The main research aim is to characterize metabolic phenotypes of human leukemia cells, and investigate how metabolic pathways may be implicated in the development of cancer cells`drug resistance.
Additional research interests include the contribution of the microenvironment in acute myeloid leukemia (AML); in particular how leukemia cells are influenced by stromal cells and chemokines, and how leukemia cells adapt to changes in oxygen levels and nutrient availability.
- 2018. The healthy donor profile of immunoregulatory soluble mediators is altered by stem cell mobilization and apheresis. Cytotherapy. 20: 740-754. doi: 10.1016/j.jcyt.2018.02.366
- 2018. Two acute myeloid leukemia patient subsets are identified based on the constitutive PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling of their leukemic cells; a functional, proteomic and transcriptomic comparison. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 22: 639-653. doi: 10.1080/14728222.2018.1487401
- 2018. Clonal heterogeneity reflected by pi3k-akt-mtor signaling in human acute myeloid leukemia cells and its association with adverse prognosis. Cancers. 10:332: 1-15. doi: 10.3390/cancers10090332
- 2018. Resistance to the antiproliferative in vitro effect of PI3K-Akt-mTOR inhibition in primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells is associated with altered cell metabolism. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 19:382: 1-18. doi: 10.3390/ijms19020382
- 2018. Patients with treatment-requiring chronic graft versus host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation have altered metabolic profiles due to the disease and immunosuppressive therapy: Potential implication for biomarkers. Frontiers in Immunology. 8:1979: 1-15. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.01979
- 2017. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alters the systemic metabolomic profile in healthy donors. Metabolomics. 13:2: 1-10. doi: 10.1007/s11306-016-1139-x
- 2016. Targeting of cell metabolism in human acute myeloid leukemia - more than targeting of isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations and PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling? European Journal of Haematology. 96: 211-221. doi: 10.1111/ejh.12690
- 2016. Co-transplantation of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cytotherapy. 18: 172-185. doi: 10.1016/j.jcyt.2015.11.010
- 2016. The pretransplant systemic metabolic profile reflects a risk of acute graft versus host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Metabolomics. 12. doi: 10.1007/s11306-015-0880-x
- 2015. Metabolic serum profiles for patients receiving allogeneic stem cell transplantation: the pretransplant profile differs for patients with and without posttransplant capillary leak syndrome. Disease Markers. 2015:943430. 13 pages. doi: 10.1155/2015/943430
Bergen Research Foundation funded project: Characterization of metabolic phenotypes and signaling pathways in acute myeloid leukemia and their role in anti-leukemia treatment.