For an updated publication list see Pubmed.
(The links below may not be completely updated)
- (2022). Refining the Role of Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinases in Glioblastoma Development. Cancers. 1-21.
- (2022). Metabolic flux analysis of 3D spheroids reveals significant differences in glucose metabolism from matched 2D cultures of colorectal cancer and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cell lines. Cancer & Metabolism. 16 pages.
- (2022). Activity monitoring and patient-reported outcome measures in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients. PLOS ONE. 21 pages.
- (2021). The Parkinson's-disease-associated mutation LRRK2-G2019S alters dopaminergic differentiation dynamics via NR2F1. Cell reports.
- (2021). Metformin treatment response is dependent on glucose growth conditions and metabolic phenotype in colorectal cancer cells. Scientific Reports. 1-10.
- (2021). Blocking aerobic glycolysis by targeting pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase in combination with EGFR TKI and ionizing radiation increases therapeutic effect in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Cancers. 24 pages.
- (2021). Axl-inhibitor bemcentinib alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction in the unilateral ureter obstruction murine model. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. 7407-7417.
- (2021). A map of metabolic phenotypes in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight. 1-19.
- (2020). Metabolic analysis of amino acids and vitamin B6 pathways in lymphoma survivors with cancer related chronic fatigue. PLOS ONE. 1-16.
- (2020). Intravenous Cyclophosphamide in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. An Open-Label Phase II Study. Frontiers in medicine. 1-15.
- (2019). Upregulated PDK4 expression is a sensitive marker of increased fatty acid oxidation. Mitochondrion (Amsterdam. Print). 97-110.
- (2019). The homeobox factor Irx3 maintains adipogenic identity. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental.
- (2019). Neural stem cells of Parkinson's disease patients exhibit aberrant mitochondrial morphology and functionality. Stem Cell Reports. 878-889.
- (2019). Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration prevents BRAF-mutant melanoma brain metastasis. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-19.
- (2019). Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer & Metabolism.
- (2018). Thioridazine inhibits autophagy and sensitizes glioblastoma cells to temozolomide. International Journal of Cancer. 1735-1745.
- (2018). Introducing nano-scale quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 923-926.
- (2017). The angiogenic switch leads to a metabolic shift in human glioblastoma. Neuro-Oncology. 383-393.
- (2017). Peptide-mediated delivery of donor mitochondria improves mitochondrial function and cell viability in human cybrid cells with the MELAS A3243G mutation. Scientific Reports.
- (2017). Increased hepatic mitochondrial FA oxidation reduces plasma and liver TG levels and is associated with regulation of UCPs and APOC-III in rats. Journal of Lipid Research. 1362-1373.
- (2016). Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/chronic fatigue syndrome. JCI Insight.
- (2016). Far-infrared radiation protects viability in a cell model of Spinocerebellar Ataxia by preventing polyQ protein accumulation and improving mitochondrial function. Scientific Reports.
- (2015). Subcellular distribution of NAD+ between cytosol and mitochondria determines the metabolic profile of human cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 27644-27659.
- (2015). A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.
- (2014). Automated quantification and integrative analysis of 2D and 3D mitochondrial shape and network properties. PLOS ONE.
- (2013). Induction of mitochondrial biogenesis and respiration is associated with mTOR regulation in hepatocytes of rats treated with the pan-PPAR activator tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA). Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 573-578.
- (2011). Expression of the progenitor marker NG2/CSPG4 predicts poor survival and resistance to ionising radiation in glioblastoma. Acta Neuropathologica. 495-510.
- (2010). Protein kinase A activators and the pan-PPAR agonist tetradecylthioacetic acid elicit synergistic anti-leukaemic effects in AML through CREB. Leukemia Research. 77-84.
- (2010). Cellular stress induced by resazurin leads to autophagy and cell death via production of reactive oxygen species and mitochondrial impairment. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 574-584.
- (2009). Hyperoxic treatment induces mesenchymal to epithelial transition in a rat adenocarcinoma model. PLOS ONE.
- (2009). Hyperoxia increases the uptake of 5-FU in mammary tumors independently of cganges in interstitial pressure and tumor stroma. BMC Cancer.
- (2009). Camptothecin and khat (Catha edulis Forsk.) induced distinct cell death phenotypes involving modulation of c-FLIPL, Mcl-1, procaspase-8 and mitochondrial function in acute myeloid leukemia cell lines. Molecular Cancer.
- (2008). Long term treatment with tetradecylthioacetic acid improves the antioxidant status in obese Zucker (fa/fa) rats. Drug Metabolism Letters. 138-145.
- (2006). Is targeted chemotherapy an alternative to immunotherapy in chronic lymphocytic leukemia? Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy. 221-228.
- (2006). A bioactively modified fatty acid improves survival and impairs metastasis in preclinical models of acute leukemia. Clinical Cancer Research. 3525-3531.
- (2005). The metabolic syndrome and the hepatic fatty acid drainage hypothesis. Biochimie. 15-20.
- (2005). In vitro culture of human osteosarcoma cell lines: a comparison of functional characteristics for cell lines cultured in medium without and with fetal calf serum. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. 377-384.
- (2005). Antipsychotic drugs activate SREBP-regulated expression of lipid biosynthetic genes in cultured human glioma cells: a novel mechanism of action? The Pharmacogenomics Journal. 298-304.
- (2001). Growth reduction in glioma cells after treatment with tetradecylthioacetic acid: changes in fatty acid metabolism and oxidative status. Biochemical Pharmacology. 639-649.
