Kristin Moberg Aakre
- Visitor AddressHaukeland universitetssykehus, Laboratoriebygget5009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2022). Predictors of long-term symptom burden and quality of life in patients hospitalised with chest pain: a prospective observational study. BMJ Open. 1-10.
- (2022). Implementing screening for myocardial injury in non-cardiac surgery: perspectives of an ad-hoc interdisciplinary expert group. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. 31-39.
- (2022). Association between symptoms and risk of non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction according to age and sex in patients admitted to the emergency department with suspected acute coronary syndrome: a single-centre retrospective cohort study. BMJ Open. 1-12.
- (2022). Analytical considerations in deriving 99th percentile upper reference limits for high-sensitivity cardiac troponin assays: Educational recommendations from the IFCC committee on clinical application of cardiac bio-markers. Clinical Chemistry. 1022-1030.
- (2022). Adding stress biomarkers to high-sensitivity cardiac troponin for rapid non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction rule-out protocols. European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care. 201-212.
- (2021). The association between serum high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T and acute myocardial infarction in patients with suspected chronic coronary syndrome is modified by body mass index. International Journal of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention (IJCCRP).
- (2021). Regular consumption of cod liver oil is associated with reduced basal and exercise-induced C-reactive protein levels; a prospective observational trial: A NEEDED (The North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study) 2014 sub-study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (JISSN). 1-10.
- (2021). Quality benchmarking of smartphone laboratory medicine applications: Comparison of laboratory medicine specialists' and non-laboratory medicine professionals' evaluation. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 693-699.
- (2021). How Well Do Laboratories Adhere to Recommended Guidelines for Cardiac Biomarkers Management in Europe? The CArdiac MARker Guideline Uptake in Europe (CAMARGUE) Study of the European Federation of Laboratory Medicine Task Group on Cardiac Markers. Clinical Chemistry. 1144-1152.
- (2021). Diagnostic performance of novel troponin algorithms for the rule-out of non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. Clinical Chemistry. 291-302.
- (2021). Determinants of interindividual variation in exercise-induced cardiac troponin I levels. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). 1-14.
- (2021). Biomarker Testing Considerations in the Evaluation and Management of Patients With Heart Failure: Perspectives From the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine Committee. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 1456-1461.
- (2021). Biological variation of cardiac myosin-binding protein C in healthy individuals. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 8 pages.
- (2020). Update on current practice in laboratory medicine in respect of natriuretic peptide testing for heart failure diagnosis and management in Europe. The CARdiac MArker guideline Uptake in Europe (CARMAGUE) study. Clinica Chimica Acta. 59-66.
- (2020). Systemic Cardiac Troponin T Associated With Incident Atrial Fibrillation Among Patients With Suspected Stable Angina Pectoris. American Journal of Cardiology.
- (2020). Lot-to-lot variation for commercial high-sensitivity cardiac troponin: Can we realistically report down to the assay's limit of detection? Clinical Chemistry. 1146-1149.
- (2020). How well do laboratories adhere to recommended guidelines for dyslipidaemia management in Europe? The CArdiac MARker Guideline Uptake in Europe (CAMARGUE) study. Clinica Chimica Acta. 267-272.
- (2020). High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I and T Response Following Strenuous Activity is Attenuated by Smokeless Tobacco: NEEDED (North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study) 2014. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). 14 pages.
- (2020). Gastric bypass surgery is associated with reduced subclinical myocardial injury and greater activation of the cardiac natriuretic peptide system than lifestyle intervention. Clinical Biochemistry. 36-44.
- (2020). Endurance exercise training volume is not associated with progression of coronary artery calcification. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. 1024-1032.
- (2020). Duration of elevated heart rate Is an important predictor of exercise-induced troponin elevation. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). 1-19.
- (2020). Cardiac Troponin Assays With Improved Analytical Quality: A Trade‐Off Between Enhanced Diagnostic Performance and Reduced Long‐Term Prognostic Value. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). 23 pages.
- (2019). Race duration and blood pressure are major predictors of exercise-induced cardiac troponin elevation. International Journal of Cardiology. 1-8.
- (2019). Physical activity, exercise and cardiac troponins: Clinical implications. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. 108-115.
- (2019). Occult obstructive coronary artery disease is associated with prolonged cardiac troponin elevation following strenuous exercise. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology (EJPC). 1-10.
- (2019). Impact of different preanalytical conditions on results of lupus anticoagulant tests. International Journal of Laboratory Hematology (IJLH). 745-753.
- (2019). Handling of hemolyzed serum samples in clinical chemistry laboratories: The Nordic hemolysis project. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1699-1711.
- (2019). Aiming toWards Evidence baSed inTerpretation of Cardiac biOmarkers in patients pResenting with chest pain-the WESTCOR study: study design. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. 280-285.
- (2018). Usefulness of higher levels of cardiac troponin T in patients with stable angina pectoris to predict risk of acute myocardial infarction. American Journal of Cardiology. 1142-1147.
- (2018). The copeptin response after physical activity is not associated with cardiac biomarkers or asymptomatic coronary artery disease: The North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study (NEEDED) 2013. Clinical Biochemistry. 8-12.
- (2018). The cardiac troponin response following physical exercise in relation to biomarker criteria for acute myocardial infarction; the North Sea Race Endurance Exercise Study (NEEDED) 2013. Clinica Chimica Acta. 155-159.
- (2017). Within-day biological variation and hour-to-hour reference change values for hematological parameters. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1013-1024.
