The main research aim is to characterize metabolic phenotypes of human leukemia cells, and investigate how metabolic pathways may be implicated in the development of cancer cells`drug resistance.
Additional research interests include the contribution of the microenvironment in acute myeloid leukemia (AML); in particular how leukemia cells are influenced by stromal cells and chemokines, and how leukemia cells adapt to changes in oxygen levels and nutrient availability.
- 2020. The PI3K-AKT-MTOR signaling pathway in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. 1-22.
- 2019. Systemic Metabolomic Profiling of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients before and During Disease-Stabilizing Treatment Based on All-Trans Retinoic Acid, Valproic Acid, and Low-Dose Chemotherapy. Cells.
- 2019. Effects of insulin and pathway inhibitors on the PI3K-Akt-mTOR phosphorylation profile in acute myeloid leukemia cells. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy.
- 2018. Two acute myeloid leukemia patient subsets are identified based on the constitutive PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling of their leukemic cells; a functional, proteomic and transcriptomic comparison. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 639-653.
- 2018. The healthy donor profile of immunoregulatory soluble mediators is altered by stem cell mobilization and apheresis. Cytotherapy. 740-754.
- 2018. Resistance to the antiproliferative in vitro effect of PI3K-Akt-mTOR inhibition in primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells is associated with altered cell metabolism. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-18.
- 2018. Patients with treatment-requiring chronic graft versus host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation have altered metabolic profiles due to the disease and immunosuppressive therapy: Potential implication for biomarkers. Frontiers in Immunology. 1-15.
- 2018. Clonal heterogeneity reflected by pi3k-akt-mtor signaling in human acute myeloid leukemia cells and its association with adverse prognosis. Cancers. 1-15.
- 2017. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor alters the systemic metabolomic profile in healthy donors. Metabolomics. 1-10.
- 2016. Co-transplantation of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 172-185.
Bergen Research Foundation funded project: Characterization of metabolic phenotypes and signaling pathways in acute myeloid leukemia and their role in anti-leukemia treatment.