- 2019. Race duration and blood pressure are major predictors of exercise-induced cardiac troponin elevation. International Journal of Cardiology. 1-8.
- 2019. Physical activity, exercise and cardiac troponins: Clinical implications. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. 108-115.
- 2019. Occult obstructive coronary artery disease is associated with prolonged cardiac troponin elevation following strenuous exercise. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology (EJPC). 1-10.
- 2019. Impact of different preanalytical conditions on results of lupus anticoagulant tests. International Journal of Laboratory Hematology (IJLH). 745-753.
- 2019. Handling of hemolyzed serum samples in clinical chemistry laboratories: The Nordic hemolysis project. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1699-1711.
- 2019. Aiming toWards Evidence baSed inTerpretation of Cardiac biOmarkers in patients pResenting with chest pain-the WESTCOR study: study design. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. 280-285.
- 2018. Usefulness of higher levels of cardiac troponin T in patients with stable angina pectoris to predict risk of acute myocardial infarction. American Journal of Cardiology. 1142-1147.
- 2018. The copeptin response after physical activity is not associated with cardiac biomarkers or asymptomatic coronary artery disease: The North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study (NEEDED) 2013. Clinical Biochemistry. 8-12.
- 2018. The cardiac troponin response following physical exercise in relation to biomarker criteria for acute myocardial infarction; the North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study (NEEDED) 2013. Clinica Chimica Acta. 155-159.
- 2017. Within-day biological variation and hour-to-hour reference change values for hematological parameters. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1013-1024.
- 2017. Could accreditation bodies facilitate the implementation of medical guidelines in laboratories? Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 806-808.
- 2017. A survey of patients' views from eight European countries of interpretive support from Specialists in Laboratory Medicine. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1496-1500.
- 2016. The variation in high sensitive cardiac troponin concentration during haemodialysis treatment is not similar to the biological variation observed in stable end stage renal disease patients. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 645-652.
- 2016. Analytical bias exceeding desirable quality goal in 4 out of 5 common immunoassays: Results of a native single serum sample external quality assessment program for cobalamin, folate, ferritin, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and free t4 analyses. Clinical Chemistry. 1255-1263.
- 2014. Weekly and 90-minute biological variations in cardiac troponin T and cardiac troponin I in hemodialysis patients and healthy controls. Clinical Chemistry. 838-847.
- 2014. The quality of laboratory aspects of troponin testing in clinical practice guidelines and consensus documents needs to be improved. Clinica Chimica Acta. 58-61.
- 2013. PSA-måling og prostatakreft – overdiagnostisering og overbehandling? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1711-1716.
- 2013. Nasjonale anbefalinger for tolkning av troponinverdier ved diagnostikk av akutt hjerteinfarkt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- 2013. Critical review of laboratory investigations in clinical practice guidelines: proposals for the description of investigation. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1217-1226.
- 2012. Reflective testing: adding value to laboratory testing. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1249-1252.
- 2012. How do laboratory specialists advise clinicians concerning the use and interpretation of renal tests? Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 143-151.
- 2011. Laboratory investigation and follow-up of chronic kidney disease stage 3 in primary care. Clinica Chimica Acta. 1138-1142.
- 2010. Monitoring renal function in children with Fabry disease: comparisons of measured and creatinine-based estimated glomerular filtration rate. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1507-1513.
- 2010. Diagnosing microalbuminuria and consequences for the drug treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes: A European survey in primary care. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 103-109.
- 2009. Validation of the Hemo_Control instrument for determination of B-haemoglobin concentration in primary health care. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 817-821.
- 2009. Monitoring renal Function in Fabry children: comparisons of measured and creatinine-based estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 7 pages.
- 2019. The rise and fall of the 99th percentile decision limit for cardiac troponins? International Journal of Cardiology. 25-26.
- 2019. Cardiac troponin increase after endurance exercise: A new marker of cardiovascular risk? Circulation. 815-818.
- 2010. Can changes in troponin results be useful in diagnosing myocardial infarction? Clinical Chemistry. 1047-1049.
Reader opinion piece
- 2013. Week-to-Week Biological Variation in the N-terminal Prohormone of Brain Natriuretic Peptide in Hemodialysis Patients and Healthy Individuals. Clinical Chemistry. 1813-1814.
- 2011. Use and Interpretation of Urinary Albumin and Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Findings in Primary Health Care.
- 2009. Monitoring renal Function in Fabry children; estimated or measured glomerular Filtration rate? Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 74-75.
Academic literature review
- 2020. Quantifying atherogenic lipoproteins for lipid-lowering strategies: Consensus-based recommendations from EAS and EFLM. 46-61.
- 2020. Quantifying atherogenic lipoproteins for lipid-lowering strategies: Consensus-based recommendations from EAS and EFLM. 496-517.
- 2020. Analytical performance of cardiac troponin assays – Current status and future needs. 149-155.
- 2016. Why are clinical practice guidelines not followed?: The European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine and European Union of Medical Specialists joint working group on Guidelines. 1133-1139.
- 2016. How well do laboratories adhere to recommended clinical guidelines for the management of myocardial infarction: The cardiac marker guidelines uptake in Europe study (carmague). 1264-1271.
- 2014. How to conduct External Quality Assessment Schemes for the pre-analytical phase? 114-122.
- 2012. Self-monitoring of blood glucose in patients with diabetes who do not use insulinuare guidelines evidence-based? 1226-1236.
- 2009. Evaluation of prescription and interpretation of microalbuminuria by general practitioners. 47-53.
- 2009. Current Issues in Measurement and Reporting of Urinary Albumin Excretion. 24-38.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2013. Varsling av sterkt avvikende analyseresultater til rekvirenter utenfor sykehus. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.