The main research aim is to characterize metabolic phenotypes of human leukemia cells, and investigate how metabolic pathways may be implicated in the development of cancer cells`drug resistance.
Additional research interests include the contribution of the microenvironment in acute myeloid leukemia (AML); in particular how leukemia cells are influenced by stromal cells and chemokines, and how leukemia cells adapt to changes in oxygen levels and nutrient availability.
- (2022). Endocan in Acute Leukemia: Current Knowledge and Future Perspectives. Biomolecules.
- (2021). Effects of the autophagy‐inhibiting agent chloroquine on acute myeloid leukemia cells; characterization of patient heterogeneity. Journal of Personalized Medicine. 1-23.
- (2020). The PI3K-AKT-MTOR signaling pathway in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-22.
- (2020). Targeting cellular metabolism in acute myeloid leukemia and the role of patient heterogeneity. Cells. 1-26.
- (2019). Systemic Metabolomic Profiling of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients before and During Disease-Stabilizing Treatment Based on All-Trans Retinoic Acid, Valproic Acid, and Low-Dose Chemotherapy. Cells.
- (2019). Effects of insulin and pathway inhibitors on the PI3K-Akt-mTOR phosphorylation profile in acute myeloid leukemia cells. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy.
- (2018). Two acute myeloid leukemia patient subsets are identified based on the constitutive PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling of their leukemic cells; a functional, proteomic and transcriptomic comparison. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 639-653.
- (2018). The healthy donor profile of immunoregulatory soluble mediators is altered by stem cell mobilization and apheresis. Cytotherapy. 740-754.
- (2018). Resistance to the antiproliferative in vitro effect of PI3K-Akt-mTOR inhibition in primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells is associated with altered cell metabolism. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-18.
- (2018). Patients with treatment-requiring chronic graft versus host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation have altered metabolic profiles due to the disease and immunosuppressive therapy: Potential implication for biomarkers. Frontiers in Immunology. 1-15.
Bergen Research Foundation funded project: Characterization of metabolic phenotypes and signaling pathways in acute myeloid leukemia and their role in anti-leukemia treatment.