- (2017). Could accreditation bodies facilitate the implementation of medical guidelines in laboratories? Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 806-808.
- (2017). Are Heart Failure Management Recommendations and Guidelines Followed in Laboratory Medicine in Europe and North America? The Cardiac Marker Guideline Uptake in Europe (CARMAGUE) Study. The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine (JALM). 483-493.
- (2017). A survey of patients' views from eight European countries of interpretive support from Specialists in Laboratory Medicine. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1496-1500.
- (2016). The variation in high sensitive cardiac troponin concentration during haemodialysis treatment is not similar to the biological variation observed in stable end stage renal disease patients. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 645-652.
- (2016). Analytical bias exceeding desirable quality goal in 4 out of 5 common immunoassays: Results of a native single serum sample external quality assessment program for cobalamin, folate, ferritin, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and free t4 analyses. Clinical Chemistry. 1255-1263.
- (2014). Weekly and 90-minute biological variations in cardiac troponin T and cardiac troponin I in hemodialysis patients and healthy controls. Clinical Chemistry. 838-847.
- (2014). The quality of laboratory aspects of troponin testing in clinical practice guidelines and consensus documents needs to be improved. Clinica Chimica Acta. 58-61.
- (2013). PSA-måling og prostatakreft – overdiagnostisering og overbehandling? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1711-1716.
- (2013). Nasjonale anbefalinger for tolkning av troponinverdier ved diagnostikk av akutt hjerteinfarkt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2013). Critical review of laboratory investigations in clinical practice guidelines: proposals for the description of investigation. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1217-1226.
- (2012). Reflective testing: adding value to laboratory testing. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1249-1252.
- (2012). How do laboratory specialists advise clinicians concerning the use and interpretation of renal tests? Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 143-151.
- (2011). Laboratory investigation and follow-up of chronic kidney disease stage 3 in primary care. Clinica Chimica Acta. 1138-1142.
- (2010). Monitoring renal function in children with Fabry disease: comparisons of measured and creatinine-based estimated glomerular filtration rate. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 1507-1513.
- (2010). Diagnosing microalbuminuria and consequences for the drug treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes: A European survey in primary care. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 103-109.
- (2009). Validation of the Hemo_Control instrument for determination of B-haemoglobin concentration in primary health care. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. 817-821.
- (2009). Monitoring renal Function in Fabry children: comparisons of measured and creatinine-based estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. 7 pages.
- (2019). The rise and fall of the 99th percentile decision limit for cardiac troponins? International Journal of Cardiology. 25-26.
- (2019). Cardiac troponin increase after endurance exercise: A new marker of cardiovascular risk? Circulation. 815-818.
- (2010). Can changes in troponin results be useful in diagnosing myocardial infarction? Clinical Chemistry. 1047-1049.
Reader opinion piece
- (2013). Week-to-Week Biological Variation in the N-terminal Prohormone of Brain Natriuretic Peptide in Hemodialysis Patients and Healthy Individuals. Clinical Chemistry. 1813-1814.
- (2021). Biological variation, reference change values and index of individuality of GDF-15. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1-4.
Letter to the editor
- (2021). Impact of different sampling and storage procedures on stability of acid/base parameters in venous blood samples. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. E370-E373.
- (2019). How does the analytical quality of the high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T assay affect the ESC rule out algorithm for NSTEMI? Clinical Chemistry. 494-496.
- (2011). Use and Interpretation of Urinary Albumin and Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Findings in Primary Health Care.
- (2009). Monitoring renal Function in Fabry children; estimated or measured glomerular Filtration rate? Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 74-75.
- (2022). Erratum to ‘The association between serum high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T and acute myocardial infarction in patients with suspected chronic coronary syndrome is modified by body mass index☆,☆☆’ International Journal of Cardiology Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention. Volume 11, December 2021, 200,109 (International Journal of Cardiology Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention (2021) 11, (S2772487521000118), (10.1016/j.ijcrp.2021.200109)). International Journal of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Risk and Prevention (IJCCRP).
Academic literature review
- (2021). Biological variation of secretoneurin; a novel cardiovascular biomarker implicated in arrhythmogenesis. Clinical Biochemistry. 74-77.
- (2020). Quantifying atherogenic lipoproteins for lipid-lowering strategies: Consensus-based recommendations from EAS and EFLM. Atherosclerosis. 46-61.
- (2020). Analytical performance of cardiac troponin assays – Current status and future needs. Clinica Chimica Acta. 149-155.
- (2016). Why are clinical practice guidelines not followed?: The European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine and European Union of Medical Specialists joint working group on Guidelines. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 1133-1139.
- (2016). How well do laboratories adhere to recommended clinical guidelines for the management of myocardial infarction: The cardiac marker guidelines uptake in Europe study (carmague). Clinical Chemistry. 1264-1271.
- (2014). How to conduct External Quality Assessment Schemes for the pre-analytical phase? Biochemia Medica. 114-122.
- (2012). Self-monitoring of blood glucose in patients with diabetes who do not use insulinuare guidelines evidence-based? Diabetic Medicine. 1226-1236.
- (2009). Evaluation of prescription and interpretation of microalbuminuria by general practitioners. Annales de Biologie Clinique. 47-53.
- (2009). Current Issues in Measurement and Reporting of Urinary Albumin Excretion. Clinical Chemistry. 24-38.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2013). Varsling av sterkt avvikende analyseresultater til rekvirenter utenfor sykehus. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)