The main research aim is to characterize metabolic phenotypes of human leukemia cells, and investigate how metabolic pathways may be implicated in the development of cancer cells`drug resistance.
Additional research interests include the contribution of the microenvironment in acute myeloid leukemia (AML); in particular how leukemia cells are influenced by stromal cells and chemokines, and how leukemia cells adapt to changes in oxygen levels and nutrient availability.
- 2018. Resistance to the Antiproliferative In Vitro Effect of PI3K-Akt-mTOR Inhibition in Primary Human Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells Is Associated with Altered Cell Metabolism. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 19.
- 2017. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alters the systemic metabolomic profile in healthy donors. Metabolomics. 13:2: 1-10. doi: 10.1007/s11306-016-1139-x
- 2016. Targeting of cell metabolism in human acute myeloid leukemia - more than targeting of isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations and PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling? European Journal of Haematology. 96: 211-221. doi: 10.1111/ejh.12690
- 2016. Co-transplantation of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cytotherapy. 18: 172-185. doi: 10.1016/j.jcyt.2015.11.010
- 2016. The pretransplant systemic metabolic profile reflects a risk of acute graft versus host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Metabolomics. 12. doi: 10.1007/s11306-015-0880-x
- 2015. STAT3 as a possible therapeutic target in human malignancies: lessons from acute myeloid leukemia. Expert Review of Hematology. 8: 29-41. doi: 10.1586/17474086.2015.971005
- 2015. The cytokine-mediated crosstalk between primary human acute myeloid cells and mesenchymal stem cells alters the local cytokine network and the global gene expression profile of the mesenchymal cells. Stem Cell Research. 15: 530-541. doi: 10.1016/j.scr.2015.09.008
- 2015. Metabolic serum profiles for patients receiving allogeneic stem cell transplantation: the pretransplant profile differs for patients with and without posttransplant capillary leak syndrome. Disease Markers. 2015:943430. 13 pages. doi: 10.1155/2015/943430
- 2015. Emerging therapeutic targets for the treatment of human acute myeloid leukemia (part 1) - gene transcription, cell cycle regulation, metabolism and intercellular communication. Expert Review of Hematology. 8: 299-313. doi: 10.1586/17474086.2015.1032935
- 2014. In Vitro Characterization of Valproic Acid, ATRA, and Cytarabine Used for Disease-Stabilization in Human Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Antiproliferative Effects of Drugs on Endothelial and Osteoblastic Cells and Altered Release of Angioregulatory Mediators by Endothelial Cells. Leukemia Research and Treatment. 2014. doi: 10.1155/2014/143479
Bergen Research Foundation funded project: Characterization of metabolic phenotypes and signaling pathways in acute myeloid leukemia and their role in anti-leukemia treatment.