- 2021. Safety and efficacy of rituximab as first- and second line treatment in multiple sclerosis – A cohort study. Multiple Sclerosis Journal, Experimental, Translational and Clinical. 1-10.
- 2019. Safety and efficacy of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis in Norway. Multiple Sclerosis. 1-9.
- 2019. Fingolimod downregulates brain sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 1 levels but does not promote remyelination or neuroprotection in the cuprizone model. Journal of Neuroimmunology.
- 2019. Adverse events with fatal outcome associated with alemtuzumab treatment in multiple sclerosis. BMC Research Notes. 1-5.
- 2018. The economic impact of multiple sclerosis to the patients and their families in Norway. European Journal of Health Economics. 1243-1257.
- 2017. Survival and cause of death in multiple sclerosis: A 60-year longitudinal population study. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. 621-625.
- 2016. Disease-modifying treatments for multiple sclerosis – a review of approved medications. European Journal of Neurology. 18-27.
- 2015. Magnetization transfer ratio does not correlate to myelin content in the brain in the MOG-EAE mouse model. Neurochemistry International. 28-40.
- 2015. Fingolimod does not enhance cerebellar remyelination in the cuprizone model. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 180-186.
- 2014. Employment among patients with multiple sclerosis-A population study. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Effect of high-dose 1.25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 on remyelination in the cuprizone model. APMIS : Acta pathologica, microbiologica et immunologica Scandinavica. Supplementum. 1178-1186.
- 2013. Deep gray matter demyelination detected by magnetization transfer ratio in the cuprizone model. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. The cuprizone model: regional heterogeneity of pathology. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 648-657.
- 2012. Poor Sleep in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis. PLOS ONE. 5 pages.
- 2012. A need for national registries and international collaborative research in multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 1-3.
- 2011. Dietary vitamin D3 supplements reduce demyelination in the cuprizone model. PLOS ONE. 8 pages.
- 2010. Upregulation of immunoglobulin-related genes in cortical sections from multiple sclerosis patients. Brain Pathology. 720-729.
- 2010. Clinico-pathological evidence that axonal loss underlies disability in progressive multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis. 406-411.
- 2009. Spinal cord grey matter lesions in multiple sclerosis detected by post-mortem high field MR imaging. Multiple Sclerosis. 180-188.
- 2009. Spinal Cord Neuronal Pathology in Multiple Sclerosis. Brain Pathology. 642-649.
- 2009. Regional variations in the extent and pattern of grey matter demyelination in multiple sclerosis: a comparison between the cerebral cortex, cerebellar cortex, deep grey matter nuclei and the spinal cord. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. 182-187.
- 2009. Meningeal inflammation is not associated with cortical demyelination in chronic multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 1021-1028.
- 2009. Greater loss of axons in primary progressive multiple sclerosis plaques compared to secondary progressive disease. Brain. 1190-1199.
- 2009. Enhanced number and activity of mitochondria in multiple sclerosis lesions. Journal of Pathology. 193-204.
- 2009. Effects of dietary intervention on MRI activity, de- and remyelination in the cuprizone model for demyelination. Experimental Neurology. 160-166.
- 2009. Abundant extracellular myelin in the meninges of patients with multiple sclerosis. Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology. 283-295.
- 2009. A salmon based diet protects mice from behavioural changes in the cuprizone model for demyelination. Clinical Nutrition. 83-87.
- 2008. The cuprizone model for demyelination. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 72-76.
- 2008. Mast cell transcripts are increased within and outside multiple sclerosis lesions. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 176-185.
- 2008. Homogeneity of active demyelinating lesions in established multiple sclerosis. Annals of Neurology. 16-25.
- 2007. The blood-brain barrier in cortical multiple sclerosis lesions. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 321-328.
- 2007. Lack of correlation between cortical demyelination and white matter pathologic changes in multiple sclerosis. Archives of Neurology. 76-80.
- 2007. Extensive hippocampal demyelination in multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 819-827.
- 2006. Grey matter pathology in multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 48-50.
- 2003. Subpial demyelination in the cerebral cortex of multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 723-732.
- 2003. Intracortical demyelination in multiple sclerosis is not associated with increased lymphocyte infiltration. Mult Scler. 323-331.
- 2002. VCAM-1-positive microglia target oligodendrycytes at the border of multiple sclerosis lesions. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 539-546.
- 2002. Titin and ryanodine receptor epitopes are expressed in cortical thymoma along with co-stimulatory molecules. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 82-89.
- 2001. Transected Neurites, Apoptotic Neurons and Reduced Inflammation in Cortical MS Lesions. Annals of Neurology. 389-400.
- 1999. Pathogenesis of tissue injury in MS lesions. Neuroimmunomodulation. 49-56.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2001. Multippel sklerose: sykdomsmekanismer.
- 2002. Titin and ryanodine receptor epitopes are expressed in cortical thymoma along with co-stimulatory molecules.
- 2001. Normal appearing cortical tissue, pathology studies.
- 2001. Differences in pathology between secondary and primary multiple sclerosis.
Reader opinion piece
- 2014. Re: Uetisk av nevrologene ikke å tilby pasienter med multippel sklerose cytostatikabehandling med autolog stamcellestøtte. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2239-2240.
- 2016. Botulinum Toxin as Monotherapy in Symptomatic Trigeminal Neuralgia. Headache. 1035-1039.
- 2017. Patient-centered outcomes in multiple sclerosis. Results from observational studies on sleep, employment and survival.
- 1998. Multiple sclerosis, immunopathological studies of inflammatory control nervous system demyelination. -.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2014. Multippel Sklerose. 10 pages.
- 2012. Poor sleep in patients with multiple sclerosis. European Journal of Neurology. 706-706.
- 2009. MITOCHONDRIAL ALTERATIONS IN ASTROCYTES IN MS LESIONS. Glia. S134-S134.
- 2009. Histopathological characterisation of the cuprizone model for demyelination. Multiple Sclerosis. S177-S177.
- 2009. Equal loss of corticospinal axons despite less demyelination in primary vs secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Neuropathology and Applied Neurobiology. 17-18.
- 2008. Meningeal inflammation in multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis. S273-S274.
- 2008. Fish diet prevents impaired mobility in the murine cuprizone model for multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis. S90-S91.
- 2008. Extensive myelin deposition in the meninges of patients with multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis. S273-S273.
- 2008. A homogeneous pattern of active demyelination in patients with established multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuroimmunology. 264-265.
- 2014. Magnetization transfer ratio (MTR) increased unexpectedly in EAE induced mice.
Academic literature review
- 2019. B cell depletion in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy. 261-271.
- 2015. The Norwegian Multiple Sclerosis Registry and Biobank. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 24-28.
- 2013. Clinical assessment and management of sleep disorders in multiple sclerosis: a literature review. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, Supplementum. 24-30.
- 2012. Polyunsaturated fatty acids in multiple sclerosis therapy. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 70-75.
- 2009. The histopathology of grey matter demyelination in multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. 51-57.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2019. Synsproblemer ved multippel sklerose. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 7 pages.