- (2021). Feeding Hotspots and Distribution of Fin and Humpback Whales in the Norwegian Sea From 2013 to 2018. Frontiers in Marine Science. 13 pages.
- (2020). Rapid life-history evolution in a wild Daphnia pulex population in response to novel size-dependent predation. Evolutionary Ecology. 257-271.
- (2019). A field study of the edible red alga Vertebrata lanosa (Rhodophyta). Journal of Applied Phycology. 1-11.
- (2018). Summer distribution and demography of Antarctic krill Euphausia superba Dana, 1852 (Euphausiacea) at the South Orkney Islands, 2011–2015. Journal of Crustacean Biology. 682-688.
- (2018). Life history of Sacculina carcini Thompson, 1836 (Cirripedia: Rhizocephala: Sacculinidae) and the intermoult cycle of its host, the shore crab Carcinus maenas (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda: Brachyura: Carcinidae). Journal of Crustacean Biology. 413-419.
- (2018). A 90-day toxicity and genotoxicity study with high-purity phenylcapsaicin. Toxicology Research and Application. 1-21.
- (2017). Duration of the parasitic phase determines subsequent performance in juvenile freshwater pearl mussels (Margaritifera margaritifera). Ecology and Evolution. 1375-1383.
- (2016). When to reproduce? A new answer to an old question. The American Naturalist.
- (2016). An enriched environment promotes shelter-seeking behaviour and survival of hatchery-produced juvenile European lobster (Homarus gammarus). PLOS ONE.
- (2015). Tracking individual herring within a semi-enclosed coastal marine ecosystem: 3-Dimensional dynamics from pre- To post-spawning. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 267-279.
- (2015). Size dependent male reproductive tactic in the two-spotted goby (Gobiusculus flavescens). PLOS ONE.
- (2015). How water exchange and seasonality affect the eutrophication of Murchison Bay, Lake Victoria. Limnologica. 60-73.
- (2014). State-dependent spatial and intra-school dynamics in pre-spawning herring Clupea harengus in a semi-enclosed ecosystem. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 251-263.
- (2014). Correlative evidence for competition between fucus serratus and the introduced chlorophyte codium fragile subsp. fragile on the southwest coast of norway. Botanica Marina. 85-97.
- (2014). A characterization of the ZFL cell line and primary hepatocytes as in vitro liver cell models for the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquatic Toxicology. 7-17.
- (2013). The protection afforded by the outer layer to procercoids of Schistocephalus solidus during passage through the stomach lumen of their vertebrate host (Gasterosteus aculeatus). Experimental parasitology. 12-17.
- (2013). Environmental enrichment promotes neural plasticity and cognitive ability in fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. 7 pages.
- (2013). Environmental enrichment promotes neural plasticity and cognative behaviour in fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Section B.
- (2011). Who benefits from reduced reproduction in parasitized hosts? An experimental test using the Pasteuria ramosa-Daphnia magna system. Parasitology. 1910-1915.
- (2011). Topography is a limiting distributional factor in the soprano pipistrelle at its latitudinal extreme. Mammalian Biology. 295-301.
- (2011). Effects of habitat enrichment and food availability on the foraging behaviour of juvenile Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua L). Environmental Biology of Fishes. 449-457.
- (2010). Enrichment promotes learning in fish. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 273-282.
- (2008). Ectoparasite intensities are correlated with endoparasite infection loads in willow ptarmigan. Oikos. 515-520.
- (2006). Vector-borne parasites decrease host mobility: A field test of freeze or flee behaviour of willow ptarmigan. International Journal of Parasitology. 735-740.
- (2006). Empirical support for optimal virulence in a castrating parasite. PLoS Biology. 1265-1269.
- (2004). Variation for phenoloxidase activity and its relation to parasite resistance within and between populations of Daphnia magna. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. 1175-1183.
- (2004). Disease dynamics: all caused by males? Trends in Ecology & Evolution. 219-220.
- (2002). Predator evasion in Daphnia: the adaptive value of aggregation associated with attack abatement. Oecologia. 461-467.
- (2001). Experimental field and laboratory tests of food search in Daphnia pulex. Verhandlungen - Internationale Vereinigung für Theoretische und Angewandte Limnologie. 1795-1802.
- (2001). Detecting food search in Daphnia in the field. Limnology and Oceanography. 1013-1020.
- (1999). How important is light in the aggregating behaviour of Daphnia pulex (Cladocera: Crustacea)? Hydrobiologia. 13-18.
- (1998). Fish kairomone regulation of internal swarm structure in Daphnia pulex (Cladocera: Crustacea). Hydrobiologia. 123-127.
Popular scientific lecture
- (2014). Gir «møblert oppvekst» smartare settefisk med betre overleving?
- (2015). Size dependent male reproductive tactic in the two-spotted goby (Gobiusculus flavescens).
- (2014). Characterizing appetite controlling system in fast-growing Atlantic cod larvae.
- (1998). Zooplankton and patchy food distributions.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- (2018). Marine Ecological Field Methods - A guide for marine biologists and fisheries scientists. John Wiley & Sons.
- (1998). Anvendt statistikk ved bruk av SAS/STAT.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (1996). Spatial distribution of <EM>Daphnia pulex</EM> : the role of fish kairomones, light distribution and food level.
- (2006). Does Daphnia magna Straus adaptively respond to a castrating parasite by changing its mode of reproduction?
Popular scientific article
- (2004). Flokkdanning hos byttedyr � beskyttelse og kamp om ressurser. Naturen. 37-40.
- (2004). Akvakultur � oppdrett av sykdomsorganismer? Fiskehelse. 15-19.
- (2000). Gregariousness in Daphnia: Significance of food distribution and predator evation.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2018). The marine Environment. 31 pages.
- (2018). Sorting specimens and preserving materials. 30 pages.
- (2018). Sampling gears and equipment. 46 pages.
- (2018). Planning marine field studies. 41 pages.
- (2018). Data analysis. 57 pages.
- (2009). Daphnia magna castrated by Pasteuria ramosa regain reproduction: Testing models on evolution of parasitic castration.
- (2000). Detecting food search in Daphnia in the field.