- (2022). The NADPARK study: A randomized phase I trial of nicotinamide riboside supplementation in Parkinson's disease. Cell Metabolism. 396-407.e6.
- (2022). A nationwide study of the incidence, prevalence and mortality of Parkinson’s disease in the Norwegian population. NPJ Parkinson's Disease. 1-8.
- (2021). NSAID use is not associated with Parkinson's disease incidence: A Norwegian Prescription Database study. PLOS ONE. 1-11.
- (2021). Genome-wide histone acetylation analysis reveals altered transcriptional regulation in the Parkinson’s disease brain. Molecular Neurodegeneration. 1-20.
- (2020). Meta-analysis of whole-exome sequencing data from two independent cohorts finds no evidence for rare variant enrichment in Parkinson disease associated loci. PLOS ONE. 1-9.
- (2020). Common gene expression signatures in Parkinson’s disease are driven by changes in cell composition. Acta neuropathologica communications. 1-14.
- (2018). Ultradeep mapping of neuronal mitochondrial deletions in Parkinson's disease. Neurobiology of Aging. 120-127.
- (2018). Rare genetic variation in mitochondrial pathways influences the risk for parkinson's disease. Movement Disorders. 1591-1600.
- (2017). The presence of anaemia negatively influences survival in patients with POLG disease. The Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease (JIMD). 861-866.
- (2017). The clinical spectrum and natural history of early-onset diseases due to DNA polymerase gamma mutations. Genetics in Medicine. 1217-1225.
- (2017). Neuronal complex I deficiency occurs throughout the Parkinson's disease brain, but is not associated with neurodegeneration or mitochondrial DNA damage. Acta Neuropathologica. 409-425.
- (2017). In vitro characterization of six STUB1 variants in spinocerebellar ataxia 16 reveals altered structural properties for the encoded CHIP proteins. Bioscience Reports. 1-12.
- (2017). Glitazone use associated with reduced risk of Parkinson's disease. Movement Disorders. 1594-1599.
- (2017). GBA2 mutations cause a Marinesco-Sjogren-like syndrome: Genetic and biochemical studies. PLOS ONE. 1-10.
- (2016). Novel SLC19A3 promoter deletion and allelic silencing in biotin-thiamine-responsive basal ganglia encephalopathy. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Mitochondrial DNA homeostasis is essential for nigrostriatal integrity. Mitochondrion (Amsterdam. Print). 33-37.
- (2016). Defective mitochondrial DNA homeostasis in the substantia nigra in Parkinson disease. Nature Communications. 11 pages.
- (2015). Hereditary diffuse leukoencephalopathy with spheroids with phenotype of primary progressive multiple sclerosis. European Journal of Neurology. 328-333.
- (2015). HTRA2 p.G399S in Parkinson disease, essential tremor, and tremulous cervical dystonia. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
- (2015). En kvinne i 70-årene med langvarige gangvansker. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2015). Dominant mutations in the autoimmune regulator AIRE are associated with common organ-specific autoimmune diseases. Immunity. 1185-1196.
- (2014). Myoclonus-dystonia and epilepsy in a family with a novel epsilon-sarcoglycan mutation. Journal of Neurology. 358-362.
- (2013). Treatment in early Parkinson's disease: the Norwegian ParkWest study. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 107-113.
- (2013). Severe nigrostriatal degeneration without clinical parkinsonism in patients with polymerase gamma mutations. Brain. 2393-2404.
- (2013). Parkinson disease: Associated disorders in the Norwegian population based incident ParkWest study. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 53-55.
- (2013). MRI characterisation of adult onset alpha-methylacyl-coA racemase deficiency diagnosed by exome sequencing. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 10 pages.
- (2013). Autonomic symptoms and dopaminergic treatment in de novo Parkinson's disease. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 290-294.
- (2012). Number of CAG repeats in POLG1 and its association with Parkinson disease in the Norwegian population. Mitochondrion (Amsterdam. Print). 640-643.
- (2011). A novel compound heterozygous tyrosine hydroxylase mutation (p.R441P) with complex phenotype. Journal of Parkinson's Disease. 119-122.
- (2010). The role of APOE alleles in incident Parkinson's disease. The Norwegian ParkWest Study. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 438-441.
- (2010). Novel pathogenic LRRK2 p.Asn1437His substitution in familial Parkinson's disease. Movement Disorders. 2156-2163.
- (2010). Differential Effect of Environmental Risk Factors on Postural Instability Gait Difficulties and Tremor Dominant Parkinson's Disease. Movement Disorders. 1847-1852.
- (2009). Phactr2 and Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience Letters. 9-11.
- (2009). Fine-mapping and candidate gene investigation within the PARK 10 locus. European Journal of Human Genetics. 336-343.
- (2009). FGF20 and Parkinson's Disease: No Evidence of Association or Pathogenicity via alpha-Synuclein Expression. Movement Disorders. 455-459.
- (2008). Lrrk2 R1441C parkinsonism is clinically similar to sporadic Parkinson disease. Neurology. 1456-1460.
- (2008). Dopamine beta-hydroxylase-1021C > T association and Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 544-547.
- (2007). Variants in the LRRK1 gene and susceptibility to Parkinson's disease in Norway. Neuroscience Letters. 299-301.
- (2007). The genetics of frontotemporal dementia. Neurologic clinics. 697-715.
- (2007). Pathogenicity of the Lrrk2 R1514Q substitution in Parkinson's disease. Movement Disorders. 389-392.
- (2007). Lack of evidence for association of Parkin promoter polymorphism (PRKN-258) with increased risk of Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. 386-388.
- (2007). LRRK2 and Parkinson's disease in Norway. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 72-75.
- (2007). ELAVL4, PARK10, and the Celts. Movement Disorders. 585-587.
Reader opinion piece
- (2009). Reported Mutations in GIGYF2 are not a Common Cause of Parkinson's Disease. Movement Disorders. 619-620.
- (2006). Genomewide association, Parkinson disease, and PARK10. American Journal of Human Genetics.
Letter to the editor
- (2018). No evidence for rare TRAP1 mutations influencing the risk of idiopathic Parkinson's disease. Brain. e16-e16.
- (2017). Simvastatin is associated with decreased risk of Parkinson disease. Annals of Neurology. 329-330.
- (2016). Nigrostriatal denervation sine parkinsonism. Brain.
- (2019). Mitochondrial mechanisms in neurodegeneration.
- (2017). Erratum to: The presence of anaemia negatively influences survival in patients with POLG disease (Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, (2017), 40, 6, (861-866), 10.1007/s10545-017-0084-9). The Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease (JIMD). 153-153.
Academic literature review
- (2017). Understanding the epilepsy in POLG related disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-8.