- Phone+47 55 58 30 34
- Visitor AddressHF-bygget, Sydnesplassen 7
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
My academic interests include comparative syntax, language change, historical linguistics, language contact and heritage languages. To date, null arguments, pronouns and DP syntax have been been my major focus areas. I am currently investigating aspects of the syntax of American Norwegian, i.e. Norwegian spoken by the descendants of Norwegian emigrants to the USA/Canada. These speakers have acquired Norwegian in a naturalistic setting as young children, but are separated from the speech community in Norway.
I was awarded a PhD at the University of Oslo in 2016 and have teaching experience from courses in Norwegian grammar, syntax and historical linguistics. Before taking up my current post, I held postdoctoral research positions at the University of Cambridge and the University of Oslo.
I am the Principal Investigator of the research project Norwegian across the Americas.
- 2020. Stability and attrition in American Norwegian nominals: a view from predicate nouns. Journal of Comparative Germanic Linguistics.
- 2018. On Ek and Jak in Middle Norwegian: Mixed Methods in Historical Sociolinguistics. Transactions of the Philological Society. 383-409.
- 2017. Null arguments in Old Norwegian: Interaction between pronouns and the functional categories of the clause. Linguistic Variation. 309-346.
- 2016. Referential vs. non-referential null subjects in Middle Norwegian. Nordic Journal of Linguistics. 277-310.
- 2020. Exploring Norn from a Heritage Language Perspective.
- 2020. Argumentskiften över gränser och generationer.
- 2019. Argumentskifte over grenser og generasjoner .
- 2014. Null subjects in early Icelandic.
- 2012. Developing Academic Word Lists for Swedish, Norwegian and Danish – a joint research project.
- 2020. Et grammatisk uttrykk for nærhet: psykologisk proksimale possessiver i norsk. NLT - Norsk lingvistisk tidsskrift. 133-147.
- 2009. Henrik Ibsens skrifter 11. Tekstbind. 1.
- 2016. Null Subjects in the History of Norwegian.
- 2019. Bare singular nouns in Middle Norwegian. 22 pages.
- 2014. The cognitive status of null subject referents in Old Norse and their Modern Norwegian counterparts. 28 pages.
- 2012. Developing Academic Word Lists for Swedish, Norwegian and Danish - a joint research project. 7 pages.
- 2016. Null subjects in early Icelandic. 31-78.