- (1999). In contrast with docosahexaenoic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid and hypolipidaemic derivatives decrease hepatic synthesis and secretion of triacyllycerol by decreased diacylglycerol acyltransferase activity and stimulation of fatty acid oxidation. Biochemical Journal. 191-197.
- (2018). ME/CFS - Energisvikt i kroppens celler .
- (2018). Cellular Energetics in ME/CFS (public).
Popular scientific lecture
- (2018). Me-forskning i Bergen.
- (2018). Cellular Energetics in ME/CFS.
- (2017). Defective energy metabolism in ME/CFS (Prosjektpresentasjon, NFR BehovME, 2017-2020).
- (2013). Mitochondrial function, biogenesis and morphology in cellular stress.
- (2012). Mitochondrial morphology and biogenesis in cellular stress.
- (1998). Metabolic effects of 3-thia fatty acid in cancer cells.
Reader opinion piece
- (2018). Kronisk utmattelsessyndrom og pyruvat dehydrogenasefunksjon . Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 12-13.
- (2017). Mer om pyruvat dehydrogenase og kronisk utmattelsessyndrom. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2017). Chronic fatigue syndrome and pyruvate dehydrogenase function. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2004). Book review: Lipid Biochemistry - An Introduction, 5th edn., edited by Michael I. Gurr, John L Harwood and Keith N. Frayn. Blackwell Science Ltd., Oxford (UK) 2002. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology. 452-452.
- (2018). Kronisk utmattelsessyndrom og pyruvat dehydrogenasefunksjon.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (1997). Proliferation of malignant rat glioma cells in reduced by the sulphur substituted fatty acid analogue tetradecylthioacetic acid; a stud on oxidative status (Cand. scient).
- (2020). Hunting metabolic changes in ME/CFS by investigating cellular responses to applied stress and patient serum factors.
- (2020). Exploring passive transfer of Myalgic Encephalopathy/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) metabolic disturbances on cultured mouse- and human muscle cells.
- (2019). The role of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinases (PDKs) in rewiring of cell metabolism under energy stress.
- (2019). Alterations in cellular metabolism during development of cancer therapy resistance.
- (2015). The Role of Persistent Organic Pollutants in Induction of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Hepatocytes in vitro and in vivo.
- (2014). The effect of tetradedecylthioacetic acid on insulin production and mitochondrial function in INS-1E β-cells.
- (2014). Effekt av hypoksia på Annexin A2 i mitokondrier fra HepG2- og PC12-celler.
- (2013). Metabolic reprogramming in Slug and Twist overexpressing MCF10A cells.
- (2012). Mitochondrial function and metabolic stress tolerance in fibroblasts from patients with mutations in POLG.
- (2012). A study of mitochondrial function, ROS and signaling in Twist overexpressing cells.
- (2011). AMPK SOM REGULATOR AV MITOKONDRIELL BIOGENESE I EN NY REPORTER-CELLEMODELL.
- (2009). Possible interactions between EGFR vIII mediated regulation of proliferation and metabolism in glioma cells.
- (2009). Mulige interaksjoner mellom tyrosin kinase reseptoren Axl, metabolisme og proliferasjon i brystkreftceller (MDA-MB-231).
- (2008). Growth Factors and Cardioprotection; - with special reference to insulin and IGF-II survival signalling at ischemic reperfusion.
- (2007). Mitocondrial metabolism and tumor growth control.
- (2019). A study on features and markers of cellular metabolic rewiring.
- (2017). A study of cellular metabolic flexibility under energy stress.
- (2012). A mitochondrial reporter system for studies on NRF-1/AMPK activity and regulation in viable cells. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Bioenergetics. S70-S70.
- (2010). NG2 PROMOTES RESISTANCE TO IONIZING RADIATION BY ELEVATED PEROXIREDOXIN-1 AND DNA DAMAGE RESPONSE IN GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME. Neuro-Oncology. 8-8.
- (2008). Mitochondrial function in cancer cell line models. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Bioenergetics. S41-S41.
- (2007). Synergistic anti-leukemic effect of protein kinase a activator and PPAR7agonist is independent of Bcl-2 status. Blood. 117B-117B.
- (2018). Metabolic profiling of Colorectal cancer in 3D.
- (2009). Hyperoxic Treatment induces Mesenchymal-to-Epithelial Transition in a Rat Adenocarcinoma Model.
- (2004). PPAR-delta activation in relation to reduction of adipose tissue.
- (2022). Author Correction: Metformin treatment response is dependent on glucose growth conditions and metabolic phenotype in colorectal cancer cells (Scientific Reports, (2021), 11, 1, (10487), 10.1038/s41598-021-89861-6). Scientific Reports.
- (2016). Corrigendum: A new live-cell reporter strategy to simultaneously monitor mitochondrial biogenesis and morphology. Scientific Reports.
Academic literature review
- (2021). Pathomechanisms and possible interventions in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). Journal of Clinical Investigation.
- (2014). Regulation and quantification of cellular mitochondrial morphology and content. Current pharmaceutical design. 5634-5652.
- (2010). Connexin-based signaling in acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Biomembranes. 1-8.
- (2007). Targeting mitochondria in the treatment of human cancer: a coordinated attack against cancer cell energy metabolism and signalling. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 1055-1069.
- (2006). Protein lysine acetylation in normal and leukaemic haematopoiesis: HDACs as possible therapeutic targets in adult AML. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 51-68.