- 2019. A field study of the edible red alga Vertebrata lanosa (Rhodophyta). Journal of Applied Phycology. 1-11.
- 2018. Summer distribution and demography of Antarctic krill Euphausia superba Dana, 1852 (Euphausiacea) at the South Orkney Islands, 2011–2015. Journal of Crustacean Biology. 1-7.
- 2018. Life history of Sacculina carcini Thompson, 1836 (Cirripedia: Rhizocephala: Sacculinidae) and the intermoult cycle of its host, the shore crab Carcinus maenas (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda: Brachyura: Carcinidae). Journal of Crustacean Biology. 413-419.
- 2018. A 90-day toxicity and genotoxicity study with high-purity phenylcapsaicin. Toxicology Research and Application. 1-21.
- 2017. Duration of the parasitic phase determines subsequent performance in juvenile freshwater pearl mussels (Margaritifera margaritifera). Ecology and Evolution. 1375-1383.
- 2016. When to reproduce? A new answer to an old question. American Naturalist.
- 2016. An enriched environment promotes shelter-seeking behaviour and survival of hatchery-produced juvenile European lobster (Homarus gammarus). PLOS ONE.
- 2015. Tracking individual herring within a semi-enclosed coastal marine ecosystem: 3-Dimensional dynamics from pre- To post-spawning. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 267-279.
- 2015. Size dependent male reproductive tactic in the two-spotted goby (Gobiusculus flavescens). PLOS ONE.
- 2015. How water exchange and seasonality affect the eutrophication of Murchison Bay, Lake Victoria. Limnologica. 60-73.
- 2014. State-dependent spatial and intra-school dynamics in pre-spawning herring Clupea harengus in a semi-enclosed ecosystem. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 251-263.
- 2014. Correlative evidence for competition between fucus serratus and the introduced chlorophyte codium fragile subsp. fragile on the southwest coast of norway. Botanica Marina. 85-97.
- 2014. A characterization of the ZFL cell line and primary hepatocytes as in vitro liver cell models for the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquatic Toxicology. 7-17.
- 2013. The protection afforded by the outer layer to procercoids of Schistocephalus solidus during passage through the stomach lumen of their vertebrate host (Gasterosteus aculeatus). Experimental parasitology. 12-17.
- 2013. Environmental enrichment promotes neural plasticity and cognitive ability in fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. 7 pages.
- 2013. Environmental enrichment promotes neural plasticity and cognative behaviour in fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Section B.
- 2011. Who benefits from reduced reproduction in parasitized hosts? An experimental test using the Pasteuria ramosa-Daphnia magna system. Parasitology. 1910-1915.
- 2011. Topography is a limiting distributional factor in the soprano pipistrelle at its latitudinal extreme. Mammalian Biology. 295-301.
- 2011. Effects of habitat enrichment and food availability on the foraging behaviour of juvenile Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua L). Environmental Biology of Fishes. 449-457.
- 2010. Enrichment promotes learning in fish. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 273-282.
- 2008. Ectoparasite intensities are correlated with endoparasite infection loads in willow ptarmigan. Oikos. 515-520.
- 2006. Vector-borne parasites decrease host mobility: A field test of freeze or flee behaviour of willow ptarmigan. International Journal of Parasitology. 735-740.
- 2006. Empirical support for optimal virulence in a castrating parasite. PLoS Biology. 1265-1269.
- 2004. Variation for phenoloxidase activity and its relation to parasite resistance within and between populations of Daphnia magna. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. 1175-1183.
- 2004. Disease dynamics: all caused by males? Trends in Ecology & Evolution. 219-220.
- 2002. Predator evasion in Daphnia: the adaptive value of aggregation associated with attack abatement. Oecologia. 461-467.
- 2001. Experimental field and laboratory tests of food search in Daphnia pulex. Verhandlungen - Internationale Vereinigung für Theoretische und Angewandte Limnologie. 1795-1802.
- 2001. Detecting food search in Daphnia in the field. Limnology and Oceanography. 1013-1020.
- 1999. How important is light in the aggregating behaviour of Daphnia pulex (Cladocera: Crustacea)? Hydrobiologia. 13-18.
- 1998. Fish kairomone regulation of internal swarm structure in Daphnia pulex (Cladocera: Crustacea). Hydrobiologia. 123-127.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2014. Gir «møblert oppvekst» smartare settefisk med betre overleving?
- 2015. Size dependent male reproductive tactic in the two-spotted goby (Gobiusculus flavescens).
- 2014. Characterizing appetite controlling system in fast-growing Atlantic cod larvae.
- 1998. Zooplankton and patchy food distributions.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2018. Marine Ecological Field Methods - A guide for marine biologists and fisheries scientists. John Wiley & Sons.
- 1998. Anvendt statistikk ved bruk av SAS/STAT.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 1996. Spatial distribution of <EM>Daphnia pulex</EM> : the role of fish kairomones, light distribution and food level.
- 2006. Does Daphnia magna Straus adaptively respond to a castrating parasite by changing its mode of reproduction?
Popular scientific article
- 2004. Flokkdanning hos byttedyr � beskyttelse og kamp om ressurser. Naturen. 37-40.
- 2004. Akvakultur � oppdrett av sykdomsorganismer? Fiskehelse. 15-19.
- 2000. Gregariousness in Daphnia: Significance of food distribution and predator evation.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2018. The marine Environment. 31 pages.
- 2018. Sorting specimens and preserving materials. 30 pages.
- 2018. Sampling gears and equipment. 46 pages.
- 2018. Planning marine field studies. 41 pages.
- 2018. Data analysis. 57 pages.
- 2009. Daphnia magna castrated by Pasteuria ramosa regain reproduction: Testing models on evolution of parasitic castration.
- 2000. Detecting food search in Daphnia in the field.