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. VKM Report. 2013:02. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 19 pages.
- 2013. Assessment of vitamin A and D in food supplements. Opinion of the Panel on nutrition, dietetic products, novel food and allergy of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. VKM Report. 2013:01. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 20 pages.
- 2013. Risk assessment of histidine, methionine, S-adenosylmethionine and tryptophan. Opinion of the Panel on nutrition, dietetic products, novel food and allergy of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. VKM Report. 2013:10. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 34 pages.
- 2013. Benefit and risk assessment of breastmilk for infant health in Norway. Opinion of the Steering Committee of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. VKM Report. 2013:44. Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety (VKM), Oslo, Norway. 303 pages.
- 2013. B vitamins and disease. Chapter 2, pages 21-34. In:
- 2013. B Vitamins and Folate : Chemistry, Analysis, Function and Effects. Royal Society of Chemistry. 855 pages. ISBN: 978-1-84973-369-4.
- 2013. Good clinical practice. 21, pages 401-414. In:
- 2013. Epidemiology: Principles and Practical Guidelines. Elsevier. 621 pages. ISBN: 978-94-007-5988-6.
E. Degerud, K.H. Løland, O. Nygård, O. Midttun, P.M. Ueland, R. Seifert, E. Strand, O. Bleie, J. Dierkes. Vitamin D status was not associated with 'one-year' progression of coronary artery disease, assessed by coronary angiography in statin-treated patients. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2015;22:431-5
R. di Giuseppe, B. Buijsse, F. Hirche, J. Wirth, M. Arregui, S. Westphal, B. Isermann, H.W. Hense, J. Dierkes, H. Boeing, G.I. Stangl, C. Weikert. Plasma Fibroblast Growth Factor 23, Parathyroid Hormone, 25-HydroxyvitaminD3 and risk of Heart Failure: a prospective, case-cohort study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 Mar;99(3):947-55
U. Lehmann, F. Hirche, G. Stangl, K. Hinz, S. Westphal, J. Dierkes. Bioavailability of vitamin D(2) and D(3) in healthy volunteers, a randomized placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Nov;98(11):4339-45.
H. Borgeraas, E. Strand, E. Ringdal Pedersen, J. Dierkes, P.M. Ueland, R. Seifert, E.R. Wilberg, P. Bohov, R.K. Berge, D.W. Nilsen, O. Nygård. Omega-3 Status and the Relationship between Plasma Asymmetric Dimethylarginine and Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Patients with Suspected Coronary Artery Disease. Cardiol Res Pract. 2012:201742
Heinz J, Kropf S, Domröse U, Westphal S, Borucki K, Luley C, Neumann KH, Dierkes J. B vitamins and the risk of total mortality and cardiovascular disease in end-stage renal disease: results of a randomized controlled trial. Circulation. 2010 Mar 30;121(12):1432-8.
Borucki K, Weikert C, Fisher E, Jakubiczka S, Luley C, Westphal S, Dierkes J. Haplotypes in the UGT1A1 gene and their role as genetic determinants of bilirubin concentration in healthy German volunteers. Clin Biochem. 2009 Nov;42(16-17):1635-41.
Heinz J, Kropf S, Luley C, Dierkes J. Homocysteine as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease in patients treated by dialysis: a meta-analysis. Am J
Kidney Dis. 2009 Sep;54(3):478-89.
Weikert C, Westphal S, Berger K, Dierkes J, Möhlig M, Spranger J, Rimm EB,
Willich SN, Boeing H, Pischon T. Plasma resistin levels and risk of myocardial
infarction and ischemic stroke. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2647-53.
Weikert C, Dierkes J, Hoffmann K, Berger K, Drogan D, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Spranger J, Möhlig M, Luley C, Boeing H. B vitamin plasma levels and the risk of ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack in a German cohort. Stroke. 2007 Nov;38(11):2912-8
Dierkes J, Weikert C, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Westphal S, Luley C, Möhlig M, Spranger J, Boeing H. Plasma pyridoxal-5-phosphate and future risk of myocardial infarction in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition Potsdam cohort. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Jul;86(1):214-20.