- Phone+47 993 17 482
- Visitor AddressOVERLEGE DANIELSSENS HUS (4th floor)Årstadveien 215009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2020. Translational Ethics and Challenges Involved in Putting Norms into Practice. American Journal of Bioethics. 71-73.
- 2020. The need for empathetic healthcare systems. Journal of Medical Ethics.
- 2020. Tensions and interplay: A qualitative study of access to patient-centered birth counseling of maternal cesarean requests in Norway. . Midwifery.
- 2020. Responsibility considerations and the design of health care policies: a survey study of the Norwegian population. HEC Forum.
- 2020. On the anatomy of health-related actions people could reasonably be held responsible for: A framework. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy.
- 2020. Machine Learning in Healthcare: Exceptional Technologies Require Exceptional Ethics. American Journal of Bioethics. 48-51.
- 2020. Incommensurable Processes of Reasoning and Implications for Empirical and Normative Bioethics. . AJOB Empirical Bioethics.
- 2020. How to reach trustworthy decisions for caesarean sections on maternal request: a call for beneficial power. Journal of Medical Ethics.
- 2020. How to Achieve Trusthworthy Artificial Intelligence for Health. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 1-12.
- 2019. Social impact under severe uncertainty: The role of neuroethicists at the intersection of neuroscience, AI, ethics, and policy-making . AJOB Neuroscience. 117-119.
- 2019. Maternal reasons for requesting planned cesarean section in Norway: A qualitative study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 1-10.
- 2019. Can clinical ethics committees be legitimate actors in bedside rationing? BMC Medical Ethics. 1-8.
- 2018. Towards theoretically robust evidence on health equity: A systematic approach to contextualising equity-relevant randomised controlled trials. Journal of Medical Ethics. 1-6.
- 2018. Standards of practice in empirical bioethics research: Towards a consensus. BMC Medical Ethics.
- 2018. Stakeholder participation for legitimate priority setting: A checklist. International Journal of Health Policy and Management. 973-976.
- 2018. On Fundamental Premises for Addressing “Context” and “Contextual Factors” Influencing Value Decisions in Healthcare; Comment on “Contextual Factors Influencing Cost and Quality Decisions in Health and Care: A Structured Evidence Review and Narrative Synthesis”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management. 958-960.
- 2018. Could information about herd immunity help us achieve herd immunity? Evidence from a population representative survey experiment. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 854-858.
- 2016. Økt rettsliggjøring for likebehandling i helsetjenesten? Retfærd. Nordisk Juridisk Tidsskrift. 6-18.
- 2016. Commentary to ‘Social Health Disparities in Clinical Care: A New Approach to Medical Fairness’ by Puschel, Furlan and Dekkers. Public Health Ethics.
- 2015. Phase-dependent justification: The role of personal responsibility in fair healthcare. Journal of Medical Ethics. 836-840.
- 2014. Translational ethics: An analytical framework of translational movements between theory and practice and a sketch of a comprehensive approach. BMC Medical Ethics.
- 2014. Providing free heroin to addicts participating in research - ethical concerns and the question of voluntariness. Psychiatric bulletin of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- 2014. Legitimate policymaking: The importance of including health-care workers in limit-setting decisions in health care. Public Health Ethics. 123-133.
- 2014. Legitimate healthcare limit setting in a real-world setting: Integrating accountability for reasonableness and multi-criteria decision analysis. Public Health Ethics. 144-157.
- 2014. Disease control priorities for neglected tropical diseases: lessons from priority ranking based on the quality of evidence, cost effectiveness, severity of disease, catastrophic health expenditures, and loss of productivity. Developing World Bioethics. 132-141.
- 2013. Should Norwegian citizens be permitted to use surrogacy in India? Etikk i praksis. 3-17.
- 2013. Bør man tillate at norske statsborgere benytter seg av surrogati i India? Etikk i praksis.
- 2013. Balancing efficiency, equity and feasibility of HIV treatment in South Africa – development of programmatic guidance. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation.
- 2011. Mellom samfunnsstrukturer og profesjon: om avgrensning, kultivering og premisser for adekvat skjønnsutøvelse i legerollen. Etikk i praksis. 23-44.
- 2011. MAPPING OUT STRUCTURAL FEATURES IN CLINICAL CARE CALLING FOR ETHICAL SENSITIVITY: A THEORETICAL APPROACH TO PROMOTE ETHICAL COMPETENCE IN HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL AND CLINICAL ETHICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (CESS). Bioethics. 394-402.
- 2011. Just health: on the conditions for acceptable and unacceptable priority settings with respect to patients' socioeconomic status. Journal of Medical Ethics. 526-529.
- 2010. Patient autonomy, assessment of competence and surrogate decision-making: a call for reasonableness in deciding for others. Bioethics. 87-95.
- 2010. Bør leger bidra til å utjevne sosial ulikhet i helse? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1024-1027.
- 2009. Priority-setting in healthcare: a framework for reasonable clinical judgements. Journal of Medical Ethics. 488-496.
- 2008. Priority setting in health care: on the relation between reasonable choices on the micro-level and the macro-level. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics. 87-102.
- 2005. Klinisk skjønn og prioriteringer. Tidsskrift for velferdsforskning. 89-98.
- 2019. Ethical accountability of decisions-makers in health: Readdressing power, risk and autonomy to promote trust .
- 2017. Democracy, technocracy and priority setting in health: on central values, perspectives and challenges.
- 2016. Equitable healthcare: On the potential impact of politicization, bureaucratization and medical standardization of healthcare distribution on social health inequality.
- 2015. On the potential impact of politicization, bureaucratization and medical standardization of healthcare distribution and social health inequality.
- 2014. Regulating for equity? A metodological approach for trans-disciplinary asessment of tensions and interplay between legal, political, adminstrative and professional priority-setting tools in healthcare.
- 2009. Forvaltning av skjønn i legerolle – mellom system og profesjonsperspektiv.
- 2008. Pasientautonomi.
- 2017. On classifying the field of medical ethics. BMC Medical Ethics. 1-8.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2018. Prioritering, styring og likebehandling: Utfordringer i norsk helsetjeneste. Cappelen Damm Akademisk.
- 2020. Vi bør forberede kriterier for neste epidemi nå. Bergens Tidende.
- 2020. Regjeringens strategi for kunstig intelligens svikter på vesentlige punkter. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- 2011. Priorities in global health. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- 2008. Med rett til å psykemelde. Morgenbladet.
- 2007. Når dyr blir organdonorer. Bergens Tidende.
- 2006. Et nytt og bedre menneske. Bergens Tidende.
- 2009. Delegated discretion: A call for reasonableness in surrogate decision-making and clinical judgment.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2018. Lik tilgang og likeverdige tjenester: hvordan styrke realiseringen av disse rettslige formålene? 25 pages.
- 2017. Medicine as Art and Science. 14 pages.
- 2015. Institusjonelle rammer: Vilkår for utvikling og kultivering av forskeres forskningsetiske skjønnsutøvelse. 12 pages.
- 2014. 'Undocomented' migrants' access to health care services in Europe : tansion between international human rights, national law and professional ethics.
- 2008. Priority setting in healthcare: A framework for reasonable clinical judgments.
- 2018. Styring, prioritering og likebehandling – om bokens innhold. 12-29.
Website (informational material)
- 2018. Ny bok om prioritering, styring og likebehandling - fra nettsiden til UiBs Globale helseprioriteringer.
- 2018. Health inequality and professional ethics at HiOA's Professional Ethics blog.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2018. Styringstiltak og rettferdighet i helse- og omsorgstjenesten: samspill og spenninger. Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning.
- 2010. Etikk i legevakt. Utposten.
- 2016. Etiske utfordringer i legevakt. 359-366. In:
- 2016. Legevaktarbeid - En innføringsbok for leger og sykepleiere. Gyldendal Norsk Forlag A/S.
Fields of competence